Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It’s coming back, guys! It’s coming back! :O

Never thought I’d see this day!

@00Agent @mattjoes @Agent007391
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 40,471
    I saw that this morning, can't believe it's getting a remake/remaster!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Though I will say I was disappointed it will be a remake, I'm looking forward to it. Maybe it will spawn a sequel the original game couldn't.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Damn, that and Jedi: Fallen Order means November'll be busy...
    October-November usually is the time for the bigger releases. Can't say I'm optimistic just yet on another Star Wars game, but XIII will definitely be mine.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I never got around to playing the original. I came close to pulling the trigger many times, but I think the cel-shaded style put me off. Might have to keep an eye on this remaster.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Is this a ps4 exclusive?
    Then i won't be able to play it anyway. Pity
    00Agent wrote: »
    Is this a ps4 exclusive?

It'll be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I never got around to playing the original. I came close to pulling the trigger many times, but I think the cel-shaded style put me off. Might have to keep an eye on this remaster.

I haven't played it either, but it looks pretty cool!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    Is this a ps4 exclusive?

It'll be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

Ok, good to know. Thanks.
    I will check it out then. Liked the original a lot.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Mads and Madeleine! :P

Hideo Kojima presents....Death Stranding - Official Release Date Trailer

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Who is Nicolas Refn? I've never heard of him.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    He is a Danish director. He said he was offered to direct Bond but turned it down.
    leas_mole wrote: »
    He is a Danish director. He said he was offered to direct Bond but turned it down.

So with him, Del Toro and rumors of Edgar Wright, that's three directors.
    And three people affiliated with the Craig era in some fashion - del Toro, Seydoux and Mikkelsen.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited May 2019 Posts: 1,257
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is back
    Scheduled for global release on PlayStation® 4, Xbox One, and PC (Blizzard Battle.net) on Friday, October 25, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a powerful reimagined experience in an all-new title, built from the ground up.
    https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-05/Announcing-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare

Oof, didn't take them long to start going with remakes and reimaginings, I see.
    I'm actually interested in this Cold War COD game. With their resources, they could make one hell of a stealth/spy game. But i'm not convinced Activision would have the balls to step away from all of the 'crash, bang, wollop' COD is known for.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    COD4 and MW2 are some of my all time favorites so I’m thrilled to see them back in the modern warfare arena. I got high hopes for this one.
    COD4 and MW2 are some of my all time favorites so I’m thrilled to see them back in the modern warfare arena. I got high hopes for this one.

They were some of my favorites, as well, but the development teams are so vastly different these days, as are the tastes of the gaming community as a whole. I'd gladly welcome a proper return to a more grounded installment, but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet - been fooled by this series one too many times over the years.
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/06/03/splinter-cell-ps4-xbox-pc-e3-2019-gamestop/

It's one week to E3. If Sam is a no show this year, then we can go ahead and accept he isn't coming back.
    What's everyone's take on the PS5 rumours? I still have a PS3, having not upgraded to the 4. If the 5 is to be backward-compatible, I won't bother with a 4 at all. Most of the games I'd want to play on the 4 (Uncharted, for instance) would run well, and then . . . we'll see what the 5 has in store!

Thoughts?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 9,770
    It’s coming back, guys! It’s coming back! :O

Never thought I’d see this day!

@00Agent @mattjoes @Agent007391
    Always wanted to play that game never did I might just pick that up

I will put my E3 hopes here
    1. New Batman game
    2. 2. New splinter cell game
    3. 3. New bond game or at least announce the studio that will be making bond games
    octofinger wrote: »
    What's everyone's take on the PS5 rumours? I still have a PS3, having not upgraded to the 4. If the 5 is to be backward-compatible, I won't bother with a 4 at all. Most of the games I'd want to play on the 4 (Uncharted, for instance) would run well, and then . . . we'll see what the 5 has in store!

Thoughts?

Backwards compatibility can only be a good thing. Games set for release on the PS4 can still be released on the PS4 with no risk of sales loss from all those who ditch last-gen when the newer, shinier consoles are released.
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/06/03/splinter-cell-ps4-xbox-pc-e3-2019-gamestop/

It's one week to E3. If Sam is a no show this year, then we can go ahead and accept he isn't coming back.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'd be incredibly happy if it panned out. I thought for sure it was happening last year due to a pre-E3 leak, and alas, nothing, not even some remasters or ports of the older titles.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ghostbusters is getting remastered. :)