Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    Ghostbusters is getting remastered. :)

This game was such a random gem back when it was released, I loved it. I'll definitely pick up the remaster but I do hope they removed the multiplayer portion, or at least those awful trophies associated with it. I remember it being a laggy, impossible mess for the most part.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

This game was such a random gem back when it was released, I loved it. I'll definitely pick up the remaster but I do hope they removed the multiplayer portion, or at least those awful trophies associated with it. I remember it being a laggy, impossible mess for the most part.

I didn't play the mp last time around. And it's not a deal breaker this time around. Just give me a remaster of the single player and i'll be happy.

I didn't play the mp last time around. And it's not a deal breaker this time around. Just give me a remaster of the single player and i'll be happy.

It won't be a dealbreaker for me, either, I just hope they put all of their time into fine-tuning the remaster of the single player and don't waste time and resources on the MP portion. Either way, I'm excited to play it again.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 40,372
    Not that I needed another reason to check the game out, but Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077? I'm in. Game releases April 16th, 2020:

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Here’s a game that I never expected to see remastered:

This game and it’s sequel The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Video Game shared the same game engine and mechanics, and I still consider the movie game to be the best 3D platformer I’ve ever played. I never got I chance to play Battle for Bikini Bottom, so I’m genuinely hyped for this!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Not that I needed another reason to check the game out, but Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077? I'm in. Game releases April 16th, 2020:

Not really my style of game but it looks pretty cool.

As far as E3 goes, I’d love some big PS5 news, but I’m really just waiting for more The Last of Us 2 content.
    Here’s a game that I never expected to see remastered:

This game and it’s sequel The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Video Game shared the same game engine and mechanics, and I still consider the movie game to be the best 3D platformer I’ve ever played. I never got I chance to play Battle for Bikini Bottom, so I’m genuinely hyped for this!

Very hyped to get this for my Switch. Battle for Bikini Bottom has always been one of my all-time favorite games - probably my favorite of any based on a TV show or film.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Splinter Cell, that's what i'm waiting for. If Sam is a no show tomorrow night (9pm UK time), then i'll just accept he isn't coming back at all.

Not really my style of game but it looks pretty cool.

As far as E3 goes, I’d love some big PS5 news, but I’m really just waiting for more The Last of Us 2 content.

You'll be left waiting - they announced some PS5 info weeks back and this is the first year that Sony won't be appearing. I'm curious to see if they'll launch the system Holiday 2020, too, since that's what Xbox will be doing.
    Ubisoft E3 stream just finished. No new Splinter Cell game. :( Time to accept that there won't be a new one at all.
    Thought Microsoft’s E3 was so-so, and Ubisoft’s was trash. Needing my favorite, Nintendo, to deliver the goods tomorrow.
    Ubisoft E3 stream just finished. No new Splinter Cell game. :( Time to accept that there won't be a new one at all.

You missed Elite Squad, where he'll return...in some awful looking, free-to-play mobile game that includes other Ubisoft characters. What an absolute joke.

https://www.gamesradar.com/tom-clancys-elite-squad-is-a-mobile-rpg-with-characters-from-splinter-cell-the-division-and-more/

You missed Elite Squad, where he'll return...in some awful looking, free-to-play mobile game that includes other Ubisoft characters. What an absolute joke.

https://www.gamesradar.com/tom-clancys-elite-squad-is-a-mobile-rpg-with-characters-from-splinter-cell-the-division-and-more/

No, I saw that. That's basically World Of Espionage for Sam, so I ignored it.

No, I saw that. That's basically World Of Espionage for Sam, so I ignored it.

It's a slap in the face to those of us who have been pining for a new installment, or even a generic port of the earlier titles. At this rate, we'll be looking to the next generation of consoles to get a new installment. What a damn shame.

Think the only games I've seen so far that I'll probably be purchasing are Borderlands 3 and Cyberpunk 2077.
    I would have been happy with remasters of the first 4 games. Oh well... looking on there bright side, I won't be getting my hopes up for another SC, only to be disappointed.
    I would have been happy with remasters of the first 4 games. Oh well... looking on there bright side, I won't be getting my hopes up for another SC, only to be disappointed.

Agreed. Something would've been better than nothing, but they take the $$$ route and drop some horrid looking mobile game instead. Here's to next E3 maybe, hopefully, probably not.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 13,882
    Rebellion announced Zombie Army 4 in early 2020 for PS4 and XBox One. I prefer the main Sniper Elite games, but I will buy ZAT4, to keep me going until SE5 (also due in 2020).

edited June 2019 Posts: 13,882
    First look at Sniper Elite VR:

Now I have to get a VR set.

First gameplay of Zombie Army 4:

Nintendo’s E3 was a joy for me. Bringing Banjo-Kazooie to Smash Bros. made my week big time.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm most hyped about Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing, but a lot of games Nintendo showed off have my interest.
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xbox-backward-compatibility/

They did add the four Splinter Cell games for the original Xbox to the Backward Compatibility program for Xbox One, with relevant DLC included. Not a new game, but it's something.
    MooreFun wrote: »
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/e3-2019-whats-next-xbox-backward-compatibility/

They did add the four Splinter Cell games for the original Xbox to the Backward Compatibility program for Xbox One, with relevant DLC included. Not a new game, but it's something.

I noticed that the other night - better than nothing, for sure, but I only own a PS4. Personally, I feel the Xbox is only good for the backwards compatible titles, as is evidenced here.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Caught alot of E3 nothing really grabbed me though I think as I have got older I am cynical about alot of games until I have played them. Keanu's crowd reaction was amusing, what a legend.
    Caught alot of E3 nothing really grabbed me though I think as I have got older I am cynical about alot of games until I have played them. Keanu's crowd reaction was amusing, what a legend.

That's exactly how I am these days, with film and TV, too. Games especially, they cost too much to justify $60+ every other week for something that'll inevitably be half off in a few months and run much better after a round of patches.

I have all for games for the XBox, and I also have an XBox One. :D Not a new game, but i'll take this news gladly.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

That's exactly how I am these days, with film and TV, too. Games especially, they cost too much to justify $60+ every other week for something that'll inevitably be half off in a few months and run much better after a round of patches.

I have never been much of a first day release buyer of games barring rare exceptions, many trailers for games show little game play these days. Maybe it's sacrilege though I like to play a game and tend to skip many cinematic exposition scenes, I rarely pay attention to characters names etc.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 23,105

I have all for games for the XBox, and I also have an XBox One. :D Not a new game, but i'll take this news gladly.

I have the majority of the Splinter Cell games I got them cheap in a bundle from Steam, the early games were great. I maybe tempted to get them on Backward compatibility

I have the majority of the Splinter Cell games I got them cheap in a bundle from Steam, the early games were great. I maybe tempted to get them on Backward compatibility

I might be in the minority, but I also liked Blacklist. I liked how the slealth element was incorporated. Ghosting missions, those we were allowed to ghost, was so thrilling. Pandora Tomorrow is my personal favourite.

I might be in the minority, but I also liked Blacklist. I liked how the slealth element was incorporated. Ghosting missions, those we were allowed to ghost, was so thrilling. Pandora Tomorrow is my personal favourite.

Just put the first Splinter Cell on now on my PC, it's the only one I have started replaying the others I have not played since there initial releases. I have a fondness for the first three games, I have vague memory of the other games I can't remember what happened in Blacklist. I know for certain Conviction is one I never completed I got stuck midway through the game, I should revisit that game at some point.

Just put the first Splinter Cell on now on my PC, it's the only one I have started replaying the others I have not played since there initial releases. I have a fondness for the first three games, I have vague memory of the other games I can't remember what happened in Blacklist. I know for certain Conviction is one I never completed I got stuck midway through the game, I should revisit that game at some point.

I installed the first one yesterday. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. I noticed Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb, was also included in the backwards compatible list.