Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

I'm glad they finally announced Agent's cancellation. Living in uncertainty for over ten years was just too much.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Has anyone else been playing following Fallout 76? It's like watching a drunken blindfolded clown stomp its way across a minefield.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Has anyone else been playing following Fallout 76? It's like watching a drunken blindfolded clown stomp its way across a minefield.

On one hand it's a blast, and on the other it's one of the most buggy, glitchy, unplayable messes I've ever experienced. I've shelved it for the time being, awaiting some patches first.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2018 Posts: 13,894
    Creasy47 wrote: »

On one hand it's a blast, and on the other it's one of the most buggy, glitchy, unplayable messes I've ever experienced. I've shelved it for the time being, awaiting some patches first.

It's not just the game, but how Bethesda have handled the game. First there was the "Cleansing the Wasteland" video. Now I would never do what those 3 or 4 players did, but when Bethesda creates a post apocalyptic game, where players can group together and survive how they want, they can't then start banning people who take a 'Wastelander Raider' approach to the games world. Then there was the little matter of advertising the Power Armour edition of the game with a canvas bag, but then switching it out, without warning, for a cheap alternative.* And lastly the recent Support Ticket fiasco, where when player logs a ticket, are are able to access a Moderater view, where they can view other plays names/addresses/credit card details!

*They are offering 500 atoms as an incentive. But accepting that, will void any actual legal claim you make.
    Yeah they've somehow managed to bungle and botch just about every aspect of the marketing, release, and game itself. It's very disconcerting; I expected the typical bug fest that's expected with any Bethesda title, but this is blatantly unacceptable.

To be fair, pretty much most games I buy anymore convince me that gaming just isn't the hobby for me that it once was; it's all a cheap money grab, releasing broken game after false beta after another, all aiming to get your money because once they have that, they've got you. My gaming purchases were significantly down this year, and I can only expect even more of the same come 2019. I'm tired of it.
    Having only got my PS4 in 2017, I have been trying to catch up so have bought quite a number of games this year, but i'm not sure how many of them are 2018 games. I have been playing Battlefield V lately.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 40,471
    Having only got my PS4 in 2017, I have been trying to catch up so have bought quite a number of games this year, but i'm not sure how many of them are 2018 games. I have been playing Battlefield V lately.

That's another one that didn't look worth the time or money whatsoever. It being 50% off literally one week after release further hinted at such an assessment.

I'd say the only ones worth it to me this year (that I played) were Kingdom Come: Deliverance and perhaps Hitman 2.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 13,894

That's another one that didn't look worth the time or money whatsoever. It being 50% off literally one week after release further hinted at such an assessment.

Only for those that bought Battlefield 1 and 4. And Fallout 76 was also discounted a week after release.
    I'd say the only ones worth it to me this year (that I played) were Kingdom Come: Deliverance and perhaps Hitman 2.

Both excellent games, especially Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I was so pleased for Warhorse, when news broke that KCD had sold 1 million copies in its first week. For a small studio with a niche idea, that must have been music to their ears. That attempted boycott must have helped too. Ha ha.

That Subnautica (released yesterday) looks interesting, sort of.. No Man's Sky but beneath the sea.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,730
    Not surprised after the mixed reception of RDR2

Mixed? I thought it was doing quite well. I haven't played it myself, but I have heard nothing but positive talk about it. Now if this were Bethesda and Fallout 76, cancelling their next game would be wise. Except it isn't, and Bethesda have said that they are using the same engine for their next two game! You know the joke about "It isn't a Bethesda game if it isn't riddled with bugs", well that joke isn't funny anymore. Again, I haven't played Fallout 76, but I have watched a lot of videos on it, and it is shocking that Bethesda thinks it is ok to release games in that condition.

Critics loved it, but RDR2 has been mixed amongst players. I think it’s because people were expecting Gta 5 and they got a western which obviously has a completely differant pace
    @MajorDSmythe, Kingdom Come was another one that was simply perfection to me, past the bugs and glitches (things that could be - and easily were - patched and tweaked by Warhorse). I'm sad to say, though, that I made my progress on the XB1 version of the game, but really don't touch that console anymore, and am in fact actively trying to sell it. I think I might have to pick it up for the PS4 and give it another go soon, because I'm bummed that I didn't get to finish it, and the next-gen consoles will be here in a year or two, which is bound to fly by.

@JamesBondKenya, I'm not sure why I seemed to love RDR as much as I did, but I put two or three hours into RDR2 and was bored stiff. It's hard to explain, I really don't know how to go about it but I'll be surprised if I ever bother with it again.
    @MajorDSmythe, Kingdom Come was another one that was simply perfection to me, past the bugs and glitches (things that could be - and easily were - patched and tweaked by Warhorse). I'm sad to say, though, that I made my progress on the XB1 version of the game, but really don't touch that console anymore, and am in fact actively trying to sell it. I think I might have to pick it up for the PS4 and give it another go soon, because I'm bummed that I didn't get to finish it, and the next-gen consoles will be here in a year or two, which is bound to fly by.

Glad you enjoyed it so much. All things considered, Warhorse did an excellent job post release (they did an equally excellent job during development too, if you know what I mean). I didn't encounter that many bugs. There was the Vagabond who was locked in the pillory, which iirc, rendered a quest incomplete. Otherwise, mine was a smooth experience.
    A smaller studio making such a sprawling, realistic RPG like that - it should've been a total misfire, a dud brimming with glitch after glitch, but the fact that it turned out all right and was a success for the most part is fantastic.

It also seems like a game with so many branching paths and avenues and possibilities that it's easy to overlook certain characters/missions/etc., it really is that in-depth.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure once I've had my fill of Fallout 76 (which won't take much longer, honestly) and Hitman 2 (which I'm already at the point of being burnt out on, past the fact that the game crashes all of the time), I'll be returning to that so I can sink all my free gaming hours into it.
    There's a trophy for completing all quests! Given the size of the game, that boggles the mind.

I'm loving Hitman 2, but i'm bouncing around a handful of games, so i'm not feeling any burnout.
    That's right! Though I did some digging on that months back, and it's something like 80 or 82 quests that you have to complete, not all of them. There's a little leeway with how many you can miss out on, but not many - still tough, considering it's VERY easy to overlook and miss some of those, particularly with no knowledge in advance.

I dove into Hitman 2 and walked away with several playthroughs of all levels and almost all of the trophies after a week or two. Just didn't have the same staying power that Hitman 2016 did - now I feel like I've solely been focusing on the corner-cutting, the cheaper aspects and the idiotic decisions implemented by IO over the moments I actually enjoyed. Toss in the amount of times the game crashes on me and I have no energy to return to it (past ET appearances, the upcoming holiday content, and the inevitable DLC packs).
    That's right! Though I did some digging on that months back, and it's something like 80 or 82 quests that you have to complete, not all of them. There's a little leeway with how many you can miss out on, but not many - still tough, considering it's VERY easy to overlook and miss some of those, particularly with no knowledge in advance.

I didn't get anywhere near that on my original attempt. I got sidetrack by other things, and didn't play it for weeks. Then about ago, I restarted the game.
    I dove into Hitman 2 and walked away with several playthroughs of all levels and almost all of the trophies after a week or two. Just didn't have the same staying power that Hitman 2016 did - now I feel like I've solely been focusing on the corner-cutting, the cheaper aspects and the idiotic decisions implemented by IO over the moments I actually enjoyed.

I haven't mastered any of the missions yet, I am almost mastery level 20 with 'Showstopper' from the Legacy Pack of Hitman. I think I have a more positive outlook on the game. Honestly, i'm enjoying the hell out of it. I am grateful that they pulled away from the direction that Abomination pushed the series down.
    Toss in the amount of times the game crashes on me and I have no energy to return to it (past ET appearances, the upcoming holiday content, and the inevitable DLC packs).

And that's on the XB1, right? I haven't had any crashes on the PS4. I failed the first ET, so I am eagerly awaiting the next, so I can make up for my dismal failure.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 40,471
    Nah, it's the PS4 digital edition. It honestly crashes a good 50-60% of the time, which is odd for a digital copy.

EDIT: Another reason why I'm so salty with IO and their handling of Hitman 2 - they hyped up some great holiday surprise this month, and the result just unveiled? The same Holiday Hoarders mission (that's PERMANENTLY available in Hitman 2016) is returning...but as a time-limited event for just a couple of weeks. And now they're hyping up new unlocks like a measuring tape fiber wire (already exists in the game) and wrenches (already exists in the game).

It's stuff like this that just should've been the case from day one (or in the instance of Holiday Hoarders, should've been a permanent staple since day one), but some biased fans are just applauding them endlessly over it. It's a joke.
    Nah, it's the PS4 digital edition. It honestly crashes a good 50-60% of the time, which is odd for a digital copy.

EDIT: Another reason why I'm so salty with IO and their handling of Hitman 2 - they hyped up some great holiday surprise this month, and the result just unveiled? The same Holiday Hoarders mission (that's PERMANENTLY available in Hitman 2016) is returning...but as a time-limited event for just a couple of weeks. And now they're hyping up new unlocks like a measuring tape fiber wire (already exists in the game) and wrenches (already exists in the game).

It's stuff like this that just should've been the case from day one (or in the instance of Holiday Hoarders, should've been a permanent staple since day one), but some biased fans are just applauding them endlessly over it. It's a joke.

I will admit that is a bit ropey. 'Holiday Hoarders' could should have been included with the Legacy Pack. I wondered why is wasn't listed in the 'Showstopper' destination.
    I'm already seeing people smooch the cheeks of IO for including those unlocks (which, again, should've been day one unlocks). I tire of the bias of some fans stretching as far as actually applauding and thanking a developer for something they should've already done. That's now how it's supposed to work.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,894
    About 30 minutes ago, Rebellion released a video featuring 4 pieces of news, regarding the Sniper Elite series.

1) They are in the very early stages of Sniper Elite 5 development. But it will be released in 2020 at the earliest.

2) Sniper Elite V2 is getting a current gen remaster with Sniper Elite V2: Remastered this year.

3) Sniper Elite III: Ultimate Edition is going to have a Nintendo Switch release this year.

and lastly

4) They are also working on a stand alone Sniper Elite VR game.

Very nice, never got to play V2 so I'll have to check out this remastered version. Hell, what am I saying, I've not gotten to play a single full title in the series beyond what I've experienced in game demos, but everything I've tried has been a blast.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,894
    I highly recommend this series, @Creasy47. I think we shared the same feelings about Sniper Ghost Warrior 3. In which case I think you'll enjoy this series immensely, each installment has raised the bar. Sniper Elite 4 is by far the best sniper game out there. Large open levels, with mandatory/optional objectives which can be completed in any order, and when you crank the difficulty level up you really need to play tactically (advisable to also seek out a good co-op partner). I just hope that Tom Clarke Hill will continue voicing Karl. Without him it would be... it would be like 47 without the voice of David Bateson.
    I highly recommend this series, @Creasy47. I think we shared the same feelings about Sniper Ghost Warrior 3. In which case I think you'll enjoy this series immensely, each installment has raised the bar. Sniper Elite 4 is by far the best sniper game out there. Large open levels, with mandatory/optional objectives which can be completed in any order, and when you crank the difficulty level up you really need to play tactically (advisable to also seek out a good co-op partner). I just hope that Tom Clarke Hill will continue voicing Karl. Without him it would be... it would be like 47 without the voice of David Bateson.

We did, I nearly forgot about that. I thought Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 was nothing overly special, but I got it for a few bucks and it was enjoyable enough for a one time playthrough and an easy Platinum Trophy. And is V2 the initial installment of the series? That's the only bit I'm confused on, because if it is, I might wait and pick it up as the first title from the series I play in full, then.
    No, V2 is the second game. The original game was on the PS2, XBX, PC and later the Wii. I don't remember much about the original game, I have a copy for the PS2, but I haven't played it in a loooooong time. I think once you play the sequels, it's a little hard to go back to the original. I suppose it is worth picking up to see how the series started. I still haven't played Sniper Elite 3. I'm juggling a few games at the moment, and am streaming 4 of them on Youtube, so I want to finish at least one of them before I tackle the next game.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    2021, baby!!

@00Agent :D
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    SharkBait wrote: »
    I'm glad they finally announced Agent's cancellation. Living in uncertainty for over ten years was just too much.

Half-Life 3

(...or perhaps there is no uncertainty there. Perhaps we know it isn't coming, ever.)
    mattjoes wrote: »
    SharkBait wrote: »

Half-Life 3

(...or perhaps there is no uncertainty there. Perhaps we know it isn't coming, ever.)

That's how it's been for years for me: I've always "accepted" it's never coming, that way I'm only setting myself up for a big surprise if it does ever see the light of day.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    2021, baby!!

@00Agent :D

I'm glad they are taking their time with this.
    Sniper Elite V2 Remastered is being released 14th May

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/sniper_elite_v2_remastered_targets_14th_may_release_date_on_ps4#comments

It's been so long since I played the first game, I wasn't aware that V2 was the remake of it. There you go, @Creasy47, you can skip the first game, and go to V2 Remastered.

I already have the original V2 (as well as the original orignal game), but i'll definitely be picking this one up as well. The article says that all of the dlc will be bundled in the one package, i'm wondering if that will include Zombie Army Trilogy, which has had it's own separate release on PS4/XBox One.
    Duly noted! I saw the release date pop up elsewhere earlier, but didn't see anything else beyond that. I'll definitely check it out, especially at those prices.
    A comparison trailer: