The NHL Thread

Comments

• Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Hopefully the Blues can recover after "hand pass" loss last night. That was brutal. How did none of the refs see that? And that fact they can't review it...
    Though I’m rooting for the Sharks to advance and can’t stand the Blues, the refs clearly botched allowing that last goal to count last night. Ridiculous that hand passes aren’t reviewable.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Wow the Bruins made good clean sweep of the Hurricanes that was fast.
    Too bad. Not surprised after how the first couple games went though. No matter what now I know for sure I’m rooting for the Western Conference to win it all.
    Once the capitals and penguins went out I started rooting for the west otherwise I root for the west because my team is in the west
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Once the capitals and penguins went out I started rooting for the west otherwise I root for the west because my team is in the west

The Wild, right?
    FoxRox wrote: »

The Wild, right?

@FoxRox I know the Blackhawks have our number 😂 we can never get our act together put a championship team out there
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 12,267

The Wild, right?

@FoxRox I know the Blackhawks have our number 😂 we can never get our act together put a championship team out there

Despite being a rival, I have way more respect for the Wild than the Blues. I wouldn't mind seeing them win a championship someday, as long as they don't knock out the Hawks in the playoffs to do it haha!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,126

The Wild, right?

Despite being a rival, I have way more respect for the Wild than the Blues. I wouldn't mind seeing them win a championship someday, as long as they don't knock out the Hawks in the playoffs to do it haha!

@FoxRox we helped guys get 2 cups lol 😂 I don't care for the blues either I've definitely been rooting for the Sharks and actually I cheer for the hawks as long as they aren't against the wild you guys have like one of my favorite goal horns. It's sad we are a hockey crazed state a little canada and the teams that don't have snow and ice have more success.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Even though Carolina went out with a whimper. I would have gladly taken that same run that they went on.

Still despise Boston.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't see it happening, but for some East Conference consistency, let's see the Bruins get swept in the finals.
    Artemis81 wrote: »
    Hopefully the Blues can recover after "hand pass" loss last night. That was brutal. How did none of the refs see that? And that fact they can't review it...

The NHL should allow all scoring plays to be reviewable in the future just like the NFL does to prevent such occurrences.

The NHL should allow all scoring plays to be reviewable in the future just like the NFL does to prevent such occurrences.

What plays specifically?

What plays specifically?

A coach should be at least allowed to challenge one scoring play per game. In overtime, all scoring plays should be reviewable to make sure the goal is good. When reviewing a scoring play, they should first make sure the play is not offside, they should watch out for any illegal hand passes or pucks played by a high stick, check for potential goalie interference, make sure the puck crosses the goal line completely and make sure the puck wasn't kicked in by a skate. Obviously nobody wants to lengthen a game for no reason but any scoring play that is questionable should be reviewable. The refs make the right call most of the time but it's easy to miss a call every now and then because they don't have the luxury of seeing the play in slow motion.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Glad to see St. Louis pick up the win last night. I slightly prefer them to San Jose. I feel I would more slightly be into a Boston- St. Louis final. But considering I havent watched a full Cup final series since Tampa-Chicago I probably won't watch much anyway.
    Well we are all set Bruins vs Blues for the Stanley Cup

I know what I’m not watching. Still rather the Blues win as painful as that is to say.

I know what I’m not watching. Still rather the Blues win as painful as that is to say.

Think I'm rooting for the Bruins, which is an even more painful thing to admit. Doubt I watch the series either, I suppose I truly don't care about the outcome at the end of the day. Curious to see how even or one-sided it ends up, though.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Think I'm rooting for the Bruins, which is an even more painful thing to admit. Doubt I watch the series either, I suppose I truly don't care about the outcome at the end of the day. Curious to see how even or one-sided it ends up, though.

Yes the outcome won’t bother me too much, but after the Red Sox and Patriots I just have to go against Boston. I can’t stand their sports teams in general. Blues are a rival team to me so I dislike them.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Lets see if they can top the Bobby Orr goal in this Cup final. That picture is one of my favourite sports photos.

I am cheering for the Blues, some former Leafs play for them. Bozak, Steen and their coach Berube. I would like to see them all drink from Lord Stanley's mug.

As for the Bruins, less said the better. Looks like so far, the Leafs gave them their toughest challenge.
    Blues all the way. Those championship starved New Englanders will have to wait.
    I can't hate on the Boston/NE teams and fans for their successes. I root for Ohio teams and the Blue Jackets have given me at least some excitement.

Personally, I'm more tired of the GS Warriors in the NBA finals all the time. They remind me of the Red Sox in signing or getting these star players to help them dominate.
    BT3366 wrote: »
    I can't hate on the Boston/NE teams and fans for their successes. I root for Ohio teams and the Blue Jackets have given me at least some excitement.

Personally, I'm more tired of the GS Warriors in the NBA finals all the time. They remind me of the Red Sox in signing or getting these star players to help them dominate.

I don't follow NBA but didn't I read they were in the last four or five finals or something? That's ridiculous.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    BT3366 wrote: »

I don't follow NBA but didn't I read they were in the last four or five finals or something? That's ridiculous.

2015 til this year included. They won in 2015, 17, 18, lost in 2016 and back again this year. I don't hate specifically on Boston teams, but they've won a fair share since 2001. Im just sick of the Patriots mostly.
    I think Boston takes this pretty handily. 5 games
    I’ll predict Boston in 5 as well.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    St. Louis shouldn’t be underestimated; last summer they built a team to get this far (and who knows why they stumbled so badly until after Jan); St. Louis in 6.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    peter wrote: »
    St. Louis shouldn’t be underestimated; last summer they built a team to get this far (and who knows why they stumbled so badly until after Jan)
    This. I thought facing San Jose would be challenging as they have talented players (Burns, Couture, Pavelski, Thornton), but watching the last three games of the Western Conference Finals, St. Louis made me more scared of them. They play similar to the Bruins and I feel like the finals are going to be a grind. (I hope the Bruins can come up top though.)

As for some media saying this a rematch between Boston and St. Louis - please stop. That was 50 years ago, the Blues were only 4 years old, the Bruins swept that series - there wasn't much rivalry between the teams. They only thing it gave us is that iconic shot of flying Bobby Orr.

I fell asleep before the game even started. Glad to see St. Louis steal a win in Boston.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I want Christian Bale to gain some weight and do the Craig Berube bio pic...