No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/naomie-harris-bond-25 I just hope they don't go too far if its Goldeneye level I'm fine
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    TR007 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Naomie Harris talks Bond 25 at GQ Heroes

Speaking at British GQ Heroes, Naomie Harris said that she does not have any details on Bond 25 and that the cast will likely only receive their own part of the script to read, something that did not happen on previous films.
    "Not an issue." (It is.)
    "This is completely normal." (It isn't.)

It isn't unheard of either.

According to this, only Robert Downey Jr. got to see the full script during the production of Avengers: Endgame, which is a massive success. Members of the cast are only given scripts that are important to their storyline, which seems like what Naomie Harris is dealing with here. It wasn't an issue there, why is it now?
    This is normal practice in case of mega franchises with millions of obsessed fans around the globe who are addicted to leaks. Bond is different. Most Bond fans are casual fans, nothing more. There are very few of us, hardcore fans. Compare the size of Game of Thrones, or Marvel or Star Wars subreddits to the Bond subreddit.
    After the Spectre script leaks you really can’t blame EON for wanting to go that extra step to secure the script.
    Absolutely nothing to worry about. Rejoice in the fact that a new Bond is currently in production!

There is this, too. For the talk about spoilers, leaks etc not being a big deal for Bond in comparison with other franchises, there was a huge stink after the Spectre leaks which kind of proves that any plot spoilers ahead of time are a big no-no for both the audience and (mostly) the film itself.

I'd be willing to bet that most large studio films will adopt this sort of policy in the future. Better to be safe than sorry, now that we're firmly in the realm of spoiler culture.

A lot of TV shows that aren't as big as Game Of Thrones are very secretive about scripts, too. Vikings, for example.
    Nobody's moaning yet about Baz's post, thats odd, I was expecting this to be lit up with the usual doomsday posts.
    acidie wrote: »
    Nobody's moaning yet about Baz's post, thats odd, I was expecting this to be lit up with the usual doomsday posts.

What is it?
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,126

What he say?
    Wish I could delete posts so I don't have a triple post shoot.

Speaking at British GQ Heroes, Naomie Harris said that she does not have any details on Bond 25 and that the cast will likely only receive their own part of the script to read, something that did not happen on previous films.

I bet this is why https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7012949/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Bond-25-script-endlessly-written.html
    No dialogue just a plot outline? Dose the sound good tbh.

"Not an issue." (It is.)
    "This is completely normal." (It isn't.)

It isn't unheard of either.

According to this, only Robert Downey Jr. got to see the full script during the production of Avengers: Endgame, which is a massive success. Members of the cast are only given scripts that are important to their storyline, which seems like what Naomie Harris is dealing with here. It wasn't an issue there, why is it now?
    This is normal practice in case of mega franchises with millions of obsessed fans around the globe who are addicted to leaks. Bond is different. Most Bond fans are casual fans, nothing more. There are very few of us, hardcore fans. Compare the size of Game of Thrones, or Marvel or Star Wars subreddits to the Bond subreddit.

@PanchitoPistoles You can't base a fanbase size on fan reddit alone alot of people are die hard Bond fans just because your a casual fan or what have you doesn't mean we are all like you not trying get personal or anything.
  • tqbtqb
    i hope baz is wrong
    Reading this I think the media might have overcooked her comments here is the full interview https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-naomie-harris-gq-interview
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 832
    My concern about this film has definitely increased. Want to remain optimistic, but it’s seeming like preproduction was very messy. Hoping for the best, as a lot is depending on this film in terms of my overall view of the Craig era and sanity given the years it’s been since there was a good bond film in theatres. Supporting my confidence are the best creative team and cast for a bond film in some time.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I bet this is why https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7012949/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Bond-25-script-endlessly-written.html

I would normally dismiss this kind of story, but it’s Baz. This is a bit concerning.
    It’s highly unusual for Baz to publish a story like this. It’s almost like he’s burning his bridges with EON.

Waller-Bridge is too talented of a writer and Fukanaga is too talented of a director. They’re not going to turn in anything less than stellar. Almost all the Bond movies have had to work on the scripts as they went along. There’s no point worrying about this.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited May 2019 Posts: 4,043
    I think people put too much stock in Baz, I know he seems like our conduit to information but let's face it he writes for the Daily Mail, can't say I put much trust in someone that would work for such a substitute for toilet paper.

I've got the feeling ever since Craig became Bond that the press really don't like him. He doesn't play their game and they had to begrudgingly go back on all their muck raking about him being wrong for the part, when the critics raved about his performance in CR.

Yes I am one of the optimistic ones probably too for some tastes but I feel this film is going in the right direction.

Look people soiled themselves over MI 6 and that script was written while the film was being made, this thing seems to happen more and more these days.

Unfortunately it allows the doom merchants and sceptics to say I told you so.

I'm sorry Baz is not God to me and from the flavour of his article he's not getting the access he'd like, in fact I think the press might well have been locked out of this because they have tendency to spoil things, don't they?

We live in a society that seems to like this, some here for instance would happily walk into the cinema next April practically knowing everything they are going to see.

Well that is their prerogative, although I'm old-fashioned and would like to enter the cinema with something to surprise me and would rather the like of the Daily Mail's so called scoopmeister some of you rest on every word of, to not give everything away.

Baz definitely isn't getting the stories he'd like so his alternative to slag the film off, wise move to burn your bridges Baz.
    Billy Magnussen is in the new Aladdin movie apparently. Some reviewers are saying he does a great comedy turn.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Garbage, I have lost faith in baz from now
    Also we did hear from Phoebe Waller-Bridge yesterday saying that the story is very exciting. Granted, she may be biased, but she didn't have to say that.
    As pointed out in a recent MI6 podcast, Baz is less credible than he used to be presumably because some of his sources are no longer working on the films. He works for a tabloid. That alone should say everything it needs to. Now do I believe there are probably onset rewrites? Sure. But I have faith in the strong writing team that we are going to get a polished product.
    TR007 wrote: »
    It’s highly unusual for Baz to publish a story like this. It’s almost like he’s burning his bridges with EON.

Waller-Bridge is too talented of a writer and Fukanaga is too talented of a director. They’re not going to turn in anything less than stellar. Almost all the Bond movies have had to work on the scripts as they went along. There’s no point worrying about this.

My thoughts exactly
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    edited May 2019 Posts: 611
    Absolutely correct. Daniel Craig has never played to the media. The tabloids have to therefore fill their own column inches with half truths, elaborate on genuine comments made by cast or crew or when that fails invent bullshit.
    Baz says it's a troubled production? What's new. Craig couldn't drive a manual car, had to wear a life jacket at press intro, he didn't like playing Bond, he'd rather slit his wrists than play Bond again, blah blah blah.
    In my opinion Bond 25 has had a slow, frustrating build up (4-5 years since Spectre and the Boyle saga has not being pleasant to watch for sure) but you know what Mr and Mrs Tabloid, there are a lot of talented people involved in a Bond film. They know what they are doing. Any audience member that cares about Bond, casual or hardcore, will judge the movie on one thing ultimately and that is what they see at the cinema next April.
    it's getting tiresome.
    Comment edited for content. Please be aware of this site's terms and conditions.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I think people put too much stock in Baz, I know he seems like our conduit to information but let's face it he writes for the Daily Mail, can't say I put much trust in someone that would work for such a substitute for toilet paper.

I've got the feeling ever since Craig became Bond that the press really don't like him. He doesn't play their game and they had to begrudgingly go back on all their muck raking about him being wrong for the part, when the critics raved about his performance in CR.

Yes I am one of the optimistic ones probably too for some tastes but I feel this film is going in the right direction.

Look people soiled themselves over MI 6 and that script was written while the film was being made, this thing seems to happen more and more these days.

I'm sorry Baz is not God to me and from the flavour of his article he's not getting the access he'd like, in fact I think the press might well have been locked out of this because they have tendency to spoil things, don't they?

We live in a society that seems to like this, some here for instance would happily walk into the cinema next April practically knowing everything they are going to see.

Well that is their prerogative, although I'm old-fashioned and would like to enter the cinema with something to surprise me and would rather the like of the Daily Mail's so called scoopmeister some of you rest on every word of, to not give everything away.

Baz definitely isn't getting the stories he'd like so his alternative to slag the film off, wise move to burn your bridges Baz.

Yes 100% in agreement

Yes 100% in agreement

And I know from some past experience, Baz has a hugely inflated ego. Almost all productions have re-writes of various degrees through out production, it is completely standard.

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Yes 100% in agreement

And I know from some past experience, Baz has a hugely inflated ego. Almost all productions have re-writes of various degrees through out production, it is completely standard.

I am not saying rewrite couldn't be bad but giving judgement like that before watching the final product is insane.
    Rogue One and Mission: Impossible Fallout had similar issues (if indeed Bond 25 is having these issues) and both were very successful movies, both critically and commercially. Don't remember the press having such a field day with Fallout.
    Rogue One and Mission: Impossible Fallout had similar issues (if indeed Bond 25 is having these issues) and both were very successful movies, both critically and commercially. Don't remember the press having such a field day with Fallout.

Partly because of McQuarrie and MI franchise's critical goodwill, and it wasn't really addressed until after production ended...plus this is Bond.
    In any case, it's certainly far better in Fukunaga and Waller Bridge's hands than P&W and Butterworth. Question is whether Fukunaga can pull it all together like McQuarrie did, I'm sure they're looking at what he did with those films as an example of a situation like this turning right.
    I realize that Baz is less credible now. Perhaps I overstated my concern. For the most part things are looking good with this film apart from the tabloid rumors.
    With Bond the press seem to pick up and twist any snippets of news that filters out.
    Plus any excuse to have a dig at Craig seems to be the latest fad.
    What a thankless bastard he turned out to be. Anyone who writes for the likes of these tabloids can't be trusted, not one bit. They sell their souls, they do. And turn their coats at an ease.
    Im honestly not worried in the slightest.