No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Denbigh wrote: »
    I think Ana de Armas has only just been cast very recently. If you look at the photos, hers is obviously a press photo photoshopped, where as everyone elses seem to be like they were actually taken for the reveal...

ana-de-armas-bond-25-1556196530.jpg

When she was interviewed, she noted she hadn't really prepared so I think you might be right. I'm glad she's been cast, because she was born to be a Bond girl.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    When I read the synopsis, I immediately thought on something like this with this music as a homage.

"Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. "

• edited April 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Amusing to see Lashana and Naomi trying to out do each other on the "I have Jamaican heritage" stakes.

As I've said already I do hope they manage to include some actual Jamaican bit parts to add some genuine local flavour. Dr No had some great little characters - local beauty queens and people spotted by the crew at the arrivals gate at the airport etc.

The one of the other fantastic elements in Dr No was Monty Norman's use of Byron Lee for the party band. That was a stroke of absolute genius and set a standard for integrating music so fundamentally into the Bond movie DNA. Hard to imagine them repeating that in quite the same way for B25 (Dancehall is hardly Bond's scene) but who knows. Maybe Bond finds himself at a Sean Paul gig...
    Ohh, very interesting.

FoxRox wrote: »
    Did this article seriously say Grace Jones is making a cameo?

However, I do wonder if there's some truth to the villain having to do with social media platforms. That would be very "current" to say the least, a Zuckerberg type especially with the scandals of Facebook selling out private information.

But that doesn't really sound like a threat for a Bond film, so there's gotta be more to it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Oh, I nearly forgot: the fact that Michael G Wilson said "I can't remember the last time we had a title when we announced the beginning of a film." 100% proves that he has to retire ASAP.

Oh, so now MGW has to retire or be fired as well? @PanchitoPistoles, I think you should be ashamed for wanting both MGW and BB out of the game so badly; especially since you're faulting them for meaningless things. Like dancing on Cubby's grave...
    TR007 wrote: »
    [url="

Boom! Got it. Here's Craig discussing on camera that this is his last. (Apologies for double posting)
    Bond 25 can be last Well done Daniel Craig you my Favourite 007
    On what might happen to Madeleine, I suppose she could get killed, but I predict she'll leave Bond after he jumps back in the game. Remember what she said in SP about how she can't go back to that life and she wouldn't ask Bond to change. And Bond is again the free-wheeling bachelor spy.

I'm with one or two who say they don't mind if Blofeld returns. I find him more threatening looking at least than Malek, and now he has the cool scar. I think Waltz' extra age adds to Blofeld's psychotic demeanor. I haven't seen any of Malek's films but I have my opinion on how I think a villain should look like. Or maybe they'll surprise us with a different villain beyond Malek.
    A villain with a dangerous new technology -- could be a GoldenEye satellite type of weapon. This is a good thing because we're back to a large-scale, immediate threat.
    I agree. That kind of threat has always appealed to me in most Bond films. Possibly in MR the most, though Lonsdale's Drax definitely had something to do with that for me.
    Wondering if Ana de Armas will be a brunette or a blonde in the movie.
    Providing the collars and cuffs match.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Judging by the way it’s written, I seriously doubt it. Daniel Craig miserable & difficult to work with??? I thought we’ve heard nothing but praise for him on the set of movies. Garbage article!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Really glad about the news and cast confirmation but why everyone seems so nervous in that interview?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Agent7F wrote: »
    [url="

Boom! Got it. Here's Craig discussing on camera that this is his last. (Apologies for double posting)

Again, the two words “I Think” give him wiggle room if he chooses to do another.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,160
    Some Danish media are (falsely) reporting that Dencik is playing some sort of villain.

I contacted some of them, and they contacted Dencik himself, who replied that
    he is playing a scientist.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Some Danish media are (falsely) reporting that Dencik is playing some sort of villain.

I contacted some of them, and they contacted Dencik himself, who replied that he is playing a scientist.

As we guessed, in other words! :-)

I do wonder if he'll portray "just a kidnapped scientist", or if there's more to his character than we think. After all, the press release says the mission is "far more treacherous than expected".

Edit: should we still use spoiler tags?
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,160
    With the new layout (or is it just my browser?) the spoiler-button is removed.

Regarding Dencik, he is such a great actor, that a generic one-sided character would be a waste.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Yes, heavy spoilers should be in spoiler tags. Speculation is fine.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Those interviews are fantastic. Thanks for posting, @marketto007!
    This might be nothing, but David Arnold is being interviewed by Simon Mayo on Scala Radio this morning at 11am...
    Barbara hasn't aged much between 2005 and 2019!

She hasn't aged at all!

Am I the only one thinking Lashana Lynch looks a bit average for a Bond girl? It's true her clothes were not very flattering. Overall, I think the Craig era has given us the best looking Bond girls of the last 40 years or so. Even in cameos (hotel receptionists, tennis girls, etc.) so maybe I'm being too nitpicking. And she looks fine on the promo picture.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,164
    More from Baz - apparently it's Lashana's character, not Ana's, that's Paloma (supposedly key to the story - and I guess there's a reason she's with Craig and Cary in the interviews) and Ana's is called Nomi (she 'helps through part of the journey')
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6961695/amp/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-never-Jane-Bond-says-Barbara-Broccoli.html
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Craig couldn’t be more wrong in saying “people are going to get sick of the sight of me.” The man looks like he could do 2 more instead of 1 more. It’s bittersweet this is it. He’s been an absolute legend as Bond.

+1
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    talos7 wrote: »
    Agent7F wrote: »
    [url="

Again, the two words “I Think” give him wiggle room if he chooses to do another.

Maybe it's two part movie, with this one ending on a cliffhanger :o

Lord Of The Spies: The Return Of 007
    antovolk wrote: »
    More from Baz - apparently it's Lashana's character, not Ana's, that's Paloma (supposedly key to the story - and I guess there's a reason she's with Craig and Cary in the interviews) and Ana's is called Nomi (she 'helps through part of the journey')
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6961695/amp/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-never-Jane-Bond-says-Barbara-Broccoli.html

Great character names.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    patb wrote: »
    @matt_u
    The key thing here is that it's FS that turns up (I'm surprised they gave that away). If it's connected with SP, then that was the scooby gang? Why would FS have anyting to do with SP?. Why not M turn up? One of the modern real world twists is the US security services hirng private contractors for their security dirty work. Perhaps FS hires Bond directly?

Boredom makes sense and I can see FS gently poking fun at Bond re his retirement in an attempt to get him back into action but it's not exactly dramatic. And it does not deal with Madeleine's character arc. Something has to motivate Bond that overides the motivation we saw in SP to throw away the gun (we knew that was a key moment). So it has to be a big motivation to work IMHO.

Who is fs stand for? @patb

Sorry, meant Felix L,
    Did this article seriously say Grace Jones is making a cameo?

However, I do wonder if there's some truth to the villain having to do with social media platforms. That would be very "current" to say the least, a Zuckerberg type especially with the scandals of Facebook selling out private information.

But that doesn't really sound like a threat for a Bond film, so there's gotta be more to it.
    Yes, could it be something similar to this "Face2Face" new technology that involves real-time capture and reenactment and allows you to take full control over someone else's facial movements to make a fake video? Sure, Michael Crichton did it first with Connery in Rising Sun (1993) but it could be used in a different way.

It makes sense that Grace Jones have a small cameo as they're filming in Jamaica. Let's not forget that Tsai Chin from YOLT made a cameo appearance in CR, and Maude Adams was in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in AVTAK. It'll be interesting to see whether Lazenby also has a sitting at the table moment with Michael G Wilson as well.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Sounds like bullshit BUT we don't need a silly article to find out that the script is not finished after all this months, delays and rewrites. Waller-Bridge is currently working on it, hopefully for the best!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 11,425
    antovolk wrote: »

Interesting interview. There seems to be some confusion around Ana's character's name. She herself said yesterday that she was going to be called Paloma. Either Baz has made a mistake or Ana has indeed only been brought on at the last minute and hasn't a clue what's going on!

This interview also seems to permanently scotch any lingering concerns that they were going to kill Bond off at the end of the movie. Glad to hear Babs is keeping the door open to Craig doing another as well - always foolish to shut these options down too categorically. Didn't Rog announce he was leaving after MR and stayed for three more. It's almost become a Bond tradition for the lead to do this tease routine over whether he'll come back for another.

Regarding cameos for Grace and George I think give it a miss. Grace Jones is so unmistakable that she'd stand out a mile in any scene and having George would be too much breaking the fourth wall for my liking - although since he's the one actor who got to do that in his solo outing, perhaps it's appropriate.