Timothy Dalton or Daniel Craig?

Comments

@thelivingroyale, I had the same points explained with a very nice selection of pictures from the films but I had to take them down. That being said, it was very easy to find the hot women, cars, suits, exciting scenes, ..., in the 2 Dalton films. Obviously.

About Craig fans twisting reality, I really don´t think that´s the case. It´s their reality, you see, so there´s no twisting, just the clash of two distinct realities. Yours and theirs. I, for one, am a Craig fan, and I think he is damn ugly (which makes him interesting as an actor), he is not-that-rarely very mechanical in his acting (which gives more contrast to when he isn´t), ..., and THAT is why I think he is a great Bond. Because even with these and other negative factores, you can´t deny the man sells his Bond very well on screen. And I love that. The guy who clearly isn´t James Bond IS James Bond, how´s THAT for an actor? That´s why I´m a big fan.

Dalton is a thespian, with superb presence, voice, mannerisms,..., and if the producers were doing CR, QOS and SF in, say, 1977, Dalton would have been great in them.

That being said, I´m a Dalton/Craig fan, no denying it. Although...no one can beat the Seanmaster.
    [I always feel, the thing to do after a heated debate is to offer peace, so we can go free of bad feelings into the next round ;)

Timothy-Dalton-timothy-dalton-13012674-570-722.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Is that chest hair I see ? since when does Dalton have chest hair ???
    Well - you are the fan ;) but as a guy maybe you never bothered to look.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    guy or not guy Connery's chest hair was very noticeable... but I just don't remember Dalton having any..... :-/
    While Timothy Dalton is more striking as Fleming's Bond, what gives Daniel Craig the edge is his confidence in the role. TD never seemed comfortable in the role to me. As Connery said, he underestimated the role.
    guy or not guy Connery's chest hair was very noticeable... but I just don't remember Dalton having any..... :-/

Was Dalton ever shirtless?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Univex wrote:

Was Dalton ever shirtless?

Yes. In LTK for sure when he is in Sanchez's mansion/estate for one.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Germanlady wrote:
    Well - you are the fan ;) but as a guy maybe you never bothered to look.

=D>

I'm happy to accept that Timmy D should be credited with all of TS3s box office takings because without it he is probably lagging behind George Lazenby as well.( In fact I would have a bet on it.)

After all we would have to declare that people went to see the Bonds because of the actors, which we know isn't true. They go to see James Bond, (apart from the late 80s when they seemed to lose interest for some reason....JOKING ;) )
    I
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    In real life Dalts is clearly a bit of a has-been loser. But on screen, he's the man.

He has a son with this girl...

oksana_grigorieva.jpg

So I wouldn't go that far.

That was years ago. Mel Gibson's been there since then and tried to kill her as well if I remember correctly.

It was a good reported scandel about two years ago. Mel Gibson was charged with battery and had to pay her about. 750 000 USD.
    I am fan of Dalton and prefer his Bond, but Craigh is very good too. Worst Bond for me is definitely Pierce Brosnan. I don't like him as actor at all and even as person. He just is not sympathetic to me.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    nonut wrote:
    I am fan of Dalton and prefer his Bond, but Craigh is very good too. Worst Bond for me is definitely Pierce Brosnan. I don't like him as actor at all and even as person. He just is not sympathetic to me.

That's cold, what's he done for you to not like him as a person? Unlike some of the Bonds, Brosnan comes across as a nice guy in real life.
    I don't claim that he is bad person or something like that. He is just not sympathetic to me. Seems a little arogant and brazen to me. That' s all. He is just not my cup of tea in general. Thorough I like GE a lot
    nonut wrote:

That's cold, what's he done for you to not like him as a person? Unlike some of the Bonds, Brosnan comes across as a nice guy in real life.

I agree on the assessment of his acting abilities and he was def the worst Bond, but to me he seems the most likeable of tall the actors in real life.
    Interesting. For me as person he is the least interesting and likeable. And I really dislike his portrayal of Bond.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Brosnan does come off as quite bitter sometimes - especially regarding Bond. His anger after he was let go is well documented BUT he can be quite funny and charming sometimes - as this interview demonstrates. As I said, I suspect he'd be a lot of fun to have as a drinking buddy.

Most people that have worked with him (as far as I know) have said positive things - none more so than Dame Judi

http://www.people.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2011/11/13/daniel-s-fantastic-but-i-do-miss-pierce-says-dame-judi-102039-23557714/

I know its easy to say "well she will say that" but I think she's being genuine. I got the impression in their scenes togeter they enjoyed eachothers company.

nonut wrote:
    Interesting. For me as person he is the least interesting and likeable. And I really dislike his portrayal of Bond.

The last bit I agree with you on. I couldn't stand him from the moment he made his first appearance in GE. The Brosnan years were even harder to endure than the gap after LTK.
    I just feel that Brosnan is too full of himself. And he was a little media whore during his Bond days. I don't hate him and I like some his movies, but he is not Bond for me and I like other bond actor much more.
    And I am very sorry for my terrible English. I am not native speaker and i still learning English :-)
    nonut wrote:
    And I am very sorry for my terrible English. I am not native speaker and i still learning English :-)

No need to apologise at all - I think your English is still better than some of us 'native' speakers!
    Getafix wrote:
    nonut wrote:

The last bit I agree with you on. I couldn't stand him from the moment he made his first appearance in GE. The Brosnan years were even harder to endure than the gap after LTK.

I could stand him in GE yet. But in his others bond movies...he was just awful.
    And I have never understand why he is so popular between women. Sure ,he is pretty boy, but I didn't find any charisma in him. Moreover I think that Connery, Dalton and even Craigh are more attractive men like Brosnan.
    nonut wrote:
    And I have never understand why he is so popular between women. Sure ,he is pretty boy, but I didn't find any charisma in him. Moreover I think that Connery, Dalton and even Craigh are more attractive men like Brosnan.

I'd disagree with you there. He's not the greatest actor but he is charismatic. That interview above for example always makes me chuckle.
    Tastes are so different.... Brosnan really do nothing for me. Maybe if he wouldn't so overrated as Bond and actor in general I wasn't so hard on him.

I agree on the assessment of his acting abilities and he was def the worst Bond, but to me he seems the most likeable of tall the actors in real life.[/quote]

I don't agree. I would say that Moore and Dalton are nicer and have a better personal qualities. I really appreciate Moore's charity work and i think he is such class act.

nonut wrote:
    I agree on the assessment of his acting abilities and he was def the worst Bond, but to me he seems the most likeable of tall the actors in real life.

I don't agree. I would say that Moore and Dalton are nicer and have a better personal qualities. I really appreciate Moore's charity work and i think he is such class act.

[/quote]

You could be right about Moore. He's very funny too.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I strongly disgree with much written negatively about Pierce and Dalton. And to say Dalton was a loser off screen - come on; that's harsh and I think hardly seems accurate.
    I strongly disgree with much written negatively about Pierce and Dalton. And to say Dalton was a loser off screen - come on; that's harsh and I think hardly seems accurate.

Not was- IS.
    I suspect of all the Bond actors Moore is probably the nicest. Brosnan's seems chummy but has that bitter streak.

You are right. I would never wrote that Brosnan is loser thorough i can't stand him. The guy was pretty succesfull and is still very good perceived between general public.