No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

My reaction if instead of a press conference they announce another delay next week:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=H6-IQAdFU3w

They've started production. The starter pistol has been fired. Craig is on route to the UK now.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Ignoring spectre in bond 25 to me is even more obvious than ignoring everything about qos in sf.

They'll at least reference it, I'd imagine. It may not be the core focus but I bet it will be there in some form. Also, that doesn't really work as a comparison as Camille didn't come back as a leading Bond girl in SF.
    I bet they'll have a presser down at Jamaica with all the relevant cast. Point being, they don't have to do it in the very beginning of it. Think of it as the Prague conference for CR, or the Rome photoshoot for SP, or the Austria shoot for QOS. They'll do it at some point. Good thing is, like the Col said, the starter pistol has been fired.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,130
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    As far a
    The School of Common Knowledge said Quantum would never be mentioned after the release of the hated 2008 film.
    I never stumbled over comments that suggest somebody *hated* QoS (quite the opposite to SP) - most disappointed just described it as a weaker entry (an opinion I never shared).
    That was my experience on another forum, @SeanCraig, outright unrestrained hatred. A vocal minority that demanded dislike for Quantum of Solace. It should be just understood that a viewer should not like it and others shouldn't watch it at all. A failure on all sides. Irrational, yes.

I saw similar emotion directed at On Her Majesty's Secret Service prior to, that's evaporated. And as you recognized, now applied to Spectre. I kind of expect that reaction for each new release.

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    The School of Common Knowledge said Quantum would never be mentioned after the release of the hated 2008 film.

And Mr. White especially would never return after negative comments Jesper Christensen made to the press about the franchise.

Now it's 2019.

@RichardTheBruce he then backtracked and said the opposite https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=8336
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Yes, The School of Common Knowledge.

US State Capitals:
    Oklahoma - Oklahoma City

Therefore...it logically follows:
    Kansas - Kansas City
    New York - New York City
    New Jersey - Jersey City
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Remember, we only learned about Mr White's return in SP, when Christensen announced, that he just had finished shooting his scenes.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    In my opinion, White should leave his last performance with Spectre. I’d find it kinda annoying if White become one of those characters that keep popping back up again
    Denbigh wrote: »
    In my opinion, White should leave his last performance with Spectre. I’d find it kinda annoying if White become one of those characters that keep popping back up again

It wouldn't have been annoying had he been properly used. But yes, I agree. His time has passed now, I think.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Well, I did not mean he should return, for me it was clear, he shot himself with Bond's gun.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Blofeld, on the other hand, could well return. They only re-acquired the rights to him and SPECTRE in 2014. They wouldn t go to the trouble, just to use it in one fim, as many of us have pointed out before.
    Blofeld, on the other hand, could well return. They only re-acquired the rights to him and SPECTRE in 2014. They wouldn t go to the trouble, just to use it in one fim, as many of us have pointed out before.

On the other hand, just having the rights in itself was probably worth the trouble.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Well, I did not mean he should return, for me it was clear, he shot himself with Bond's gun.
    Oh I know, I just don’t want him to return in any shape or form
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Only if it benefits the story, I don’t want a cameo for the sake of it. One of the major issues with Spectre is its heavy reliance on continuity and tying up loose ends. Don’t do this with Bond 25 please!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Production Designer, Inbal Weinberg recently began following Cary Fukunaga's 1st AD on Instagram, Jon Mallard (who is on the Bond 25 crew). Weinberg worked with Fukunaga before on Beasts of No Nation.

https://www.instagram.com/inbaldada/

Now that we know that the obvious Eon hire of Dennis Gassner is busy working with Sam Mendes on 1917, and that there is a chance that Mark Tildesley quit when Boyle left. Could this lead to Weinberg getting the job.

She was also the production designer on the gorgeous Suspiria remake.

741393076.jpg

suspiria-feature2.jpg

What are our predictions for this week?

I imagine the cast read through takes place early in the week with rehearsals shortly after. I anticipate a press conference in readiness for filming this Thursday am.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Production Designer, Inbal Weinberg recently began following Cary Fukunaga's 1st AD on Instagram, Jon Mallard (who is on the Bond 25 crew). Weinberg worked with Fukunaga before on Beasts of No Nation.

Now that we know that the obvious Eon hire of Dennis Gassner is busy working with Sam Mendes on 1917, and that there is a chance that Mark Tildesley quit when Boyle left. Could this lead to Weinberg getting the job.

She was also the production designer on the gorgeous Suspiria remake.

741393076.jpg

suspiria-feature2.jpg

What are our predictions for this week?

I imagine the cast read through takes place early in the week with rehearsals shortly after. I anticipate a press conference in readiness for filming this Thursday am.
    It would be amazing if they went with Weinberg, she did amazing work on Suspiria.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Weinberg's work on Suspiria looks excellent. Great news if true. We're definitely in for a different visual treat for B25.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Wasn't tildesley spotted on set though?

Not definitively. A few pages back, we spotted someone who looked like him, but it's the freezing cold of Norway and identifying people in winter clothing is tough. It could have been anyone.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Univex wrote: »
    I bet they'll have a presser down at Jamaica with all the relevant cast. Point being, they don't have to do it in the very beginning of it. Think of it as the Prague conference for CR, or the Rome photoshoot for SP, or the Austria shoot for QOS. They'll do it at some point. Good thing is, like the Col said, the starter pistol has been fired.

A press conference at Fleming's Golden Eye. That would be cool for Bond 25!

Not definitively. A few pages back, we spotted someone who looked like him, but it's the freezing cold of Norway and identifying people in winter clothing is tough. It could have been anyone.

If we spot someone with winter clothes in Jamaica, it is surely him. Also, if he got signed up for Bond, I doubt he would pass up on that unless the director wants someone else.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Also, if he got signed up for Bond, I doubt he would pass up on that unless the director wants someone else.
    It depends how dedicated he is to Boyle’s cause I guess.

Also, if he got signed up for Bond, I doubt he would pass up on that unless the director wants someone else.

Anyone who picks Boyle over Bond is of questionable sound mind, professionally.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Anyone who picks Boyle over Bond is of questionable sound mind, professionally.
    Amen :D
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2019 Posts: 6,004
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    Spending some time in a couple of locations would be nice.

And if our "confirmed" locations are indeed accurate -- snowy Norway, classic Italy, and tropical Jamaica -- well, hard to imagine a set list more Bond than that. :)

I agree, the locations are top. Though i am still a bit confused about Norway, especially if the rumors are true.
    If this is supposed to be Mr. Whites and Madelines hideout, and they both been hiding in Austria in a very similar enviornment, is this location supposed to represent Austria or will they use it as Norway? Which was never used in a Bond film before.

I think that's purely conjecture on fans' parts. There's absolutely no indication that's supposed to be Austria, or that it's supposed to be the same location they used in SPECTRE.

Actually, I'd say that being the "same" cabin is actually the least likely scenario. Mr. White's clearly there in Austria (in SPECTRE) because it's a secret location where he's trying to hide. Why would he be hiding somewhere he lived before?

I was about to say the same.
    I remember when SP was casting and they were looking for a Scandinavian actress (from Borgen) to play Swann. So Norway makes sense if it is a flashback about the Whites. I still remain amazed that we are seemingly getting more White backstory.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 45,489
    echo wrote: »

And if our "confirmed" locations are indeed accurate -- snowy Norway, classic Italy, and tropical Jamaica -- well, hard to imagine a set list more Bond than that. :)

I agree, the locations are top. Though i am still a bit confused about Norway, especially if the rumors are true.
    If this is supposed to be Mr. Whites and Madelines hideout, and they both been hiding in Austria in a very similar enviornment, is this location supposed to represent Austria or will they use it as Norway? Which was never used in a Bond film before.

I think that's purely conjecture on fans' parts. There's absolutely no indication that's supposed to be Austria, or that it's supposed to be the same location they used in SPECTRE.

Actually, I'd say that being the "same" cabin is actually the least likely scenario. Mr. White's clearly there in Austria (in SPECTRE) because it's a secret location where he's trying to hide. Why would he be hiding somewhere he lived before?

I remember when SP was casting and they were looking for a Scandinavian actress (from Borgen) to play Swann. So Norway makes sense if it is a flashback about the Whites. I still remain amazed that we are seemingly getting more White backstory.

Yes, they apparently wanted Madeleine Swann (clearly an alias) to be Nordic at first. Several Nordic actresses were tested, also from Norway.

Yes, they apparently wanted Madeleine Swann (clearly an alias) to be Nordic at first. Several Nordic actresses were tested, also from Norway.

Synnøve Macody Lund did a screen test in Copenhagen I think. Seem to remember a news report about that.

Synnøve Macody Lund did a screen test in Copenhagen I think. Seem to remember a news report about that.

Ingrid Bolsø Berdal was also considered. Don t know if she got a screen test. There were others, as well.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619

She would do a very good job, but I seriously doubt it's her because according to he instagram, she hasn't spent much time in London lately.

Ingrid Bolsø Berdal was also considered. Don t know if she got a screen test. There were others, as well.

Ywah, that's true. Don't know if Bolsø Berdal did a screen test either.