No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    In case anyone was doubting Jany Temine is OUT:

Bond 25: The Return of the Well-fitting Suit??

I so would've loved Scarlett Johansson to be in Bond 25!! Hopefully EON will get her for Bond 26! She has all the makings of an amazing bond girl!!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    what would be weird if Moneypenny's boyfriend in Spectre we never really see his face was Rami Malek's character
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,539
    An interesting piece of trivia from ajb:
    What about the gun?

1107007_1.jpg

Apparently it is a Czech VZ58 Compact, not very often used in movies, but previously seen in... SPECTRE:

600px-Spectre_15.jpg

And guess where too:

600px-Spectre_10.jpg

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/SA_Vz.58_assault_rifle#_Czech_Small_Arms_SA_vz._58_Compact
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    what would be weird if Moneypenny's boyfriend in Spectre we never really see his face was Rami Malek's character
    That would be pretty cool but this movie does feel like a sequel to Spectre. I’d rather Fukonaga got to do his own thing.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    What about the gun?

1107007_1.jpg

Apparently it is a Czech VZ58 Compact, not very often used in movies, but previously seen in... SPECTRE:

600px-Spectre_15.jpg

And guess where too:

600px-Spectre_10.jpg

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/SA_Vz.58_assault_rifle#_Czech_Small_Arms_SA_vz._58_Compact

Hmm
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756
    What about the gun?

1107007_1.jpg

600px-Spectre_15.jpg

And guess where too:

600px-Spectre_10.jpg

Interesting...
    He must be related to Blofeld somehow then. It's not just a coincidence. The signs point to the fact he's a Spectre agent in fact.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Well, they do have people, everywhere...

What about the gun?

1107007_1.jpg

600px-Spectre_15.jpg

And guess where too:

600px-Spectre_10.jpg

Interesting...
    He must be related to Blofeld somehow then. It's not just a coincidence. The signs point to the fact he's a Spectre agent in fact.
    Could be that they're just reusing weapons too…?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,295
    Double post.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Wow, you guys are really reaching? Moneypenny's boyfriend, reuse of guns??
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    SPECTRE agents can always be identified by their octopus enameled rings and their choice of weapons.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Wow, you guys are really reaching? Moneypenny's boyfriend, reuse of guns??

The boyfriend thing is silly, but the gun is interesting. I had thought about the gun he was carrying before but it was more about possibly putting a time/date on the Norway sequence based on the type of gun the assassin was carrying. Didn't see the trivial connection with the previous film til now, so well spotted @ggl007
    All this talk about insignificant details is giving me a major headache. I want BIG news!
    I'm here for the small but interesting details, trivia and speculation. These are the things that make a production thread worth reading!
    I get a good feeling we will get a press conference towards the end of the week?!!! Hopefully!!!!!! Lol!!!!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I get a good feeling we will get a press conference towards the end of the week?!!! Hopefully!!!!!! Lol!!!!

I HOPE SO.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Since Seydoux is back and seems plausible that this young blonde girl is playing a younger Madeleine I would be pretty surprised if SPECTRE wouldn’t come back in 25. After all her father was one of the most prominent members of the organization.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    SPECTRE agents can always be identified by their octopus enameled rings and their choice of weapons.

When every agent in your facility is using the same random weapon Czech weapon, I think it's a clue at least.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 727
    I wonder if Malek will be a man of culture. I wonder if they will emanate proper dinner etiquette while they have a war of sophisticated words about the world as they elegantly assess the fanciest drink and the best food.

I am afraid not, with an American director at the helm. I fear we shall be losing these traditions that make Bond a gem in the market. I fear Bond shall be another pack in the herd. I hope not, but as a certain masked villain once said, "hope is a mistake".
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    I can confirm with 100% certainty that Spectre will not play a major part in bond 25.

Source?

Common sense.

Just like people said Quantum wouldn't be even mentioned in B24 and Madeleine would never, ever show up in B25.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Since Seydoux is back and seems plausible that this young blonde girl is playing a younger Madeleine I would be pretty surprised if SPECTRE wouldn’t come back in 25. After all her father was one of the most prominent members of the organization.

+1
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,295
    I wonder if Malek will be a man of culture. I wonder if they will emanate proper dinner etiquette while they have a war of sophisticated words about the world as they elegantly assess the fanciest drink and the best food.

I'd love a TMWTGG like dinner scene.
    I am afraid not, with an American director at the helm. I fear we shall be losing these traditions that make Bond a gem in the market.

My only worry with an American director is the risk of potentially losing that "European touch" I feel the films have (most of them anyway).
    That's what I am saying. Look at all American made films, none of them have the layer of sophistication and class Bond films have. Prepare to lose that this time.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,048
    Why do you think that. It's still an Eon production.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,185
    That's what I am saying. Look at all American made films, none of them have the layer of sophistication and class Bond films have. Prepare to lose that this time.

I think that's totaly unfounded.
    Both Cary and Rami are very stylish guys who know one or two things about style and sophistication.
    1925621-cary-joji-fukunaga-realisateur-de-la-950x0-2.jpg

5ba3a74d1f000050002271f3.jpeg?ops=scalefit_630_noupscale

rami-malek-style-6.jpg

rami-malek-style-15.jpg
    And on top of that it's still an Eon production and it's one of the most important aspects of the Bond franchise which they would not allow to loose.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Hoping Rami puts on a few pounds and we get a decent fight with him and Craig.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    The same way CR had a definite start to Bonds 007 career, I hope B25 has a definitive end to it. Something that caps it all off.
    You clearly haven't seen Jane Eyre by Cary Fukunaga.
    Yes, Spielberg, completely failed with The Color Purple because he wasn’t black.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343

He clearly hasn't seen any of Fukunaga's works.

Yes, a sumptuous film...