No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Death Whispers
    Desolution
    Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

Ok, I'm done for now. ;)
    We need more news here. I don't have any suggestions for Bond girls, not really. Gal Gadot is perfect for sure, she is Wonder Woman; I don't see how/why she would be in a Bond film.
    Makes you appreciate what Eon has to go through to approve titles.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I don't why but I was getting quite fascinated with
    Once Upon A Spy

I love that title. It's Fleming meets Le Carre.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Andrea-Riseborough-in-Oblivion.jpg
    Andrea Riseborough please, Eon. She's an incredible actress.
  • RC7RC7
    I don't why but I was getting quite fascinated with
    Once Upon A Spy

I love that title. It's Fleming meets Le Carre.

It’s a cracking title.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    She looks pretty different nowadays...
    https://hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/andrea-riseborough-at-the-death-of-stalin-premiere-at-toronto-international-film-festival-09-08-2017_5.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,834
    https://hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/andrea-riseborough-at-the-death-of-stalin-premiere-at-toronto-international-film-festival-09-08-2017_5.jpg
    Doesn't make her a bad actress, and if she was cast, I doubt she'd look like that...
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Doesn't make her a bad actress, and if she was cast, I doubt she'd look like that :)

An actual recent picture of her (from a week ago, actually!)

wgcsnyklelj21.png

All she really needs to do is dye her hair and she’d look about the same.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Doesn't make her a bad actress, and if she was cast, I doubt she'd look like that :)
    An actual recent picture of her (from a week ago, actually!)
    Thank you @AgentJamesBond007, she's beautiful then and now! Either way I'm more taken with her acting. She's my favourite actress and people who have seen her peformance in Black Mirror will understand why :D
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Season 4 of Black Mirror was absolute crap, and her episode is arguably the worst of the lot, although that's not entirely her fault...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Season 4 of Black Mirror was absolute crap, and her episode is arguably the worst of the lot, although that's not entirely her fault...
    I really quite enjoyed it, but a fair opinion, you have to admit though her acting was pretty on point? :)

I think her and Sonoya Mizuno are my top picks for Bond girls.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I must agree Once Upon a Spy is a great title, seems a crime not to use it.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Beckinsale.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    I've really only seen her in that and that one Tom Cruise movie starring Olga Kurylenko, which was okay. Maybe she has better roles I haven't seen.

And I do think Sonoya Mizuno would be good.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I must agree Once Upon a Spy is a great title, seems a crime not to use it.
    Agreed. They will either have to use this or come up with a even better title.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    JET007 wrote: »
    Excellent article, @peter !

The great thing about today is that we are one day closer to the start of the production (whenever that may be).

And once we do get a title, everyone can start arguing about the song! ;-)

Thank you @JET007 !

re: titles: I find them hard in my own line of work, so to think of a Bond title...

I'm sure it's best, like most things James Bond, to go back to the source material. Perhaps glean something from the Chapter Titles, or amalgamations of chapters? Or a line or phrase from the novels?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited March 2019 Posts: 8,255
    peter wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »
    Excellent article, @peter !

The great thing about today is that we are one day closer to the start of the production (whenever that may be).

And once we do get a title, everyone can start arguing about the song! ;-)

Thank you @JET007 !

re: titles: I find them hard in my own line of work, so to think of a Bond title...

I'm sure it's best, like most things James Bond, to go back to the source material. Perhaps glean something from the Chapter Titles, or amalgamations of chapters? Or a line or phrase from the novels?

EDIT: As an aside, I've been thinking more and more about Norway and this is what I have been sending to a few posters, and now open it to the larger hive mind:

The last I read on Mi6, and correct me if I'm wrong: did they cast a young girl with an Iranian last name? Someone had written they had seen the name on one of the documents that was released. I think @jake24 repeated that? (but I have been in and out the past three or four days, so may have missed clarification).

And that further makes me suspicious about Maddy: how big is her role coz, do you think (PURE SPECULATION on my part), that Variety gave something away in their article with this:

"The two female leads seem to be the most open-ended as of now. Further chemistry reads with Craig are still being scheduled, since these two characters will spend the most amount of time with him on screen."

Lea's been cast, but these two will spend the most amount of time with Craig?.... can we just assume now that Maddy is a goner (in one form or another)?

Will she die? Or will she only be at the beginning and the end of the film?

It doesn't sound as if she's the primary Bond girl.

And if she's not the primary, why waste a flashback on her?

If reports are true that an actress with an Iranian last name has been cast, is this Malek's daughter who was hunted and killed (or fell into an icy lake)? Or was it his sister, if this is indeed a flashback? Was it his sister that a young Mr. White gunned down?

And so Malek returns the favour 25 years later?

I don't know, but that Variety article gave me pause-- I suppose the young girl could be a young maddy. But if she isn't?... Who is she?

I'm fucking happy as hell that CF played a large role in sculpting this script.

And, yes, something with the CIA... That guy they want to play the agent has a creepy, next door neighbor/hidden psycho feel about him.
    Yes to all of that, @peter, my friend. I'm also really happy that CF had a hand in the script. That's the best news of them all.

BTW, not a single email, old boy. Feeling left out ;)
    Asked around how you've been. Hope everything's ok.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Yes, the girl they casted has an Iranian last name, which has made me much less confident about the Madeleine-flashback theory.

I never once thought that Madeleine woukd be the main Bond girl in this film. I still think she'll play an important part in the story though.
    What about that casting call that mentioned some resemblance to Lea Seydoux?
    I am getting so excited for bond 25.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Univex wrote: »
    Yes to all of that, @peter, my friend. I'm also really happy that CF had a hand in the script. That's the best news of them all.

BTW, not a single email, old boy. Feeling left out ;)
    Asked around how you've been. Hope everything's ok.

@Univex -- I have been very "off" with my usual routine! I have been on a few little projects (the latest dealing with Marilyn Monroe!!); for that I apologize, since I have focused on work, and fire off an email in reply to something.

I am not being a "Dink"...!!! Lol... You know I love to hear from you-- never hesitate to email me, please!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 613
    ONCE UPON A SPY sounds like ONCE UPON A CRIME, which was an unwatchable John Candy/Cybill Shepherd comedy. I find it annoyingly twee. There are so many better titles they could use.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I never once thought that Madeleine woukd be the main Bond girl in this film. I still think she'll play an important

@jake24 I think you're onto something. Obviously now Maddy won't have much screen time with Bond, but as you and @ColonelSun have been saying, she will play an important role.

I have to agree.

The question is: what is her impact on this story (I think it may be the Inciting Incident)?...
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

She has multiple film projects either currently or will soon be in production, it looks like. So it could be a non-Bond film.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I never once thought that Madeleine woukd be the main Bond girl in this film.
    It would be hugely disappointing if Madeleine weren't the main girl. I still believe she is THE key figure of Bond 25.

She has multiple film projects either currently or will soon be in production, it looks like. So it could be a non-Bond film.

Oh, I see. Thanks. Well, still, it could be about Bond, and the girl could have an Iranian name and still look like Seydoux.
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    ONCE UPON A SPY sounds like ONCE UPON A CRIME, which was an unwatchable John Candy/Cybill Shepherd comedy. I find it annoyingly twee. There are so many better titles they could use.

Agreed.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited March 2019 Posts: 8,255
    It would be hugely disappointing if Madeleine weren't the main girl. I still believe she is THE key figure of Bond 25.

I'm guessing she is not the main/primary Bond girl. But she will have the most IMPACT on the story.

@AgentJamesBond007 -- She has multiple film projects either currently or will soon be in production, it looks like.

Yes, sir-- with what you surmise, and the Variety Report, COULD THIS casting call (not saying it is at the moment), be for another Lea film?

(Personal note: I found the casting sheet very amateur, and it looked cheap and photo-shopped? As I asked a few others: was it a phoney)...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    peter wrote: »

I'm guessing she is not the main/primary Bond girl. But she will have the most IMPACT on the story.
    I concur with this. Could be interesting provided she's written better than in SP.