No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    jake24 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    I never once thought that Madeleine woukd be the main Bond girl in this film.
    It would be hugely disappointing if Madeleine weren't the main girl. I still believe she is THE key figure of Bond 25.

I'm guessing she is not the main/primary Bond girl. But she will have the most IMPACT on the story.
    I concur with this. Could be interesting provided she's written better than in SP.

@jake24 -- I hate being negative about any script since it ain't an easy job (if it was, each of us with "an idea" would be killing it long ago...

But I feel Lea, no matter what her screen time, will be better served-- immensely served-- in CF's film than Mendes' Sp...
    It would be hugely disappointing if Madeleine weren't the main girl. I still believe she is THE key figure of Bond 25.

You just enjoy being disappointed
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I'm guessing she is not the main/primary Bond girl. But she will have the most IMPACT on the story.
    I concur with this. Could be interesting provided she's written better than in SP.

@jake24 -- I hate being negative about any script since it ain't an easy job (if it was, each of us with "an idea" would be killing it long ago...

But I feel Lea, no matter what her screen time, will be better served-- immensely served-- in CF's film than Mendes' Sp...
    Spectre was such a waste of a brilliantly talented actress, and the fact that her character is so disliked by fans is such a shame because it can really affect people's opinions of the actor/actress themselves.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I think Lea did a great job in SP considering how much underwritten her character was- Clinic scene/ L'american/ Morocco Train are great examples of it.

And about the titles ONCE UPON A SPY isn't incredible but the best one I heard so far and another is
    SOME KIND OF HERO.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    One I like is For all of our Sins
    Can’t say I’m fond of many of the titles that have been suggested here...
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

Chances are, no matter the title, the initial reaction here will be negative; then it will grow on people.

talos7 wrote: »

Chances are, no matter the title, the initial reaction here will be negative; then it will grow on people.

My initial reactions to the last 6 titles were positive...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Interestingly, I have never had a problem with any of the titles.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 7,976

My initial reactions to the last 6 titles were positive...

Well, I’m not specifically citing you. It’s just the nature of the beast of an involved fan base. Many here, including myself, have preferences and our own ideas, more often than not the initial reaction to many elements is met with a negative reaction until it can be digested.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I think Lea did a great job in SP considering how much underwritten her character was- clinic scene/ L'american/ Morocco Train are great examples of it.
    The scene at L'Americain is one of my favourites. I particularly enjoy the shot when Madeleine draws the canopy, and "fires the gun". So good, and what it meant for the character that she was drawing a literal and metaphorical line between herself and Bond was so excellent and really drew me to her character, among other things.

Unfortunately I think her character takes too harsh a U-Turn after she wakes up, and becomes almost a different character and your typical 2-Dimensional Bond girl. If they had spent a little more time developing this part of her character, Swann could've been great. They also needed to drop the "love" angle - so convoluted.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think Lea did a great job in SP considering how much underwritten her character was- clinic scene/ L'american/ Morocco Train are great examples of it.
    The scene at L'Americain is one of my favourites. I particularly enjoy the shot when Madeleine draws the canopy, and "fires the gun". So good, and what it meant for the character that she was drawing a literal and metaphorical line between herself and Bond was so excellent and really drew me to her character, among other things.

Unfortunately I think her character takes too harsh a U-Turn after she wakes up, and becomes almost a different character and your typical 2-Dimensional Bond girl. If they had spent a little more time developing this part of her character, Swann could've been great. They also needed to drop the "love" angle - so convoluted.

They ruined her character after she said I love you in the crater and in the London scene when she left bond .. ugh
    TripAces wrote: »

Likewise.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756
    I mean the title heavily depends on the story. The title should be original, but still Fleming-esque. That's why it's impossible to predict. I don't want them to just shoehorn in a title just for the lulz. They're going to title the movie appropriately.
    TR007 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

Likewise.

The problem really occurs when talking about non- Fleming titles.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    If we look at the origninal titles we have:
    Goldeneye
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    The World is not enough
    Die another day
    Skyfall
    Spectre

Now when we dissect these what one notices is that 3 of them relate to books in someway, and the other three are actually original. I personally can’t think of a way of Eon connecting B25’s name to Fleming cannon besides shatterhand. I can’t seem to recollect a chapter title or other character with a distinctive enough title for a film. Now if B25 goes down the original- original route then we would likely see die/ live in the title and some surrounding nonsense.

Ofcoarse they could always go with the last two “usable” titles: property of a lady and Risico.

In my mind they won’t choose the former just because it doesn’t sound bond enough- it sounds like a kitchen sink drama and They will be fearful of it hurting the box office. Risico I can see somewhat more likely I guess.
    If the working title is Shatterhand (don’t know if this is true or just a rumour) then I won’t be surprised if the real title turns out to be Shatterhand. Reverse psychology - making everyone think that it will be something different. :)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Today is Craig's 51st birthday!

@peter Fair points about Madeleine. I also believe she won't be the Bond girl with the most screen time in the movie, but if she returns her part must be really important to the story, or at least to Bond's motivations. Back in 2014 when they wrote SP screenplay in P&W minds Madeleine was kind of doomed for a Tracy situation (the cut "all the time in the world" final line) so maybe since they've returned Madeleine will finally face this kind of destiny? Would be the most obvious choice, but it's still a solid possibility.
    I was watching SP last night one thing I couldn't understand when bond says "out of bullets" on the bridge in the end scene, why even pretend to shoot someone when you know you are out of bullets?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Risico007 wrote: »

You just enjoy being disappointed
    Can you please leave me alone? Thank you!
    I was watching SP last night one thing I couldn't understand when bond says "out of bullets" on the bridge in the end scene, why even pretend to shoot someone when you know you are out of bullets?

I believe, if memory recalls, it's his way of saying, "I'm not going to kill you", and not that he's literally out of bullets, but he is out of bullets in terms of his desire to shoot and kill, hence he throws the gun away and walks back to Madeleine.
    Andrea-Riseborough-in-Oblivion.jpg
    Andrea Riseborough please, Eon. She's an incredible actress.
    She looks pretty different nowadays...
    https://hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/andrea-riseborough-at-the-death-of-stalin-premiere-at-toronto-international-film-festival-09-08-2017_5.jpg
    Doesn't make her a bad actress, and if she was cast, I doubt she'd look like that :)

An actual recent picture of her (from a week ago, actually!)

wgcsnyklelj21.png

All she really needs to do is dye her hair and she’d look about the same.
    She looks a bit fragile in the physical sense on recent fotos, I´m scared she might break just by Looking at her.

Sure you watched the movie?

Bond has bullets, but then decides to eject his gun's clip. After that he says, ironically, out of bullets.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I believe, if memory recalls, it's his way of saying, "I'm not going to kill you", and not that he's literally out of bullets, but he is out of bullets in terms of his desire to shoot and kill, hence he throws the gun away and walks back to Madeleine.

Oh thank you for clarifying that.
    matt_u wrote: »

Sure you watched the movie?

Bond has bullets, but then decides to eject his gun's clip. After that he says, ironically, out of bullets.

I have actually that's why I was confused about it but not anymore.
    I hope you getting on with it.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Well, actually when he says this to Blofeld he's also literally out of bullets, since he also unload his PPK when he decides not to kill him.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,929
    If you watch closely, he fires all seven PPK bullets, therefore is definitely out of bullets before ejecting in front of Blofeld. But, to answer the original question, he is hardly going to let Blofeld know he's out of bullets before detaining him!
    QBranch wrote: »
    If you watch closely, he fires all seven PPK bullets, therefore is definitely out of bullets before ejecting in front of Blofeld. But, to answer the original question, he is hardly going to let Blofeld know he's out of bullets before detaining him!

Actually if you watch closely he still have one bullet when he eject his gun's clip...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    matt_u wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Actually if you watch closely he still have one bullet when he eject his gun's clip...
    One still in the chamber.

Spectre was such a waste of a brilliantly talented actress, and the fact that her character is so disliked by fans is such a shame because it can really affect people's opinions of the actor/actress themselves.

She must have been more popular in the general public @Denbigh, if she is coming back.