No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Lupito would have been more than fine. But probably scheduling conflicts as others have menioned. So moving on the next possible ladies ...
    No scoop from Baz tonight it looks like. On the bright side this past week has been the most exciting yet leading up to the film. Hopefully it only gets better from here.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,936
    I like: Denouement ...
    Dienouement.

1404.1.jpg
    (Fleming twists are hard.)
    Cool. It's Dikko Henderson's assassin's knife.

James Bond in... DOUBLE EDGE
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Bond needs to eat marmite in the next film.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Are there dates of release confirmed for other countries? I need to know about Japan. Which is always dead last. A month later than Korea (right next door), usually, for pity's sake. :(

I feel bad for you that must be painful @4EverBonded
    Deadline Update: Lupita Nyong’o will not appear in Bond 25

Best Bond 25 news in a very long time! I have disliked her for a long time, in fact there is only one actress I dislike more (Alicia Vikander). Hopefully they will now find someone for the role who can actually act.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Bond needs to eat marmite in the next film.

"That time you went to spread it on your toast and found Vegemite instead? Me, James... the author of all your grain!"
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Best Bond 25 news in a very long time! I have disliked her for a long time, in fact there is only one actress I dislike more (Alicia Vikander). Hopefully they will now find someone for the role who can actually act.

I find her to be quite a competent actor, I don’t know what you are watching.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    No scoop from Baz tonight it looks like. On the bright side this past week has been the most exciting yet leading up to the film. Hopefully it only gets better from here.

A title reveal would be nice
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I have a suspicion it will be one of the unused Fleming titles. They seem to have difficulty coming up with new ones. And if it’s a Fleming one then the title reveal isn’t that exciting in my opinion

I have a suspicion it will be one of the unused Fleming titles. They seem to have difficulty coming up with new ones. And if it’s a Fleming one then the title reveal isn’t that exciting in my opinion

I'm just sick it called Bond 25 I want a name

All the remaining Fleming titles are mediocre at best. I refuse to believe Fukunaga cannot come up with a great original title.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Risico. The cover name of Malek's company.
    I don't get how people don't think "Property of a Lady" isn't a great Bond title. If it had been the title of Dalton's 3rd film as rumored, nobody would have bat an eye. I think if a future film has a female villain it would be the perfect title but I certainly think it will be used one day at least.
    Now that Bond has quit the service to be with Madeline one could argue that he is now the ‘Property of a Lady’.
    The issue with POAL as a title is it's too elegant and nice. It has no urgency, danger, and little mystery.
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    I don't get how people don't think "Property of a Lady" isn't a great Bond title. If it had been the title of Dalton's 3rd film as rumored, nobody would have bat an eye. I think if a future film has a female villain it would be the perfect title but I certainly think it will be used one day at least.
    The expectation now is that it will have “kill” or “die” in it.
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    The expectation now is that it will have “kill” or “die” in it.
    They should always go back to such titles.
    “kill” or “die”
    There's a good simple one right there.
    They should use “everything or nothing”. Some will accuse eon of being unimaginative, but I think it would be a great bond title.
    They should use “everything or nothing”. Some will accuse eon of being unimaginative, but I think it would be a great bond title.

Sure, why not. It's a decent enough title.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Sure, why not. It's a decent enough title.

Until people think it's based on the video game.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Pushee wrote: »
    RESPECTRE.
    The spectre-acular sequel to SPECTRE. This time it's personal.

Sources say that the title is a clever reference to not only the previous 007 extravaganza, but also to Rami Malik's character - a South London 'Gangsta', and his unquenchable thirst for R-E-S-P-E-C-T. "Are you dissin' me, bruv? You show some respectre, ai?".

Apparently, in anticipation of the film's reception, they are filming back-to-back with Bond 26, whose title I can also exclusively reveal today:

DISRESPECTRE

Plus, In 2022, acclaimed British director, Christopher Nolan, will take up the Bond franchise, making Bond 27 a reboot set in 1960s:

RETROSPECTRE

Exciting.
    I like the first one quite a lot :-)).

WHY is Daniel doing a stage reading in New York of all places just WEEKS before filming of Bond 25 begins? If I were the great Cary J Fukunaga I would tell him: “You either abandon this silly idea of doing non Bond work just WEEKS before we begin filming and you commit 100% to preparing for the role or you will have to find a new director. No ifs, ands or buts!”
    See? That´s why you will never get even half a toe into the Business and instead will Keep on whining and Fitting for the rest of your life.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

Damn. You've actually made me disappointed that she didn't get the role.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

I’d love if they used Everything or Nothing. And it’s no less imaginative than naming the movie about Spectre, Spectre.

I’d love if they used Everything or Nothing. And it’s no less imaginative than naming the movie about Spectre, Spectre.

I also happen to like spectre as a title. Too bad how the film turned out.

I do like POAL as a title, but I fear it sounds too tame, and too much like a period drama for wider international audiences, for it ever to be used now. I do recall, as we were wrapping up LTK post, there was a list of potential titles being discussed in the production office, and (as the editing team) we were asked our opinions, and at the time, "Shaken Not Stirred" (which I didn't personally like) was being mooted for Dalton's potential 3rd film, but I never heard POAL mentioned.
    I think it’s a shame that Lupita passed on this. I suspect the whole ‘Bond girl’ baggage didn’t help. I guess her team adviced her against it. The same team that said she should play a CGI character that’s been mostly forgotten in the Star Wars films. She also hardly registered in Black Panther.

However, off the strength of her dramatic work, she’s have been an inspired choice.

Who can replace her? Do Eon still want a black actress? Maybe Ruth Negga or Zoe Saldana?

Personally, if this the “bad girl” role. Then give it to Gal Gadot. This is Lupita’s loss.

I think it’s a shame that Lupita passed on this. I suspect the whole ‘Bond girl’ baggage didn’t help. I guess her team adviced her against it. The same team that said she should play a CGI character that’s been mostly forgotten in the Star Wars films. She also hardly registered in Black Panther.

However, off the strength of her dramatic work, she’s have been an inspired choice.

Who can replace her? Do Eon still want a black actress? Maybe Ruth Negga or Zoe Saldana?

Personally, if this the “bad girl” role. Then give it to Gal Gadot. This is Lupita’s loss.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,444
    Thrilled To Death. There be so thrilled to delay the movie.

MV5BMzA0MTMwOTEtYjVlYS00OWY3LTg3ZTQtMjg5YjllN2I4NGNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzU0NzkwMDg@._V1_.jpg

Sorry Mr Bond but the title already be used for a 1988 movie.
    :)) Nice one, Balje!