No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Let’s just move on, again it’s actually quite funny to see these people report on the (w/t) of Shatterhand, seeing as it’s been there for ages. God, reporters have gotten even lazier.

Plus, I really don’t want it to be the title.
    Does anyone know where the 'blind villain' rumour has come from ?

Stealing a bit from the Eiger Sanction there maybe.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    barryt007 wrote: »

What blind villain rumour?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Getafix wrote: »
    The casting department needs to liven things up a bit. The casting in CR was without doubt the best of the entire Craig era. Green, Mikkelson, Wright and Gianninni were all brilliant. And the other minor roles were also really nicely cast. It had the feel of early Bond in terms of the casting.

We need more of that less well known casting.

The more recent casting has left me bored.

Bang on the money @Getafix
    The relative unknown actor in the early Bond films are part of the appeal to me of the earlier films in the series. Since Halle Berry appeared in (and overshadowed) DAD, the bigger named stars in Bond films have rarely delivered. Save Javier Bardem.
    I always find myself taken out of the movie somewhat due to the actor's appearance. Waltz is a very good and talented actor, and given better material to work with it wouldn't bother me too much. But I find myself distracted by the named star who seems to be saying 'look it's me in a Bond film.'
    I think Lupita Nyong'o is a very talented actress with a lot of appeal. Given the right character and material too work with, I wouldn't be adverse to her appearing. If it's just for the sake of landing an Oscar winner, then I'm not bothered at all.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Someone picked a random "interesting" premise from a continuation Bond novel two years ago and distributed it in a fake article worldwide. Fans have been speculating that the film after Spectre would be called Shatterhand due to the Blofeld pinnacle and the way some think/thought the chronology would go. That article said producers were going to adapt Benson's novel Never Dream of Dying, and Benson himself denied ever having a conversation with the Eon Productions reps.

So, no. That article didn't do any research and thinks the title Shatterhand originated from there. This is the downside of the internet. Anybody can sell any story to anybody online and a lot of people not in the know (most of those not caring to find out themselves) would believe it. Today's journalism is pure speculation without any proper research even it's embarrassing.

Shatterhand may be the working title in that production data site. But, it's far from confirming that it definitely is the title of the next film. It could be. Not saying it couldn't. It's just that the sources in that article are nonexistent and are lifted from fan speculations from the Bond lore community circles. Nothing more. The Benson novel claim, however, is pure balderdash anyone with half a brain would smell a million miles away from.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @Pierce2Daniel and @peter please give it a rest with trying to outsmart each other.
    There's no overall winner at the end of production. No one tallies up each 'news' story members post, to confirm the greatest news contributor to Bond 25.
    @PanchitoPistoles is currently serving a week long suspension for not listening when repeatedly asked to stop with his behaviour.
    You're both well regarded news breakers. Please stop with the back and forth arguing.
    Thanks.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Someone picked a random "interesting" premise from a continuation Bond novel two years ago and distributed it in a fake article worldwide. Fans have been speculating that the film after Spectre would be called Shatterhand due to the Blofeld pinnacle and the way some think/thought the chronology would go. That article said producers were going to adapt Benson's novel Never Dream of Dying, and Benson himself denied ever having a conversation with the Eon Productions reps.

So, no. That article didn't do any research and thinks the title Shatterhand originated from there. This is the downside of the internet. Anybody can sell any story to anybody online and a lot of people not in the know (most of those not caring to find out themselves) would believe it. Today's journalism is pure speculation without any proper research even it's embarrassing.

Shatterhand may be the working title in that production data site. But, it's far from confirming that it definitely is the title of the next film. It could be. Not saying it couldn't. It's just that the sources in that article are nonexistent and are lifted from fan speculations from the Bond lore community circles. Nothing more. The Benson novel claim, however, is pure balderdash anyone with half a brain would smell a million miles away from.
    Finally someone says it, thank you @ClarkDevlin :)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,185

giphy.webp
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Also, do you guys remember the loads of articles from 2011 saying B23 was going to be an adaptation of Carte Blanche? And then, articles making a claim that Devil May Care was going to be the title of the 24th film in the franchise? ;)
    00Agent wrote: »
    giphy.webp
    Quite!!!!
    Denbigh wrote: »

Finally someone says it, thank you @ClarkDevlin :)
    My pleasure, my friend. I couldn't resist. Someone had to put things together. ;)

In the Telegraph article I posted above.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Oh that’s based off Never Dream of Dying, the leader of the Union is blind.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Getafix wrote: »
    The casting department needs to liven things up a bit. The casting in CR was without doubt the best of the entire Craig era. Green, Mikkelson, Wright and Gianninni were all brilliant. And the other minor roles were also really nicely cast. It had the feel of early Bond in terms of the casting.

We need more of that less well known casting.

The more recent casting has left me bored.

This! Brilliant post totally agree. Almost if not every person in that film is perfectly cast.

I would love to see another Sévérine from Skyfall style casting personally. Bérénice Marlohe a beautiful talented actress who was perfect age for Craig's Bond at that point and they had a great chemistry. She was a highlight of Skyfall for me

With that being said I'm hopeful that Lupita Nyong'o will be great in the film, if she was cast. I'm not familiar with a lot of her work but she was great in Black Panther. Also the fact that Burns is halfway through is promising.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,254
    Benny wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel and @peter please give it a rest with trying to outsmart each other.
    There's no overall winner at the end of production. No one tallies up each 'news' story members post, to confirm the greatest news contributor to Bond 25.
    @PanchitoPistoles is currently serving a week long suspension for not listening when repeatedly asked to stop with his behaviour.
    You're both well regarded news breakers. Please stop with the back and forth arguing.
    Thanks.

Thanks @Benny

I just wanted to make clear I'm not trying to outsmart anyone. I have purposely kept a low-profile so I wasn't p****ng on anyone's parade. If I had any info I was allowed to share, I'd do so. And more recently in PMs or EMs. I've made a great effort to do that.

But I think the record speaks for itself that someone has gone out of his way to send me troubling PMs, has continued to, unprovoked, come on these threads to accuse me of quite a bit of nonsense. And I stress, unprovoked (even this individual today says I have "gone quiet"; I went quiet to allow this person his victory lap and that's why I decided to communicate with posters in a different way, lol!).

Unfortunately for me this person is projecting, keeping watch of what and when I post, and it's all a little unsettling.

As I have said time and again: I am no insider. I know three people connected to EoN, or this production specifically, one being a friend of Gregg's. News comes in, I report it if someone gives me a nod. That's it. And news is constantly changing. I will report on the changes when I hear about them, or read them from a reliable source. That's it. Or, I just have my own point of view.

It's not a good feeling to have a ban over my head, but, if people-- like the one I seem to have to be constantly dealing with-- continues to come at me, I will present myself accordingly. But, the record will also show, I have repeatedly asked this individual to go on about his merry ways, and leave me out of it.

There's no intention on my part to outsmart anyone. Or to get banned. But please, do as you see fit. I won't argue with what you must do to me.

Best,

Peter Sheldrick
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Or that he is not in the film.

Sounds reasonable. Like it.

Oh that’s based off Never Dream of Dying, the leader of the Union is blind.

Aaah I haven't read that,thanks for the heads up !
    With all those 'news reports' (good lord, there's been more articles on the supposed title than Lupita) and not to mention the mockery by the film press I'd say chances of SHATTERHAND actually being used have shot right down.

I'm sure EON are gauging the reactions to this to make their decision.

On a side note I guess this goes to show the state (particularly economic) of film news reporting, because of course we've known that Production Weekly had this for so long and so did other people but then they wisely chose not to report it..until that ComicBook.com site did and everyone felt they absolutely had to.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    They killed off Giancarlo Giannini way too easily in QoS, he was perfect Bond's partner. Him as Mathis and Jeffrey Wright as Felix were dream duo.
    if I am the reason that anyone is holding back info I apologize and would hope that people will say info I would be appreciative of it.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    edited February 2019 Posts: 754
    I agree with others, I’m bored with Oscar, A-listers being courted and casted. Lupita is attractive but wholesome and I don’t think she would remotely make a good henchwoman...

Instead of just casting a name, can they write an interesting character and try and find someone appropriate to play them and make sure the person has chemistry with Craig and do some readings or screen tests.

And more Moneypenny, more bad news. I hope it’s all bogus or falls through.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I’ll judge whether she’s good for the part when I see the film, if she’s cast, although I do think she’s a good actress. Plus it’s always nice to see more representation in such films as James Bond.
    I would also hope the caliber of this discussion is not truly at a point where well-regarded posters are knowingly withholding relevant info due to the temperature in the room. That's only a loss for us all.

• NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Remington wrote: »
    Lupita.jpg

A wonderful actress, and absolutely stunning. I just hope she is cast :)
    I’m sorry but I find her absolutely unattractive. Not Bond girl material in the least. Unless they’re going for some kind of a bizarre vibe a la Grace Jones.
    I'm not too impressed either.
    Make that three.

She was alright in the things I've seen her in. Nothing groundbreaking.

Make that four!

For the first time, Moneypenny will look hotter than the leading lady!
    Unless Lupita is set to play Moneypenny's younger sister, Bitcoinpenny.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Sets are being built in Norway.

More info/photos: https://www.jamesbondbrasil.com/2019/02/set-de-bond-25-noruega/

• NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

Back in the 2000s on CBn and in this very forum, we were ALL were saying this. Now this kind of news leave us "shaken and stirred" doubting if this is true or not until that Bond fan using common sense appears to enlighten us all. Thank you @ClarkDevlin! You are the man!

On the other hand, nobody knows the truth, but it'd be an unwise gamble for EON to actually call the movie Shatterhand and making a step-by-step copy of YOLT the novel. If that was their idea, it'd be so predictable that it would really lack punch. Although, judging by the locations, if we have that it'll be reworked.

And I think it'd be silly to kill off Madeleine, OHMSS style. Who wants to see things all over again, particularly in an era that began with Bond losing someone he loved? Don't forget they changed interesting bits of SPECTRE just for the leaks (poker match between Bond and Blofeld, etc), so I guess if that they are reading something of this and know we are all expecting Madeleine to be killed off and Blofeld on a Japanese castle and Bond depressed and the title rumoured as Shatterhand, they'll have to cut and deal again.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Screen test: Melbourne model Ajak Deng auditioned for Bond girl role
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/screen-test-melbourne-model-ajak-deng-auditioned-for-bond-girl-role/news-story/c3710751cacbe164818a7be5b48e4bec

MELBOURNE model Ajak Deng has had a Bond girl moment, revealing she went for a role in the yet-to-be-released new James Bond film.

The statuesque beauty, who made a whistlestop visit back to Australia from her New York base last week, revealed she tested for a role in the yet to be released new James Bond film.

“I am studying acting and have gone to castings for some amazing roles,” she said.

“I tested for one of the Bond girls for the new James Bond movie, but ... they told me I was too pretty for the role. It was so good just to have that experience.

Interesting that they're eyeing Lupita Nyong'o.

If Ajak Deng's comments from November 2017 are to be believed, they've had this role in mind for some time, or at least it's survived multiple versions of the script.

More info/photos: https://www.jamesbondbrasil.com/2019/02/set-de-bond-25-noruega/

Whoa! Thanks @marketto007.

So they are trying to take advantage of the snow, it would seem.
    Not too thrilled here about more Oscar chasing Bond escapades here. Yawn.
    I've never seen Lupita in anything so I can't rightfully say. Maybe she'd be amazing?
    When I read "expanded role" for Moneypenny the first thought that came to my mind was Moneypenny getting killed at the climax so we could get another obligatory Craig weeping scene. I probably just jinxed it and that's what happens. LOL.

I am happy we are finally getting some solid casting rumors here, though. It's about time.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Whoa! Thanks @marketto007.

So they are trying to take advantage of the snow, it would seem.

I hope it doubles for Austria, but i worry that they might get the stupid idea to delve deeper into Bond's childhood with Oberhauser.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Risico007 wrote: »
    if I am the reason that anyone is holding back info I apologize and would hope that people will say info I would be appreciative of it.

Come on, my mustachioed friend. You drink far too much, party too hard-- especially while in Vegas-- but cheer up!

Playlist's revelation from last week (with a healthy dose of the dramatic that some of us fell for-- namely: me), upset EoN; 24 hours after they were controlling the narrative, info leaked to the media that they obviously didn't want to get out (we can speculate why (mainly because this kind of story looks worse than reality; It's a lot less sexy to report: scriptwriter/script doctor Scott Z Burns has been hired to give Eon's Bond 25 a final polish before they go to camera; instead it's "staring down a gun barrel" and an "overhaul" of the script; it's easy to see why producers wouldn't want to share this info!)).

So, enjoy this build-up. They're talking about wooing talent (but don't be disappointed if they didn't land the one you want (anyone would want to star in a 007 picture in a supporting lead, but if schedules are crammed, they're crammed)).

What's funny is the SHATTERHAND rumour. Not saying this hasn't happened before, but I don't remember when a "working title" for a big franchise ended up being the "actual" title.

And, again, just a little loose chatter that was whispered in my direction: there is a belief out there that only a few people know the actual title of the film as of this writing. If true, we can all guess that would be our lead producers at EoN, MGM, Universal, Annapurna, the director, and Craig (the writers too, but perhaps not all of them (those that came and went between P&W and Burns); if true, anyone beyond these people don't even have a whiff of the title, since a name can easily escape lips unintentionally; if true, the production crew is working on "Bond 25", or "25"..

However, like everything, this title is going to be released very shortly; same with the cast. Filming commences soon, and I will celebrate my late dad's b-day by going to watch B25 on April 8, 2020.

The fact that they appear to be building an entire, bespoke house (vs. using an existing one) suggests one of two things to me.

There's either something unique about that location that was too perfect to pass up, or that particular building doesn't have wonderful odds of surviving the film. :)