No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Fukunaga has stopped following a load of people on Instagram. Maybe his new ex-colleagues.

Maybe the Scott Z Burns news is something he didn’t sign on for. If that’s the case, Eon will probably announce tomorrow CJF is off the project.

It’s going to be an interesting week...

Here we go again...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Fukunaga has stopped following a load of people on Instagram. Maybe his new ex-colleagues.

Maybe the Scott Z Burns news is something he didn’t sign on for. If that’s the case, Eon will probably announce tomorrow CJF is off the project.

Are you trying to amp up the hysteria on this thread? So he unfollowed people on Instagram. Not everything is a story, and you seem hell bent on searching for the most minute info in order to create a narrative.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619

Uh oh... If that happens, it’s game over. Maybe that would be for the better. May I ask you how you noticed this? Do you regularly check the number of people he follows? If so, approximately how many people did he suddenly unfollow?
  • Megalomaniac villain, exotic locales, gadgets, Bond shags multiple girls, lifeboat scene at the end.

@ringfire211 I will be absolutely over the moon if we ever get this kind of proper Bond movie again.
    Unfortunately we won’t. Because Babs is too busy crafting “her” next masterpiece. She thinks she’s Picasso or something. She forgets her job is to make Bond movies... for us, not for her. She should look back at Cubby. Good or bad, he gave us a Bond movie every other year. That was his job and he knew that’s what we expected. She refuses to give us a Bond movie until it meets “her” standards, whatever those are. She wants another CR or SF and she’ll wait as long as it takes until she gets what “she” wants. It’s an ego trip for her. Ever since her love affair with Craig she’s been on this ego trip.

• There's some rubbish posted on this thread.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    shamanimal wrote: »
    There's some rubbish posted on this thread.
    Agreed. Pure lunacy.
    Fukunaga may be jumping ship now?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Yes. That rubbish.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    No.
    In all honesty though, would it really be that surprising? I want him to stick around and for the film to just get done as much as anyone, but things have clearly gotten out of hand and we’ve already seen one director leave the film. Until we get some good news, it’s really not easy to have a lot of confidence in this project from what we’ve seen and heard thus far.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 9,731
    I hear Chris Nolan is the new director ;)

I am kidding of course but how many belueved it as truth
    Fukunaga seems a bit bland in the interviews ive seen him in.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I hear Chris Nolan is the new director ;)
    Provoking goes both ways, you know.

Tuck91 wrote: »
    Fukunaga seems a bit bland in the interviews ive seen him in.
    Perhaps, but his work is anything but. I can't wait to see what he does with Bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    For all intents and purposes I’m done posting on this dysfunctional thread. It has been taken over by a cancerous, narcissistic individual who’s constant negativity has gotten so repugnant that there isn’t a drop of pleasure coming here anymore.. This is so unnecessary;.
    even with the production difficulties it should be enjoyable to come here, not a test of tolerance.

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Well rehearsals are still going on so I presume not too much has changed
    Imagine being a location scout or stunt person right now. Enjoying your job, thinking about how you're going to make the best film ever, and meanwhile, down here all hell is breaking lose :D
    There is much Risico in this business

pizness
    talos7 wrote: »
    For all intents and purposes I’m done posting on this dysfunctional thread. It has been taken over by a cancerous, narcissistic individual who’s constant negativity has gotten so repugnant that there isn’t a drop of pleasure coming here anymore.. This is so unnecessary;.
    even with the production difficulties it should be enjoyable to come here, not a test of tolerance.
    . i feel the test of tolerance is coming from eon. Their fans (us) are loyal but we know what happens when we take things for granted.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Bond films? Or life. Or both.
  • peterpeter Toronto

As @talos7, and others, and I, have discussed today, there will be a few members out of this thread (I mean, honestly, when one is counting how many people the director is unfollowing on INSTAGRAM as a support of that director leaving production tomorrow?????... Seriously????? That's weird.

One or two people doing more investigative work on ACTUAL production threads, or with people who had legit info (like second unit doing rehearsals (0% indeed); these people are not counting Instagram followers);

My own, premature reaction to the "overhaul re-writes" was just that, and others-- the smarter (better looking people), who told me about Boyle's dismissal and how he was destroying James Bond with little to no action (all of my posts are here and dated); Cadiz, Jamaica (with other forum posters unrelated to me saying they had THREE other sources of Gregg Wilson in Jamaica (with second unit); Italy location-scouting; second unit in rehearsals (and now pics to verify), are the ppl I put trust in. They are industry. And they have been right (ppl counting instagram followers would fall under the category of emperor's MOD EDIT)

I'm hoping we get a clearer sense of when filming begins in a week's time, if Craig is interviewed at the Oscars.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm hoping we get a clearer sense of when filming begins in a week's time, if Craig is interviewed at the Oscars.

That might be the next opportunity we'd have to possibly get some news. My guess though is that with the rewrite/overhaul going on that Burns is working on, no one in the crew really knows. They may well shoot some stuff without the finished script though. At this point it's anyone's guess what happens going forward.
    peter wrote: »

As @talos7, and others, and I, have discussed today, there will be a few members out of this thread (I mean, honestly, when one is counting how many people the director is unfollowing on INSTAGRAM as a support of that director leaving production tomorrow?????... Seriously????? That's weird.

One or two people doing more investigative work on ACTUAL production threads, or with people who had legit info (like second unit doing rehearsals (0% indeed); these people are not counting Instagram followers);

My own, premature reaction to the "overhaul re-writes" was just that, and others-- the smarter (better looking people), who told me about Boyle's dismissal and how he was destroying James Bond with little to no action (all of my posts are here and dated); Cadiz, Jamaica (with other forum posters unrelated to me saying they had THREE other sources of Gregg Wilson in Jamaica (with second unit); Italy location-scouting; second unit in rehearsals (and now pics to verify), are the ppl I put trust in. They are industry. And they have been right (ppl counting instagram followers would fall under the category of emperor's MOD EDIT)

I agree
  • peterpeter Toronto
    FoxRox wrote: »

Send me your email and I will send a screen shot:

[email protected]
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Remove the 's' from "https", then it'll work.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Remove the 's' from "https", then it'll work.

Got it - thanks.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    All a good night,

P
  • echoecho 007 in New York

Agreed. I haven't heard this much pointless screaming since Stacey Sutton.
    echo wrote: »

Agreed. I haven't heard this much pointless screaming since Stacey Sutton.

Honestly it would be easier on everyone if they just remade AVTAK with Craig for his finale, shot-for-shot ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    peter wrote: »
    All a good night,

P

AS U CAN SEE : the production page has updated the release date and the NEW info that Burns is on writing duties.

But march 2019 stubbornly stays the same...

(whelp)