No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Oh fun!

*ducks under table to avoid a certain somebody’s temper tantrum*
    It's only 2 months. No sense in getting worked up over it!
    The April 8 date is objectively speaking great. Fast and Furious and others have done very well there
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Everyone right away surmises this delay will be necessary for a good story/script, but what if this is just another delay that has to do with turmoil behind the scenes? What if the next bit of news is that Craig has left, or Fukunaga has left, and the film has been shelved? Too much uncertainty shrouds this film.
    Yes, the "we are thrilled" bit is getting old, isn't it? A bit to political and vague. There is no connection to the fans. Again, not that they have to. But we would appreciate it, none the less.
  • I'm sad now
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    "The release date for Bond 25 has changed. Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli: “We are absolutely thrilled to be releasing Bond 25 on 8 April 2020.”

EON have really half-assed their press-releases this time around. But they're giving Fukunaga more time to perfect this one, so I'm not really phased by this.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,921
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    This could mean several things. I will remain optimistic if starved for bond news. But IF eon screws this one up, then they will have screwed up the entire Craig era, in which case I would support eon selling the franchise. I know that I’ll be criticized for suggesting this, but every production seems to be a total mess, and really since Brosnan took over eon have had a bad track record.

No.

If it is not critically well-received, then the Craig era will have had 2 or 3 good films out of 5, which is par for the course. I highly doubt that Craig's last Bond will be anything other than a box office smash. Bond 26 is assured, even moreso if they advertise this one as Craig's last one. That will make people go to see it.

I'd rather have uncertainty and mystery around the film than the Sony leaks.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Everyone right away surmises this delay will be necessary for a good story/script, but what if this is just another delay that has to do with turmoil behind the scenes? What if the next bit of news is that Craig has left, or Fukunaga has left, and the film has been shelved? Too much uncertainty shrouds this film.

That's my real fear.
    jake24 wrote: »
    "The release date for Bond 25 has changed. Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli: “We are absolutely thrilled to be releasing Bond 25 on 8 April 2020.”

EON have really half-assed their press-releases this time around. But they're giving Fukunaga more time to perfect this one, so I'm not really phased by this.

You're right on half assing the press release. They could have at least confirmed when filming started but oh well. As of right now the last official word is March 4 so we'll see I guess
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630
    My slightly out there prediction:

- Film gets pushed to Easter Weekend 2020

- Easter = Eggs

- Eggs (of the Faberge variety) is featured in a certain Bond short story whose name has yet to be featured

- Bond 25 is The Property of a Lady confirmed
  • April now.. Sure. Just make It November 2020 at this rate.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Ha! With Kristin Chenoweth as Easter. And Ian McShane as Agent Idontgiveaf***.

God, I love Ian McShane.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

What if has to do with financial strategies?

At this point if Fukunaga leaves there’s no way the movie will be released April 2020.
    jake24 wrote: »

I'm loathe to criticize the EON team in most cases, particularly Barbara and Michael as they're absolute legends and geniuses -- but yes, I'd agree, some of these should have been...workshopped...a bit more with the PR team.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    This is beyond ridiculous. It's been five goddamn years EON!
    Guess we have a fan uprising ;) We are all upset at this point, even the positivists are complaining. And with good reason.
    Take the time and get it right.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    Guys. It's from Universal. Fast 9 was moved to Memorial Day Weekend so they needed a film in April and Bond was the obvious choice. This may have nothing to do with the B25 production.

An interesting point, but one that may be too simple of an explanation for many.

I am mainly disappointed at not having a distraction for the inevitable lonely Valentine's Night of 2020.

Occam's razor. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one.

Quite right and hopefully true in this case.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 832
    echo wrote: »
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    This could mean several things. I will remain optimistic if starved for bond news. But IF eon screws this one up, then they will have screwed up the entire Craig era, in which case I would support eon selling the franchise. I know that I’ll be criticized for suggesting this, but every production seems to be a total mess, and really since Brosnan took over eon have had a bad track record.

No.

If it is not critically well-received, then the Craig era will have had 2 or 3 good films out of 5, which is par for the course. I highly doubt that Craig's last Bond will be anything other than a box office smash. Bond 26 is assured, even moreso if they advertise this one as Craig's last one. That will make people go to see it.

I'd rather have uncertainty and mystery around the film than the Sony leaks.

2/5. With at least two in bottom 5. For other franchises, this would be ok. But for bond, where I generally expect middle of the road spy thrillers instead of something more ambitious, this is a failure. Also I would rather have a good final Craig film over critical or commercial success. More invested in Craig’s bond than the future of the franchise, which is assured anyway.

So I’m sorry, but going to have to hard disagree with you.
    Not that this necessarily correlates, but: the longer away that release is, the more likely it is Malek's in the film.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665
    I have no problem with the April date. In fact, it's near my birthday, so I'm actually happy about that. But the fact they have no problem with hitting us with this news after all that has happened, and don't bother to trow us a simple bone, as simple as telling us there will be a press conference soon, now that makes my blood boyle a bit, I must confess. They don't even need to give us a damn date.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 1,395
    FourDot wrote: »
    Take the time and get it right.

Ideally, sure. But how much time do they need to get their act together? This had got to be the most delayed Bond film of all time.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    [deleted]
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Just realized the delay of F&F9 was announced few hours ago. This new Bond 25 delay it’s definitely part of a bigger box office strategy from Universal, so maybe we shouldn’t worry about the production itself.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Just under a 7 week push. I can live with that. It'll give me time to wrap up my college degree
    echo wrote: »

I don’t think Kinnear’s status was ever confirmed. I know Seydoux, Fiennes, Whishaw, and Harris were all confirmed
    Bond 25 better be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    QQ7 wrote: »

That's my real fear.

DC has given up booze the past few months to get in shape. No way he's doing that for a film he's not making. LOL