No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    At this point I would not be surprised if some further disagreements occur and Craig (or Fukunaga) just ditches the whole thing.
    Oh, FFS!!!! I'm already having an awful week. Next week we'll probably get the announcement that Craig is out.
  • I'm sorry, but I gotta admit this is very dissappointing. I know that people are gonna say "more time means better film" etc etc, but I wish they would stick to a date they already gave us. The release date has been pushed back twice now, which doesn't excitely fill me with confidence that it won't get pushed back again. At least we have a talented director set, but even that gives me pause considering the previous director to sign on walked.

I wonder what this means, re: the Linus Sandgren filming start date confusion.
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    ffs
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Damn.

At least they could give us a date for the press conference.
    Not saying they must. But we would appreciate it. Just some sign of positivism.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I’m trying to be optimistic.

Nope, I can’t anymore. This is getting frustrating. Now there’s no way the crew will start filming on 4th March...
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    ffs
    This definitely backs up the April shooting start stuff from Linus/Collider
    matt_u wrote: »

Nope, I can’t anymore. This is getting frustrating. Now there’s no way the crew will start filming on 4th March...

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    QQ7 wrote: »
    At this point I would not be surprised if some further disagreements occur and Craig (or Fukunaga) just ditches the whole thing.

Please don’t say that.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Haha.
    Iron Man and Quantum both released in 2008.

Since then, there have been nineteen additional Marvel films released, and two Bond films. Even accounting for Eon’s studio issues (and size differences, of course) this is more than ridiculous. Heck, you could have pushed the two year interval to 3, and had films in 11/14/17, with Bond 26 coming next year.

Something stinks at Eon, and it isn’t the fish and chips.
    Guys. It's from Universal. Fast 9 was moved to Memorial Day Weekend so they needed a film in April and Bond was the obvious choice. This may have nothing to do with the B25 production
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    "We are thrilled to be releasing on 8 April." What, you weren't thrilled for February 14? At this point, I am beginning to doubt their abilities to even put film in the can. Spectre was November of '15. Why do these things take so long? Bloody hell.
    They must have started from near scratch when Boyle left and everyone still can't agree on a script. This really is something
    I wouldn't expect a press conference until April/May
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    To be honest, I'd prefer they not rush it. I just want a good film, so oh well :D

giphy.gif
    My optimism is getting low as well. So far there has been NO official news regarding this film that has put a smile on my face or has gotten me excited.....perhaps with the exception that Craig is still Bond.

Maybe Craig went to a barber shop for a trim and they hacked him up so bad it will take 2 months to grow back?
    Denbigh wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd prefer they not rush it. I just want a good film, so oh well :D

giphy.gif

Here here
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm not actually that infuriated, but I reckon there will be a month delay in principle photography.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    My optimism is getting low as well. So far there has been NO official news regarding this film that has put a smile on my face or has gotten me excited.....perhaps with the exception that Craig is still Bond.

Maybe Craig went to a barber shop for a trim and they hacked him up so bad it will take 2 months to grow back?

Come now, this is Bond, we can do hairpieces. :D
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    Guys. It's from Universal. Fast 9 was moved to Memorial Day Weekend so they needed a film in April and Bond was the obvious choice. This may have nothing to do with the B25 production.

An interesting point, but one that may be too simple of an explanation for many.

I am mainly disappointed at not having a distraction for the inevitable lonely Valentine's Night of 2020.
    MooreFun wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Come now, this is Bond, we can do hairpieces. :D

LOL! Actually my birthday is in April so this will be a great week to celebrate with Bond.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Denbigh wrote: »

giphy.gif

QoS and SP were rushed scripts. I'd rather they get the script right prior to shooting. This news doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    Guys. It's from Universal. Fast 9 was moved to Memorial Day Weekend so they needed a film in April and Bond was the obvious choice. This may have nothing to do with the B25 production.

An interesting point, but one that may be too simple of an explanation for many.

I am mainly disappointed at not having a distraction for the inevitable lonely Valentine's Night of 2020.

Occam's razor. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one
    antovolk wrote: »
    This definitely backs up the April shooting start stuff from Linus/Collider
    matt_u wrote: »

Indeed.

I'll say this: disappointing, sure, but ultimately I'm going to care more that they had more time to get this right than I am about the specific day I see it.

This is terrible rationalizing, but we'll have waited more than four years for it by that point -- so another 7-8 weeks isn't that different.

Having said that: I do think the folks at EON need to recognize what the fanbase has been through of late. Without doubt, this further strains a brand sentiment that's taken some major hits in the last year. If there were ever a time to throw us some kind of bone, this is it.

But ultimately, let's be serious: They know that whether their press conference and title reveal are February 28 or April 7, the excitement for Bond 25 isn't going anywhere. We might be disappointed today, but I'll be awake at 4am for the press conference either way and probably on here rabbiting like crazy about how excited I am over the title, two-line plot synopsis, and teaser image they release.
  • Denbigh wrote: »

giphy.gif
    In that case they could keep delaying it with the excuse they're making the best film ever. Bond 25 for 2025?

That's pessimistic I know, but I don't like getting used to the idea of the next Bond film coming out in one date, when it just keeps getting further and further away. The wait has already been long enough. Jesus H. Christ.

Oh well, gotta pop in my DVD's of old Bond movies to feel better...
    So:

It will face:

3rd weekend of GI Joe (is this still on?)

3rd weekend of Mulan

2nd weekend of untitled DC Movie (as of right now)

The week after that so far we only have Trolls 2 confirmed

Nothing is confirmed for the week after Trolls 2

There's supposed to be a Marvel movie in the 4th weekend of Bond.

Ok date tbh, I think this will bring solid boxoffice success

Also...this is the first time a Bond movie is not relased in Oct/Nov/Dec since the 80s I think
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    They should at least give us a title.
    Im fine with the 2 month delay. I want them to get this film right and take whatever time they need to make this film right. TBH I never really liked a February release date. April feels better
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 832
    This could mean several things. I will remain optimistic if starved for bond news. But IF eon screws this one up, then they will have screwed up the entire Craig era, in which case I would support eon selling the franchise. I know that I’ll be criticized for suggesting this, but every production seems to be a total mess, and really since Brosnan took over eon have had a bad track record.