Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Not exactly his finest hour. He's been living that woeful mishap down for a few years now - quietly cleaning up his act, as it were.

Looking forward to what he does after his London theatre run of Betrayal which starts next month.
  • He's just "too nice" isn't he. I would have gone all out with "I shagged T****r S***t" lol

Yeah man @bondjames give it a watch. He acts the part well; smooth demeanour with a cool walk, of what I remember. Another problem is that he'll always be Loki.
  • Tom Hiddleston just looks like he's trying really hard to be cool. It's far from effortless with him - like say with Connery who had a natural insouciance. With Hiddleston it just feels laboured and comes across as unattractive. He just isn't a leading man.

A name that is getting a lot of chatter for Bruce Wayne (which is essentially the American James Bond) is Robert Pattinson.

A lot of people who only see tentpole films will only ever see him as the Twilight guy. But he's been building up a terrific body of work. He's become a great actor, and he's brooding and intense. He has similar facial features to Cavill (obviously not his build), so that should satisfy those fans.

Pattinson is the right age (early 30's) and fits the profile perfectly. I encourage everyone to watch Good Time - there was a good week where that was the only thing I spoke about.

OohdZqOI
    2016-01-06-diorhomme-094.jpg
    2016-01-06-diorhomme-080.jpg
    Robert-Pattinson-Dior-Homme-SS16-02.jpg
    Rob-home_0.jpg
    robert-pattinson-2016-dior-homme-photo-shoot4.jpg?w=684&h=1024
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He's just "too nice" isn't he. I would have gone all out with "I shagged T****r S***t" lol.
    Same here. Yes, that whole episode was cringeworthy. It did him a lot of damage.
    Yeah man @bondjames give it a watch. He acts the part well; smooth demeanour with a cool walk, of what I remember. Another problem is that he'll always be Loki.
    Will do. He does have a pretty stylish strut. Loki is his most famous characterization, but Jonathan Pine showed he is versatile.
    Tom Hiddleston just looks like he's trying really hard to be cool. It's far from effortless with him - like say with Connery who had a natural insouciance. With Hiddleston it just feels laboured and comes across as unattractive. He just isn't a leading man.
    I disagree. I think he's very smooth in an old school manner. He has a natural charm. The only issue I see is he's not tough enough, as @DewiWynBond alluded to. He doesn't give off a rugged vibe in the slightest. Too refined and posh.
    A name that is getting a lot of chatter for Bruce Wayne (which is essentially the American James Bond) is Robert Pattinson.

A lot of people who only see tentpole films will only ever see him as the Twilight guy. But he's been building up a terrific body of work. He's become a great actor, and he's brooding and intense. He has similar facial features to Cavill (obviously not his build), so that should satisfy those fans.

Pattinson is the right age (early 30's) and fits the profile perfectly. I encourage everyone to watch Good Time - there was a good week where that was the only thing I spoke about.

OohdZqOI
    Rob-home_0.jpg
    I've personally never liked this guy's look, which I feel is better suited to a villain. Having said that, I think they may be onto something with him as Wayne. It will be suitable different to what has come previously to be interesting.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I’d never cast Pattinson to be my janitor.
    Pattinson has the right look but o just never saw him in anything... and he slept with Kristen Stewart so if we can hold Taylor Swift against Hiddleston I feel the same
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Pattinson to me really resembles a vampire. It's just his (slightly) evil look. Perhaps a henchman.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    I’d never cast Pattinson to be my janitor.
    +1
    Pattinson to me really resembles a vampire. It's just his (slightly) evil look. Perhaps a henchman.
    +2
    bondjames wrote: »
    I've personally never liked this guy's look, which I feel is better suited to a villain.
    +3

Good actor, actually. Exceeded expectations in The Lost city of Z, for example. Still, no Bond there.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,291
    Robert Pattison looks to me like a guy better suited as a twisted sort of villain rather than Bond himself. Guess a lot of people would have issues with him as Bond too, given the "Twilight baggage". Most of all this guy :))

• That dude has the jaw for the Batman cowl. Interesting!

Anyway, back to Bond... James Bond.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    James Pattison is far better suited to Batman than Bond in my opinion. I could totally see him as a young Bruce Wayne.
    Pattinson has the sort of melancholy, Byronic hero vibe that Kingsley Amis found in Bond. As for looking like a villain--isn't that what Vivienne Michel mistook Bond for in TSWLM? If Pattinson put on a bit more muscle he might be a contender.
    James Pattison is far better suited to Batman than Bond in my opinion. I could totally see him as a young Bruce Wayne.

From a vampire to a bat. How downgrading ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I can understand why discussing something as seemingly trivial as eyebrows might be silly to some; of course it's easy to take it in that direction. But when it comes to filmmaking, it's all about image and virtually everything that appears on screen is given a significant amount of consideration. For an actor or actress this means every aspect of their appearance from head to toe.

With very little dissent, most would agree that Connery was at his peak in the first four films; he was fit and impeccably dressed and groomed. This grooming included a considerable amount taming of an over abundance of eyebrow; a great deal of thought and work went into shaping them to fit the level of refinement displayed in other areas.

When it comes to Craig his eyebrows tend to bleach out. This can create a washed out look that also effects subtle expression. And bottom line it's just not as aesthetically appealing.

Now the mistake is to make them too bold and dark to where they look painted on.
    here are a couple of shots where his look a perfect and the brows help as expression.

Along with all of the elements in the film such as script, direction cinematography, acting, score and many more, I want Daniel to look his best as he quite possibly bows out as 007.

08EQskW.jpg?2

Bym1fEm.jpg?2
    I quite agree about the eyebrows @talos7. They make a brutally positive difference on him.
    cr4-cl-jkt-2.jpg
    edited
    edited
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @Univex you need to edit your posts, and stop multi-posting. Thanks.
  • ThunderballsThunderballs Brighton, UK
    Pattinson I can see as Bond. Turner and Hiddeston are just too boyish.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    As is the case with Cavill and Hiddleston, Pattinson will never be Bond.
  • All these eye gifs are freaking me out.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 34
    Personally, I think Alexander Dreymon has the looks for Bond, but I suspect his British accent would let him down (he's German).

http://liverampup.com/uploads/celebrity/alexander-doetsch.jpg
    Christ, how do you show images here...
  • Click on the tree button innit
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Tom Hiddleston just looks like he's trying really hard to be cool. It's far from effortless with him - like say with Connery who had a natural insouciance. With Hiddleston it just feels laboured and comes across as unattractive. He just isn't a leading man.

OohdZqOI
    Rob-home_0.jpg

Catching up on other interesting threads. And @Pierce2Daniel , I have to absolutely agree with you. In everything you stated (apologies to all Hiddles fans, I’ve always wanted to punch the guy in the face).
    And as far as Pattinson is concerned, I had never seen a Twilight film but obviously knew about them (avoided them like a vampire to light); it was my son brought my attention to GOOD TIME. He was brilliant in it and, as far as Batman/Wayne goes, I would love to see him play the role(s).
    Benny wrote: »
    @Univex you need to edit your posts, and stop multi-posting. Thanks.

Damn, didn't notice. Sorry.
    How can I delete my posts?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I actually think Pattinson would be great as either James Bond or Bruce Wayne. The only issue would be the actors relationship with franchises.

He hated being a part of the Twlight series so I'm not sure, especially after trying to redefine himself as a proper actor, that he would go for either of these properties. But if he was to choose one I think he'd go for 007 as at the moment it has a better reputation that the DCEU.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    edited February 2019 Posts: 754

OohdZqOI
    Rob-home_0.jpg

An intriguing choice, right in front of us... I’m interested to check out some of his movies
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Sorry but Pattinson just doesn't have the features nor the character facially wise. To each his own though.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Revelator wrote: »
    Pattinson has the sort of melancholy, Byronic hero vibe that Kingsley Amis found in Bond. As for looking like a villain--isn't that what Vivienne Michel mistook Bond for in TSWLM? If Pattinson put on a bit more muscle he might be a contender.

@Revelator has an incredible observation...

If the man pictured was a little more “filled out”, and walked in Vivienne’s room, is that, and could that be Bond in a way similar to the way Fleming saw him?

I would not say, “no”...