Coolest thing you'll see all day thread.

Comments

Does anyone of those two age at all?
    @bondjames Hugh Jackman and Kirk Douglas, a few weeks shy of Kirk's 102nd birthday.

44422290-353734192053160-3731160791360725749-n.jpg

Wow what a great photo! Had no idea how old Kirk Douglas was! Fantastic!!!
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 17,294

This one looks interesting!
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    edited November 2018 Posts: 371

Love it so much.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    QQ7 wrote: »

Love it so much.

Wonderful ad!
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    @peter it really is. It might be my favorite now.
    It has a bit of "Bondian" vibe to it and I am a huge watch guy.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 5,767
    I´m not familiar with the games, but this is brilliant!
    Marvel stuntmen re-enacting Super Smash Bros:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=181&v=rJNQB2gcIQU
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I wonder what birds they can showcase in Norway this time.

Or in the dialog.

hqdefault.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto

Awe.Some.
    peter wrote: »

Awe.Some.

Indeed! I think it would be interesting (and probably a box office success) if Macaulay Culkin returned one more time as Kevin McCallister. He's not a kid anymore of course, but still.
    agujeronegro79_01.gif
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    rute_344_uk.gif
    2.jpg
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

Most impressive. I'm curious how those synths worked. He must have preprogrammed them to produce different sounds, then somehow controls them to play with the touch of his drumsticks while playing.
    rute_438_uk.gif
    123456765432123456.gif
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    source.gif
    What a strange face.

This is mine:
    Wow, those Indians know how to accentuate tension.
    That's why Octopussy is @Dragonpol's favourite Bond movie.

:))
    7796825490_8b6e7d8f75.jpg
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,294
    More a coolest thing you'll read, but reading about a book about photographer David Hurn's photos, I learned he did that famous photo of Connery with that air pistol from FRWL. Here's the story behind it:
    “Tom [Carlile] phoned me up and told me they were doing the second Bond movie and desperately needed a lot of publicity on it. They needed a poster for the film and because they were trying to get it out quickly there wasn’t any spare time, so we had to shoot it during the night. The studio where the film was made was an hour and a half drive out of town, so we had to shoot it in my studio in London. I remember Tom came up to me that night and said ‘David, I don’t know what we’re going to do, we’ve forgotten the gun!’ So there we were with all the big guys from United Artists, Sean Connery and half a dozen of the girls from the film all ready to shoot and we didn’t have a gun. So I told Tom not to worry too much because I used to do target shooting as a hobby with a Walther air pistol, and James Bond uses a Walther PPK in the film. So I assured him nobody there would have known the difference, so I told him we were going to use the air pistol I had and then all the design people had to do when they’d come to make the poster was to cut the barrel down to its correct length. So we shot these pictures without anybody knowing that Mr. James Bond was standing there with an air pistol. Of course when they came to doing the poster they forgot to cut the barrel off! So when you see the picture he’s actually standing there with an air pistol, but what was funnier is that they used the same unedited picture for three reprints. What was even more amazing actually was that only one newspaper picked it up afterwards. Another incredible thing was that years later I still had the same pistol and I was just going to give it away to Oxfam and then somebody from Christie’s said they were going to have a sale of Bond memorabilia and asked me to put the pistol up for auction and to my total surprised it raised about £8000. Guess if I’d known that a few years ago it would have gone up for sale again for over £270,000 I would have held on to it.”
    Cool Story indeed, @Torgeirtrap. I knew it was an air pistol, but I didn´t know all those Details.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Cool Story indeed, @Torgeirtrap. I knew it was an air pistol, but I didn´t know all those Details.

Me neither! At least there was a reason why they used that gun rather than the one he should have been holding.