Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Of course he does. ;)

Oddly enough, Shane West, who played the American agent Tom Sawyer in LOEG, played Michael in the American adaptation of Nikita. ;)

LOEG is a guilty pleasure for me, I watched Nikita when it originally aired though never made the connection regarding Shane West.
    I enjoy it very openly and prefer it to the comic books.

So, we have Nikita from La Femme Nikita and Michael from the newer Nikita. Hmm... ;)

I got the show titles mixed up, I watched the Peta Wilson version though never saw the Maggie Q one.

LOEG has a great cast Richard Roxburgh is good value i bought it on Bluray a while back, if I remember it was Sir Sean's last film.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Of course he does. ;)

Oddly enough, Shane West, who played the American agent Tom Sawyer in LOEG, played Michael in the American adaptation of Nikita. ;)

LOEG is a guilty pleasure for me, I watched Nikita when it originally aired though never made the connection regarding Shane West.

So, we have Nikita from La Femme Nikita and Michael from the newer Nikita. Hmm... ;)

I got the show titles mixed up, I watched the Peta Wilson version though never saw the Maggie Q one.

LOEG has a great cast Richard Roxburgh is good value i bought it on Bluray a while back, if I remember it was Sir Sean's last film.
    Richard Roxburgh was a terrific Moriarty and very charismatic villain. Far better than he was in Mission: Impossible 2 and Van Helsing. An underrated actor, in my opinion.

Come to think of it, why was he never in a Bond film? He'd fit in a Craig era Bond film like a glove, possibly playing a character that impersonates Bond in order to discredit him et al. It'd be terrific.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Of course he does. ;)

Richard Roxburgh was a terrific Moriarty and very charismatic villain. Far better than he was in Mission: Impossible 2 and Van Helsing. An underrated actor, in my opinion.

Come to think of it, why was he never in a Bond film? He'd fit in a Craig era Bond film like a glove, possibly playing a character that impersonates Bond in order to discredit him et al. It'd be terrific.

Roxburgh for me is similar to Ian Glen both actors that deliver when needed, both should be in a Bond film.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Of course he does. ;)

Roxburgh for me is similar to Ian Glen both actors that deliver when needed, both should be in a Bond film.
    My thoughts exactly!
  • I really like the idea of Tessa Thompson being in a Bond film. If the role does require someone who can play British - she can easily do this, considering the spot-on accent she did in Thor Ragnorak.

She's cool and young - someone who would seemingly want to work with Fukunaga whilst being more subversive in a big franchise film. Plus, she's got quite the resume, having made films like Annihilation, Selma, Sorry to Bother You and both the Creed films. She will even be one of the leads in the Men In Black reboot. She'd be hot casting.

She may be a little too young to play opposite Craig - though I think in a #MeToo world and considering Madeleine will return - I suspect Bond won't have an overly romantic connection the leading lady.

tessa-thompson-at-variety-studio-at-sundance-film-festival-01-20-2018-3.jpg

Another actress who'd fit the part if they were looking younger is Naomi Scott. I haven't actually seen her in anything - but she'd utterly gorgeous and surely on the cusp of being omnipresent, considering she'll play Princess Jasmine in the big-budget Aladdin film and is one of the leads in the Charlie's Angles reboot.

rs_634x1024-170715180951-634.Naomi-Scott-New-York.kg.071517.jpg?fit=inside|900:auto&output-quality=90
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2018 Posts: 5,869
    Sonoya Mizuno. She's already worked with Fukunaga on Maniac and was also in Ex Machina. She's a Japanese-born British actress, so could play either the rumoured Bond girls, the MI6 agent who works with Bond or the other mystery woman.

7axi6vksiw601.jpg

• peterpeter Toronto
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Sonoya Mizuno. She's already worked with Fukunaga on Maniac and was also in Ex Machina. She's a Japanese-born British bond girls so could play either the rumoured Bond girls, the MI6 agent who works with Bond or the other mystery women.

7axi6vksiw601.jpg

I would not be surprised if she was cast at all. Good call at @Denbigh .
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 3,333
    I also never liked Natalie Portman. I mean, I don't have anything against her at all. But, she's just one of those actresses who just happens to be everywhere and you just want to get on with the scene she's in, as she does not leave an impact on you as an audience. Portman is that to me.
    Natalie Portman is a midget. I recall walking past Kova Patisserie in London's Soho back in 2005 and Miss Portman (she wasn't married back then) came racing out of its front doors and ran straight into me. She looked up at me like I was a skyscraper or something. She then apologised and turned to her boyfriend, who was lagging not far behind. How did I know it was Portman? For one, her head was shaved for the role in V for Vendetta and it was 100% her. Regardless, she's a tiny little thing. Cute, but tiny.
    A woman at 1.60 is hardly a midget (Léa Seydoux is only 1.68 too). Can't see Natalie Portman as a Bond girl though; doesn't seem like an actress that would take on a role as a Bond girl to me.
    Compared to me @Torgeirtrap, she's a midget. I guess it's all relative to the spectator. Also what's 1.60? Is that some EU detective measuring scale that's now used in Lapland?
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,272
    bondsum wrote: »
    Compared to me @Torgeirtrap, she's a midget. I guess it's all relative to the spectator. Also what's 1.60? Is that some EU detective measuring scale that's now used in Lapland?

Meters! :-)
    Britt Ekland is only 1.65, so there's been shorter Bond girls before. The most important thing is the height of the Bond girl in comparison with the Bond actor. I hate it when a Bond girl make Craig look short, for example.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    bondsum wrote: »

It's the EU standard of mesuring feminity. We standardise everything.
    peter wrote: »
    Sonoya Mizuno. She's already worked with Fukunaga on Maniac and was also in Ex Machina. She's a Japanese-born British bond girls so could play either the rumoured Bond girls, the MI6 agent who works with Bond or the other mystery women.

7axi6vksiw601.jpg

I would not be surprised if she was cast at all. Good call at @Denbigh .

+1
    Natalie Portman is only an inch shorter than Jane Seymour, plus movie magic can make height change easily.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2018 Posts: 5,869
    I don't think the Portman thing is even a height issue, if the actress is good enough for the role they'll cast them. For me, I think Portman is just too famous to be a Bond girl at this point, also I think based on the way her career is currently going, the last thing on her mind is joining the Bond franchise.

I also doubt they'll ever cast a leading lady from the Marvel universe in the Bond franchise, whether they're still part of it or not. I again fully support the idea of Sonoya Mizuno. Although I'm sticking looking at my watch waiting for Barbara and Michael to cast Andrea Riseborough and Tao Okamoto.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    just by accident stumbled upon this lady:
    Gwendolyne Taylor from Aoteora.

960full-gwendoline-taylor.jpg

I'm sorry but what a screen presence!!
    2530.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

600full-gwendoline-taylor.jpg

941c7bc3a3f761052be259f59eefc84e.jpg

She needs to be cast!
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 591
    I don't think the Portman thing is even a height issue, if the actress is good enough for the role they'll cast them. For me, I think Portman is just too famous to be a Bond girl at this point, also I think based on the way her career is currently going, the last thing on her mind is joining the Bond franchise.

I also doubt they'll ever cast a leading lady from the Marvel universe in the Bond franchise, whether they're still part of it or not. I again fully support the idea of Sonoya Mizuno. Although I'm sticking looking at my watch waiting for Barbara and Michael to cast Andrea Riseborough and Tao Okamoto.

Hell yes to all your suggestions @Denbigh! I would love all these amazing actresses to appear in James Bond films. I'm going to add some images below for people who are not familiar with these women:

actress-sonoya-mizuno-facts-10-1537948724-view-1.jpg
    Sonoya Mizuno in Maniac (2018)

Andrea-Riseborough-in-Oblivion.jpg
    Andrea RiseboroughOblivion (2013)

idxa91bywcz01.jpg
    Tao Okamoto in Westworld (2018)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Isn't Riseborough of the "I would rather be James Bond, than a Bond Girl" mindset?
    Watching The ABC Murders on the BBC. Very flawed, but I think Eve Austin has what it takes to be an English rose type of Bond girl.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Watching The ABC Murders on the BBC. Very flawed, but I think Eve Austin has what it takes to be an English rose type of Bond girl.

Been watching another Agatha Christie adaptation on TV tonight – Ordeal by Innocence. Among the cast were Alice Eve and Eleanor Tomlinson, who both could have made decent Bond girls.
    Can't say I don't like the way they dress....

Eleanor-Tomlinson:-British-Academy-Television-Awards-2017--12.jpg

alice-eve-wallpaper-06.jpg?resize=787%2C1050
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 3,000
    After seeing Aquaman, Amber Heard definitely needs to be a Bond girl:
    2E615F5D00000578-3315637-image-a-11_1447345200295.jpg
    5bfb1d53299d379ad7740bc0c9f5f9ed.jpg
    Amber-Heard-Booty.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    That last one isn't Amber Heard. To steal a line from The Lovin' Spoonful, Amber Heard is 'Hotter than a match head' but...

giphy.gif
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 3,000
    That last one isn't Amber Heard. To steal a line from The Lovin' Spoonful, Amber Heard is 'Hotter than a match head' but...

giphy.gif

Ahh pretty bad when the first result on google images is wrong. I’ve corrected my post. Regarding the video, one can only hope she was playing along and just joking, but otherwise I’ll have to agree with “the most interesting man in the world.”
    Eleanor-Tomlinson-at-BAFTA-Awards-940301.jpg
    Maybe for the next Bond ;)

Poldark.jpg
    A woman should never play Bond
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 6,677
    Getafix wrote: »
    lol

Seriously now. That dress! Damn.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

SEXIST!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,541
    Univex wrote: »
    lol

Univex wrote: »
    lol

Haha with that dress I bet she can role-play whatever she want
    Been watching the first two seasons of Vikings. At 43 she’s a tad old,but Amy Bailey looks both good and seems to be a capable actress. Although I’m generally not keen on American actresses as Bond girls.