Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Just started watching bodyguard and wow! richard madden is now my second favorite choice as the next bond behind james norton.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Richard Madden is excellent in Bodyguard, but I don't see him as Bond in the slightest. Just my two cents.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Richard Madden is excellent in Bodyguard, but I don't see him as Bond in the slightest. Just my two cents.

"Well that's because you're a bloody idiot"...

I jest, @Superintendent... I have always wanted to use that line-- and it never works on my kids, so...
    I don't like any of the favs. Just like back then I didn't like Owen, Jackman, and whoever. Boy, am I in trouble... Come Bond 26 I'm bound to be disappointed or surprised like I was in 2006. For now, Turner is the one I can see more in the role, but he's not A list material.
    Univex wrote: »
    I don't like any of the favs. Just like back then I didn't like Owen, Jackman, and whoever. Boy, am I in trouble... Come Bond 26 I'm bound to be disappointed or surprised like I was in 2006. For now, Turner is the one I can see more in the role, but he's not A list material.

It’s interesting because back then I was championing Adrian Paul And would of annoyed everyone back then now I am going with the A-list choices and I am still driving everyone nuts

As Connery said “oh well can’t win them all”

My top 5 (though I doubt any of them will be approached let alone cast)

1. Micheal Fassbender (beyond his X-men roles his role in a light between oceans is why I want him... why because even in a chick flick he was so charismatic I couldn’t look away)
    2. Tom Hardy (watch inception)
    3. Tom Hiddleston (hey he impressed me and my wife in the night manager)
    4. Chis Hemsworth (I still need to see black hat but from the trailers and his Thor films yeah I can see him being good a bit too Roger Moore for my tastes but not aweful)
    5. Luke Evans ( his work in that John cusack Edgar Allen Poe thing is why I want him as 007)

As for Aidan Turner Bond isn’t his franchise sorry but he looks so much like a mix of Christopher Lambert and Adrian Paul I prefer him for highlander
    How can anyone want this for Bond?
    54daf21384078_-_esq-3oixh3-cover.jpg?resize=480:*

Or this:
    9dce69e5d60475af49e6f74fef996004.jpg

Or this:
    d9d1842ae18852eae11f3fa439d7e204--hot-guys-tom-hiddleston-loki.jpg

Have we all lost touch of what Bond is???
    These are all insane choices. It's one thing to get a blond guy to do it. But this is just trowing the character out of the window.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 6,677
    Even this had something going on that, at the time, instantly spoke about Bond. Something on his eyes and nose and mouth. Something deep and aggressive that Fleming wrote about the character. Some cruelty. A cruel mouth. A deep recognisable voice. I was sold, despite the many criticisms. I found it to be a genius choice. But the above ones? Wow, how far would the apple have to fall from the tree?

Daniel-Craig.jpg
    Has Dan got a hairy chest there ?

What happened to that ?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I really can’t stand Hiddles. My dislike is quite terrible!
    peter wrote: »
    I really can’t stand Hiddles. My dislike is quite terrible!

I know what you mean, I dislike Hardy the same way.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Has Dan got a hairy chest there ?

What happened to that ?

We should ask Germanlady ;) It probably got lighter with time, as did his eyebrows.
    Poor @Germanlady is with us no more, @Univex .

Her lust and faithful defence of Craig pushed her over the edge and she is banned.

(He didn't shave it off for CR did he ? would make no sense.)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I prefer to gain a judgment on an actor's suitability based on what I see of their performances rather than a still photo, which can sometimes be misleading. A photo can certainly give some indication, but I've encountered too many instances of people looking good in photos and failing to ignite onscreen.

I'd frankly be fine with any of the choices except Madden or Hardy.

I think they'll surprise us again with a distinctly new approach and take on the characterization when they change over. That's the only thing that's constantly been true, apart from Lazenby perhaps.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Yes, as of right now Hemsworth, along with Turner, is very high on my list. If I care to I could did up countless photos that show him looking very Bondian; he’s got the right level of fame, has matured greatly as an actor and can handle both the lighter material and the action. Hemsworth is tall Has a great look and would be perfect as a Bond that combines the classic and the modern .
    And yes , I’m firmly in touch with what is Bond.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I prefer to gain a judgment on an actor's suitability based on what I see of their performances rather than a still photo, which can sometimes be misleading. A photo can certainly give some indication, but I've encountered too many instances of people looking good in photos and failing to ignite onscreen.

I'd frankly be fine with any of the choices except Madden or Hardy.

I think they'll surprise us again with a distinctly new approach and take on the characterization when they change over. That's the only thing that's constantly been true, apart from Lazenby perhaps.

+1

talos7 wrote: »
    Yes, as of right now Hemsworth, along with Turner, is very high on my list. If I care to I could did up countless photos that show him looking very Bondian; he’s got the right level of fame, has matured greatly as an actor and can handle both the lighter material and the action. Hemsworth is tall Has a great look and would be perfect as a Bond that combines the classic and the modern .

Would he keep those arms though? ;)
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 6,677

Well, I do like his personality. On that department, he is clearly the best of them all.
    Her lust and faithful defence of Craig pushed her over the edge and she is banned.
    What?! @Germanlady is gone?? Damn, thought she was silent because of the lack of real news.

Lol, I, said this about him, and Cavill, both of those guys train very hard and eat specific diets to get jacked up for their super hero roles; neither one are naturally that heavily muscled. If either one was to be cast, he would come in significantly leaner and downsized

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Lol, I, said this about him, and Cavill, both of those guys train very hard and eat specific diets to get jacked up for their super hero roles; neither one are naturally that heavily muscled. If either one was to be cast, he would come in significantly leaner and downsized
    I've seen Hemsworth looking very lean and fit in premieres and so on in between films.

Cavill generally tends to look a bit jacked these days for some reason, but I really liked the way he came across in MI: Fallout. If he just lost a bit of muscle he could look perfect for Bond.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Cavill is still my ideal choice.
    He is my #1 at the moment as well.
    If you an image search for Cavill in “Immortals” , he has a completely different physique. He’s very lean and athletic, not at all bulky .
    Not saying he should be as bulky as he appears in his Superman films, but he also shouldn't be as lean as he was in Immortals. Being somewhat muscular gives him a whole different image, in my opinion.
    Believe me, whatever look they would be going for , he and his trainers would dial it in.
    For Cavil, shedding what seems to be an innate woodenness in his screen presence will be more of a challenge.
    That's subjective.

Not saying he's anywhere near a great actor, but he's not wooden, either.
    Definitely subjective...
    What?! @Germanlady is gone?? Damn, thought she was silent because of the lack of real news.

It was only a temporary ban, but she decided to not come back

dunda wrote: »

It was only a temporary ban, but she decided to not come back

Damn shame.