No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Remington wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    Nobody cares about Camile? I do and I would be happy to see her back in a small part.

me too

Me three.

Me four!
    And recent picture of Olga at premiere of Terry Gilliams The Man who killed Don Quixote, she looks stunning!

Arguably the best Bond girl of the Craig era after Vesper. Since we're possibly going to Canada, would it be too much to ask for Stana Katic to come back as Corrine?

Why not have both Corrine and Camille!
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Nobody cares about Camile? I do and I would be happy to see her back in a small part.

me too

Me three.

Me four!
    And recent picture of Olga at premiere of Terry Gilliams The Man who killed Don Quixote, she looks stunning!

Arguably the best Bond girl of the Craig era after Vesper. Since we're possibly going to Canada, would it be too much to ask for Stana Katic to come back as Corrine?

At the same time? Yes please.

me too

Me three.

Me four!

Of course! :D

Don't think we'll see either in Bond 25, though. We don't need throwbacks to previous films at this point.
    I could accept a throwback in the form of those two strong and Independent women losing it in front of 007, throwing off their clothes and sighing, "oh James", ignoring that they´re competing with each other.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I could accept a throwback in the form of those two strong and Independent women losing it in front of 007, throwing off their clothes and sighing, "oh James", ignoring that they´re competing with each other.
    "Oh James" definitely needs to make a comeback. As long overdue as the OO7 theme.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I'd rather see Gemma Arterton cast as a new character.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria

me too

Me three.

Me four!

mwah ha ha i see what u did there
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer

me too

Me three.

Me four!

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Corrine/Canadian Intelligence be part of the film if they are indeed shooting in Canada. It would make sense and provide a further string of continuity to Craig's era.
    I just wish we'd seen Bond beat up Youssef in QOS for betraying Vesper rather than it simply being implied off screen.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    I just wish we'd seen Bond beat up Youssef in QOS for betraying Vesper rather than it simply being implied off screen.

Why? Not enough violence in that film already?
  • Since we're moving into the area of wild guesses about Canada, here's some speculation:

-assuming Canada is on the cards, I'll wager we won't see a winter/ski/alpine-type scene, if only because we had Austria in SP.

-outside of the mountains, it's tricky: the great lakes, for instance, are spectacular, but not really Bondian.

-Canada's cities mostly aren't Bondian/photogenic enough to merit a central role in the plot, unless (as has been mentioned) you dress up Toronto/Vancouver to look like NYC/LA/etc. Montreal and Quebec City have charm, but much of their tourist appeal is because they 'look like Europe.' If you want cobblestones and cathedrals, just stay in Europe.

-this leads me to guess that a Canadian location could be used like Mt.Asgard was in TSWLM. More recently, a stunning Alberta waterfall was used as a stand-in for a remote Alaskan training location in The Bourne Legacy.

Or, sadly (and probably more likely), this is all just a bunch of Chinese Whispers and pre-pre-production speculation, and the production won't come within a thousand miles of Canada.

We'll see!
  • echoecho 007 in New York

me too

Me three.

Me four!

I don't want another Bond movie that ties up loose ends from other Bond movies.

You'd think SP at 2.5 hours would have tied everything and everyone up once and for all!
  • peter wrote: »
    Canada sounds a bit boring for a Bond film location.

What? IMO it looks like a fantastic location!

And many cities in Canada can stand-in for other cities (which it is primarily what Toronto and Vancouver are used for). But, once again, a big production like Bond should be crewing up shortly to lock everyone for a March shoot, and studio space, especially at Pinewoods, is not readily available-- studios are booked months and months and months in advance.

I wish this rumour to be true, but so far no one's reported about this-- from agents and producers, to the industry mags, including Playback magazine (which reports on all things happening and shooting in Canada)

It will be interesting to see if the rumour turns out to be true. As you mention, Toronto and Vancouver are often used as stand-ins for other cities, but it would be nice if a Canada location would be Canada on film.
    I think the reason some people think Canada is boring as a location is because many of the cheaper American TV productions are shot in Canada.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

It was never implied Bond beat him up.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    doubleoego wrote: »

This.

I thought it was obvious, considering the overall theme of the film.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

me too

Me three.

Me four!

Me five.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

This.

Yes, that was the point of the scene. Bond did what he needed to to get information from the man—whatever that entailed—then handed him to authorities, walked away, and was done with it. No revenge.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    doubleoego wrote: »

This.

Yes, that was the point of the scene. Bond did what he needed to to get information from the man—whatever that entailed—then handed him to authorities, walked away, and was done with it. No revenge.

The dead don't care about vengeance.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Canada sounds a bit boring for a Bond film location.

What? IMO it looks like a fantastic location!

And many cities in Canada can stand-in for other cities (which it is primarily what Toronto and Vancouver are used for). But, once again, a big production like Bond should be crewing up shortly to lock everyone for a March shoot, and studio space, especially at Pinewoods, is not readily available-- studios are booked months and months and months in advance.

I wish this rumour to be true, but so far no one's reported about this-- from agents and producers, to the industry mags, including Playback magazine (which reports on all things happening and shooting in Canada)

It will be interesting to see if the rumour turns out to be true. As you mention, Toronto and Vancouver are often used as stand-ins for other cities, but it would be nice if a Canada location would be Canada on film.
    I think the reason some people think Canada is boring as a location is because many of the cheaper American TV productions are shot in Canada.

IT
    THE REVENANT
    THE SHAPE OF WATER
    BROKE BACK MOUNTAIN
    X-MEN FILMS
    NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM
    THE HULK
    CAPOTE
    THE FLY
    A CHRISTMAS STORY
    SHAZAM
    SUICIDE SQUAD
  • peterpeter Toronto
    And a simple google search:
    IT 2
    TITANIC
    TWILIGHT films
    GOOD WILL HUNTING
    MEAN GIRLS
    BILLY MADISON (a flippin' classic)
    CATCH ME IF YOU CAN (lovvvvvvvvve this film)
    FIRST BLOOD
    TAKING LIVES
    FINDING FORRESTER (with a certain 007 original)
    DREAM HOUSE (great script, by the way-- pity the producers changed everything about it)
    CHICAGO
    JUNO
    THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW
    DEADPOOL 1 & 2

Right now things shooting in Toronto as I write this:

STAR TREK
    CORONER
    DESIGNATED SURVIVOR
    THE GOOD WITCH
    JETT
    RANSOM
    SUITS
    THE HOT ZONE

Canada, BC, Alberta, Ontario, QC-- Vancouver and Toronto especially-- are bringing in huge budget TV and feature work. Our studios are state of the art and world class. Our crews have been praised for being some of the best in the industry. Our tax credits are ridiculous and if you're paying with US$ there's further saving there as well...

Sadly, I'm still of the mind that B25 will not be coming to my town, or any other town in Canada-- no agency or crew people I know have heard even a whisper of this, other than the link I sent them!!

I've lost hope, so now I've started to pray that I'm wrong!
    Highlander filmed there. The tv show
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    If they use Canada right, go to some of the scenic places maybe in the mountains, it can be great, however it’ll be dull if it’s just like Bond walking around Vancouver, that’s boring I don’t want to see that
  • My question is why would they do something as stupid as having Vancouver or Toronto sub for NYC, as someone mentioned? First of all the NYC skyline is way too unique to fool anyone by using a different city and second of all Bond is not some cheap TV production to do this. They like to go to the actual locations. LALD was shot on location in NYC, not in Canada. So it would be stupid of them to start doing substitutions now.
  • My question is why would they do something as stupid as having Vancouver or Toronto sub for NYC, as someone mentioned? First of all the NYC skyline is way too unique to fool anyone by using a different city and second of all Bond is not some cheap TV production to do this. They like to go to the actual locations. LALD was shot on location in NYC, not in Canada. So it would be stupid of them to start doing substitutions now.

Except when it's Miami. Then any old European city will do. The more Gothic or Romanesque the architecture the better. ;)

Except when it's Miami. Then any old European city will do. The more Gothic or Romanesque the architecture the better. ;)
    I believe they used the Prague airport for the truck action on the runway in CR, doubling for Miami airport. But the front airport exteriors and Craig in the taxi were actually in Miami (you can even see the Miami signs on the highway).
  • I was thinking more the Body Worlds exhibition hall.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Good call too!

echo wrote: »

me too

Me three.

Me four!

I don't want another Bond movie that ties up loose ends from other Bond movies.

You'd think SP at 2.5 hours would have tied everything and everyone up once and for all!
    I would have thought the same by the end of CR, and then by the end of QoS, and then by the end of SF.

Well, one reason is that the Canadian dollar is fairly cheap at the moment. So EON could lock in some savings by working there.

As for dressing up cities, it's quite simple: you send the second unit to NYC (or wherever) to do establishing shots and exteriors - maybe with a few of the cast on hand for some brief shots - and then do all your interiors in Toronto.

Recall that this was done in 'Shanghai' in SF. If the plot calls for the action to be happening in NYC, but there's an interesting/available/appropriate interior space someone else, no problem, you shoot there and make it look like that space is in NYC.

Unless the plot specifically calls for the city to be involved - a footchase or car chase around/through/in some instantly-recognizable monument - then you can film in any number of cheaper or more convenient places.
    Good call too!

Absolutely! She/we deserve it.

Univex wrote: »
    Good call too!
    Absolutely! She/we deserve it.
    Even after her #Me Too rewrite of her role in QoS on going to bed with Bond in an apparent swipe at shamed movie mogul Harvey Weinstein: "No thank you,” I say. Maybe he is attractive, but he’s at least 20 years older than me, we’ve only just met, he’s a colleague…" is just a little snippet from her words in action. I know it was for a new book Feminists Don’t Wear Pink (And Other Lies), but I'd have thought Gemma (as gorgeous as she is) would not want to make another appearance in such a sexist production.