No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Eon Productions Taps Theater, Film & TV Producer Patrick Daly To Oversee Stage Projects
    https://deadline.com/2018/10/eon-productions-patrick-daly-hire-the-bands-visit-1202486114/
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    jake24 wrote: »
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    Canada sounds a bit boring for a Bond film location.
    Canada is extremely vast so it would greatly depend on where, but of the suggested locations (i.e. Ontario, Quebec) I tend to agree. Coming from someone who resides in the former, there simply isn't anything remotely Bondian or exotic when it comes to those locations, IMO. British Columbia is much more interesting though.
    A location I've always wanted to visit, and which has James Bond (or at least secluded Bond villainous hideout) written all over it, is the Chateau Lake Louise in Alberta. Quite picturesque and off the beaten path imho.
    4I7qsZI.jpg

Chateau Frontenac is quite well known, so if it's in a film they will have to acknowledge it as Quebec City. The one above can be anywhere they want.
    echo wrote: »
    Well, if it is Canada, the title song must be by Celine Dion!
    I realize you're jesting, but if it must come to this, I'd prefer Diana Krall or Buble personally. Both Canadian.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 565
    bondjames wrote: »
    Canada is extremely vast so it would greatly depend on where, but of the suggested locations (i.e. Ontario, Quebec) I tend to agree. Coming from someone who resides in the former, there simply isn't anything remotely Bondian or exotic when it comes to those locations, IMO. British Columbia is much more interesting though.
    A location I've always wanted to visit, and which has James Bond (or at least secluded Bond villainous hideout) written all over it, is the Chateau Lake Louise in Alberta. Quite picturesque and off the beaten path imho.
    4I7qsZI.jpg
    Wow, just wow...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Chateau Lake Louise is a gorgeous location. If B25 shoots there I'd prefer if they film outside winter months, as I fear it would give off too much of a Lake Altausee vibe.
    Chateau Lake Louise is a gorgeous location. If B25 shoots there I'd prefer if they film outside winter months, as I fear it would give off too much of a Lake Altausee vibe.
    That's so true. It reminds me very much of that section of SP.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Beautiful, and has one quality I want in Bond 25, vibrant color!
    talos7 wrote: »

I totally agree with this!
    +1 regarding the colour comments. Canada has a lot of diverse options. That lake is gorgeous.
  • TheBondComplexTheBondComplex Montreal
    edited October 2018 Posts: 2
    Quebec and Ontario have their charm and culture.

But seeing Bond chasing a Bad-guy during the St-jean-Baptiste parade would be surreal.
    Bond in a ski-doo chase across the st-laurence river with ice cracking and breaking. That's kind of cool acually.

I don't know. I'm curious about a Bond film being shot in Canada. Fleming's Bond did spend sometime in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal in the books. Fleming visited Quebec during WW2. So it's not something out of the ordinary for Bond to come to Canada.

Hell maybe they'll finally use Vivienne Michel as a Bond girl? (highly doubtful)

Depends where.

Nooooooo!!!
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Quebec and Ontario have their charm and culture.

But seeing Bond chasing a Bad-guy during the St-jean-Baptiste parade would be surreal.
    Bond in a ski-doo chase across the st-laurence river with ice cracking and breaking. That's kind of cool acually.

I don't know. I'm curious about a Bond film being shot in Canada. Fleming's Bond did spend sometime in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal in the books. Fleming visited Quebec during WW2. So it's not something out of the ordinary for Bond to come to Canada.

Hell maybe they'll finally use Vivienne Michel as a Bond girl? (highly doubtful)

There are many locations which could be beautifully shot in Canada and could provide the elegant Bond charm. I really hope we find out there is something to this
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    It's for his role in Knives Out, which starts filming next month.
    talos7 wrote: »

Well, that's due to the fotografer, isn't it? If shot like that foto, I wouldn't get a Lake Altaussee vibe at all, because in my mind the latter is connected to bleak light and mist.
    Well , from location, time of year, weather conditions, the director’s vision, choices made by the director of photography and many other elements, there are many factors that come into play concerning the look of a film .

Also, one has to be aware that a personal feeling about a given location cannot be projected onto the rest of the Worlds filmgoers; unless it’s an iconic locale , most will not have a preconceived feeling. The Director and his Director of Photography have a great deal of latitude to create their vision .
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    bondjames wrote: »
    I realize you're jesting, but if it must come to this, I'd prefer Diana Krall or Buble personally. Both Canadian.

I would love a David Arnold + Michael Bublé collaboration!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2018 Posts: 4,444
    With February 2020 release it wil be shame if tghere not use some of the weather conditions from some country's from July till December. Spain when it is cold and Germany when it is hot. Canada when it is snowing and hot. Mabey even a scene with a Christmis tree. Bond 25 end with Camile brings Bond a Christmisball for his empty tree and close up of the 007 ball hanging in tree end the movie, Camile: oh.. James..

Or somebodyeles send him another ball..

post-your-bond-xmas-gifts-mi6-community-regarding-007-christmas-ornament.png ;(
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Camile
    Yeah, the return of a Bond girl nobody ever cared about and nobody remembers seems very likely after 12 years...

Camile
    Yeah, the return of a Bond girl nobody ever cared about and nobody remembers seems very likely after 12 years...
    Yeah, that's what happens when you just don't get to fourth base ;) No home run for Camile :(
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Camile

So in that case there's no conflict to stop Camille from coming back. The audience won't know and don't care and will just see her as a new character.

She could even be Canadian. Sounds Canadian.

• SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Nobody cares about Camile? I do and I would be happy to see her back in a small part.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    Nobody cares about Camile? I do and I would be happy to see her back in a small part.

me too
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    peter wrote: »

me too

Me three.
    I like Camille, but I’d rather not see any past Bond girls or villains appear in B25. Still, I would rather see her again than Madeleine, who is quite average IMO. I’m hopeful we will get all-new villains and girls this time around. Other than Craig, the main MI6 staff, and hopefully Jeffrey Wright’s Felix, I’d prefer fresh faces. No SP 2.0 especially please.
    It's an interesting theoretical conversation I suppose, but I'm pretty certain she won't be in B25.

me too

Me three.

Me four!
    And recent picture of Olga at premiere of Terry Gilliams The Man who killed Don Quixote, she looks stunning!
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 1,261
    Is Vancouver not often used as a stand-in for New York?

And AFAIK, he did not have to do anything both with Adeles song and Smiths WOTW and only quite resistant incoroprated a bit of it in his score.
    Why he agreed to score a Bond move, and then not wating to incorporate both the Bond theme plus the theme song, is beyond me. It's like Star Wars without the John Williams' theme. JJ Abrams apparently offered Michael Giachhino to write the score for TFA, but Giacchino told him, he'd hrather have a SW movie with John Williams writing the score.
    Is Vancouver not often used as a stand-in for New York?

Yes, It is a very versatile location.
    Perhaps Bond 25 is 007 in New York
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 1,533
    Mathis1 wrote: »

me too

Me three.

Me four!
    And recent picture of Olga at premiere of Terry Gilliams The Man who killed Don Quixote, she looks stunning!

Arguably the best Bond girl of the Craig era after Vesper. Since we're possibly going to Canada, would it be too much to ask for Stana Katic to come back as Corrine?