The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    FoxRox wrote: »
    CR and SF are of course Craig's most popular two films, and I've often heard the FRWL (CR) vs. GF (SF) used on the two films. Once Craig's era is officially over, assuming Bond 25 doesn't quite reach this level of popularity, will CR or SF be his most beloved Bond film? While I love both and consider them among the series' best, CR holds the edge for me. 10+ years from now though, I am curious to see if CR or SF is the more popular film of his. What do you all think?

Forget SF, QoS is where is at.

CR is better than both though.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    QQ7 wrote: »
    CR and SF are of course Craig's most popular two films, and I've often heard the FRWL (CR) vs. GF (SF) used on the two films. Once Craig's era is officially over, assuming Bond 25 doesn't quite reach this level of popularity, will CR or SF be his most beloved Bond film? While I love both and consider them among the series' best, CR holds the edge for me. 10+ years from now though, I am curious to see if CR or SF is the more popular film of his. What do you all think?

This. Although, I think QOS is almost as good as CR.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Remington wrote: »

As I said, a script polish and better edit away from greatness

• BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Boyle's departure has created much discourse about Craig's overall legacy as Bond and I think a poll here quantifying the love/hate people currently have for him would be very interesting to see. (Anonymous, of course.) Is this possible? Or is it not practical since people will inevitably double vote etc?
    talos7 wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »

As I said, a script polish and better edit away from greatness

Exactly!
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 12,276
    Congratulations indeed, to a lovely couple!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Congratulations to Dan and Rachel, and may the little one have a long, healthy and happy life!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2018 Posts: 12,459
    A baby girl - congratulations to Rachel and Daniel! That's wonderful news indeed. :)
    00Heaven (nice one, Baz)

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Congratulations!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Didn’t realise the baby was due yet. Great news.
    I cant see that slowing B25 down ,if it is already scripted and ready to go once the bids are in place over the festival.
    According to KFTB 'Knives Out' will film in Massachusetts.
    Lakeith Stanfield Joins Daniel Craig & Chris Evans In Rian Johnson’s Murder Mystery ‘Knives Out’
    https://deadline.com/2018/10/lakeith-stanfield-daniel-craig-chris-evans-knives-out-rian-johnson-movie-1202478255/
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Cast for Knives Out is certainly shaping up nicely, really looking forward to it, think DC should be a great fit for this.

Evans & Stanfield are great editions, Stanfield is one of my favourites in Atlanta and his star seems rapidly on the rise and deservedly so.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 4,400
    Daniel Craig was spotted in NY with his new daughter yesterday. He seems to be growing out a goatee, which is probably in keeping with Rian Johnson's comments that his 'Knives Out' character is supposed to a modern take on Poirot.

5038334-6275065-Family_She_added_We_re_going_to_have_a_little_human_We_can_t_wai-a-18_1539575069929.jpg
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6275065/Daniel-Craig-plays-doting-dad-takes-one-month-old-daughter-solo-outing-NYC.html

Still he does look a little shattered. I imagine having a new born will do that to anyone.

Aside from that, 'Knives Out' sounds terrific. The cast is fantastic so far. I must admit to not being a big Rian Johnson fan. I thought 'Brick' was borderline unwatchable and 'The Last Jedi' was occasionally interesting. Mind you, 'Looper' was great.
    Did he take her to the gym?

Good habits start young I suppose.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    He does not look "ready" in that picture. I have to say I'm a little curious how he will handle a film, a new Baby and Bond 25 all in the next year or so. It's a lot more to take on than just SP was four years ago, and that had so many problems by itself.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll save my opinion for after the initial Knives Out trailer - I'm not a fan of Rian Johnson but the cast is great.
    Glasses.................shorts on the outside of his leggings......reminds me of Superman. Well that role seems to be up for grabs.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    So around 4.5 months until filming on Bond 25 begins? Has Knives Out started filming yet?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    It starts shooting in November
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Daniel Craig was spotted in NY with his new daughter yesterday. He seems to be growing out a goatee, which is probably in keeping with Rian Johnson's comments that his 'Knives Out' character is supposed to a modern take on Poirot.

5038334-6275065-Family_She_added_We_re_going_to_have_a_little_human_We_can_t_wai-a-18_1539575069929.jpg
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6275065/Daniel-Craig-plays-doting-dad-takes-one-month-old-daughter-solo-outing-NYC.html

Still he does look a little shattered. I imagine having a new born will do that to anyone.

Aside from that, 'Knives Out' sounds terrific. The cast is fantastic so far. I must admit to not being a big Rian Johnson fan. I thought 'Brick' was borderline unwatchable and 'The Last Jedi' was occasionally interesting. Mind you, 'Looper' was great.

Head to twitter to see piers morgan being himself.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    DCisared wrote: »

UGH. I'd honestly like to punch Piers Morgan on the nose. And then he'd have to suffer the indignity of having had his nose broken by a girl.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    DCisared wrote: »

UGH. I'd honestly like to punch Piers Morgan on the nose. And then he'd have to suffer the indignity of having had his nose broken by a girl.

There isn t much dignity to lose anyway.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Piers Morgan is irrelevant. He's always been.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,312
    Craig is still the man, and still Bond. Two things Piers Morgan will never be.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Hey @ToTheRight, that was your 7,007th post and it was beautiful.