What country would you like to be the MAIN location for BOND 26?

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Getafix wrote: »
    I imagine a lot of African countries are not the easiest places to film in though - lots of logistical challenges.

Very true but the pay off is somewhere bond and film in general hasn't been for a while
    We saw EON pull out of India which has a huge indigenous film industry so imagine how much tougher Africa will be. It would be great tho.
  • gemlocations007gemlocations007 London, UK
    Hotel-Du-Cap-Eden-Roc-Luxury-Dream-Hotels-21.jpg Eden Roc Hotel located at the southern tip of Cap d’Antibes would be a great location.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This would be an awesome place for the Villain's lair

http://unusualplaces.org/aogashima-island/

• echoecho 007 in New York
    Main location: Japan - the colourful bustling cityscapes of Tokyo or Osaka, the castles, volcanoes, mountains, temples. I would think Japan is both the perfect and obvious choice.
    Other major locations: South Africa or Sri Lanka for some kind of street chase and a bit of sunshine.
    PTS: Australia/NZ - there are plenty of perfect backdrops in both countries, and given that our accents aren't usually considered exotic enough you could have a chase scene with minimal dialogue, hence PTS.
    Canada is another country that surely must be visited soon.

How about a skiing scene in NZ?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I would like to see a Bond film back in South America. Argentina (Buenos Aires in particular) would be great. Presumably The Falklands situation has prevented this thus far, but I would hope an arrangement could be made.

Alternatively Spain. Barcelona in particular.

Or even Czech Republic (Prague) or Hungary (Budapest).
  • DikkoHendersonDikkoHenderson Daniel Craig at the plastic surgery clinic- "Gently my friend Gently... THAT'S NOT BLOODY GENTLY!!"
    edited January 2018 Posts: 50
    USA: Denver Colorado
    Canada: nova Scotia
    Brazil (the favvelas - shed a light on the problems there)
    USA: Return to Las Vegas and Circus Circus
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 1,661
    I don't know if this has ever been shown in a film:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-44597730

_102202490_mareeman.jpg

Bond could be on a mission and he flies past that location. It may not have any bearing on the plot but it would give the producers a reason to film in Australia. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    India, with all its beautiful fjords.
    India, with all its beautiful fjords.

:))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'd love to see Bond explore Singapore. With all the futuristic architecture, the design team would have their work cut out for them. Bond could chase someone through the 'Rainforest Lumina' at the zoo. I get a 'Scaramanga's funhouse' vibe from that. Some large underground caves there too, perfect for a traditional villain's lair. I don't think the country has been seen a lot on film - another reason why it seems a good fit for Bond.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Singapore would be absolutely superb.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I'd still like to see Eastern Europe (Poland, perhaps) and some actual spying.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I would like to see France. When was the last time bond even went there
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2018 Posts: 12,459
    Main location - France. Oui!
    Give us Cannes film festival as a backdrop, Mont Blanc, St. Tropez beach, and the stunning Mont Saint-Michel. Throw in old abandoned church, the underground sewers as a trap/maze, and lots of cheese. Seriously, I love French cheese. Then I'd be quite happy. :)

Visit to: Croatia, New Zealand, London (oh yes) and PLEASE Japan.
    But main location in France is overdue and would be awesome.

1985?

France? Only thing to say to that, is:
    tenor.gif
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,443
    Croatia
    Spain
    Indonesia
    Poland
    Belgium

Luxembourg, Ireland and Wales. We get enough France Bondgirls and Mi5 take place in France. Also there won the WK cup.

Sam Smith videoclip there filmimg in Spain. I think Germany (Berlin) and i hoped Spain wil be used in Bond 25. Whyle remours tell other wise, limited use of London.

If there can film Bond 26 in or around Qatar.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Having been to Singapore last year, I would love to see Bond in this awesome country. Beautiful architecture and scenery. Could be a wonderful back drop for an Eastern inspired Bond film. And as @QBranch says, not exploited on film very much, so still has a unique feel.

France was last used in GE I believe. Though I'd prefer an unused European country over France. Denmark or another Scandinavian nation. Even a return to Greece perhaps.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,291
    Wouldn't mind seeing Bond visiting Scandinavia. Sweden or Denmark perhaps. Norway won't happen, as filming here is way to expensive. Of course, they filmed for Mission Impossible: Fallout on Preikestolen, but that was only for a few days.

Those scenes they took in Norway is doubling for India (!).
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 693
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 1,661
    I was watching Ch 5's reality show Celebrity 5 Go Caravanning and the celebs were in Cornwall. Disc jokey Tony Blackburn did a long zipwire jump and I thought the location could be worth using in a James Bond film.

Adrenalin Quarry:

Bond is chased by villains and escapes. They shoot him as he zips down or perhaps Bond is chasing someone down the wire. I think this has major potential for an action scene. The location is picturesque. If a scene were filmed on a blue sky, hot summer's day I think it could double for another location - South America, Africa, etc.

adrenalin-quarry.jpg

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Cornwall is actually featured in DAD, first when Bond comes ashore in the PTS and Graves' diamond mine (Eden Project).
    It is about time we get Down Under in the 007 chronicles.
    How about Canada? Nothing of interest happens there. So it would be the perfect hideout for a villain.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yeah, Canada would be great, or Singapore - or even that place down under. And in future, if they're after an Aussie villain, then look no further than myself, or @Benny.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 157
    New Zealand, Norway,Australia, South Africa , Canada ireland and Japan
  • ThunderballsThunderballs Brighton, UK
    I'd like to see Bond in Israel/Palestine. There's lots of potential there for interesting plotting - geopolitical tensions, Mossad agents, cities both ancient and modern, the desert, the Dead Sea.

I can imagine Bond taking cocktails in Tel Aviv, or a chase through Jerusalem's walled city, or having to survive being stranded in the Judean desert with only Dead Sea water to drink (it's toxic).
    Norway, obviously.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited April 2020 Posts: 6,730
    Not really a country, and I don't know if I'm repeating myself, but Bond really should go on a long trip to Buenos Aires at some point.