What country would you like to be the MAIN location for BOND 26?

Comments

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,165
    South Korea. Not only is it in vogue right now with the Hallyu-wave, but it seems a long time coming for another Asian set Bond movie. Shanghai barely counted in SF, and DAD shouldn't be our only Korea representative.

Plus, we could have our first K-Pop Bond theme. BTS? Red Velvet? Brave Girls? :D
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Finland.
    South Korea!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Singapore. It was mentioned on screen, in TND, by M: "..our Singapore station
    picked up a mysterious signal..". Perhaps have a Univex branch there. The locale is coloured with futuristic architecture and lush forests. There is enough variety to spend a good portion of the film there.

87226524.cms
  • I think it’s time to return to Brazil. Moonraker was a longggg time ago.

Agreed, I think it’s well deserving of a second look but with a director with some freshness that can bring the colour (literally and figuratively) to life. More Fukunaga and Less Glen.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    This is a nice topic to think about.
    I just got Norway ... finally! And Italy, which I always love.

I would enjoy seeing Greece. Or Portugal.
    As main location, and Switzerland as a side trip (snow!)
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Wherever they go in B26, both skiing and/or scuba diving/sub aquatic action are WAY overdue... #-o
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I can do without the scuba, snorkeling action scenes.
    Snow skiing, I always enjoy. But that's just me.
    It's always nice to have a contrast in locations.
    AceHole wrote: »
    Wherever they go in B26, both skiing and/or scuba diving/sub aquatic action are WAY overdue... #-o
    Definitely. Been hanging for a great underwater sequence - such a missed opportunity for Dan's Bond:

51661024934_13c3782cc4_o.jpg
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,165
    QBranch wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    Definitely. Been hanging for a great underwater sequence - such a missed opportunity for Dan's Bond:

51661024934_13c3782cc4_o.jpg

There’s just no time to dive…

*twang*
    Minion wrote: »
    There’s just no time to dive…
    Exactly! It pretty much writes it itself.
    Minion wrote: »
    *twang*
    OR

*kerplunk*
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    I can do without the scuba, snorkeling action scenes.
    Snow skiing, I always enjoy. But that's just me.
    It's always nice to have a contrast in locations.

Perhaps you are thinking too much of TBs slow subaquatic sequences. I'm talking more along the lines of the underwater action à la LTK or FYEO... even TND.
    I have missed that kind of stuff.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Brazil is not bad suggestion.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 7,500
    I agree that Brazil is a good shout. Rio with stellar cinematography is spectacular. I have also missed some more exotic touches in modern Bond, so a venture into the Amozonas rain forest would be fun. It is also a significant area in these climate change times.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2022 Posts: 4,416
    Insteed of discus locations you whant only, i whant trow country you mabey expect in to the mix.

Mabey we should expect: Germany (Spectre) and Argentinië (NTTD)

Argentinië have two links with The Netherlands, link with Mexico there have symbol in there flag and speak Spanish. Argentinië have link with Germany and Austria. England have link with Argentinië sort of have link with The Netherlands and can be motivation where Blofeld hide in Swizerland in OHMSS, this time it can be Argentinië.

Sort of i hope/expect French talking in NTTD whas idea for preparing us for German talking inspecialy (and mabey some Spanish). Always liked it that this none English parts (Starts of in SF and SP) be big inpiration from X-men First Class where (half German/English actor play German Jewish Magneto) chacter speaks German and French in movie.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    This is a nice topic to think about.
    I just got Norway ... finally! And Italy, which I always love.

I would enjoy seeing Greece. Or Portugal.
    As main location, and Switzerland as a side trip (snow!)

I was just thinking Greece too; very beautiful of course, an interesting culture and centre of industry.
    I also think a film set in a more realistic version of modern India would be good too.
  • Exotic London. It's hardly ever used as a Bond location!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think they did enough of it in Skyfall though.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Eon'll never do it, but Argentina.

Barring that, either Brazil (Brasilia?) or Peru or maybe Patagonia.

South America has been underrepresented in the Bond series.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well it had Quantum and LTK relatively recently.
    I wish they could go somewhere really exotic again. I know it will cost more to film in crowded areas with underdeveloped infrastructure, but I think it would be worth the extra money. I'd love a return to India. South Korea would be great too. Or perhaps somewhere in the Middle East, like Jordan or Lebanon. My highly unrealistic dreams are Nepal, Iran or even Jerusalem.
  • slide_99slide_99 USA
    All-new locations, please.
    Australia
    Poland
    Singapore
    Mongolia
    Antarctica (or a stand-in)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Clean break from recent eras and their films. Focus on East and South Asia consider Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan (if that's politically possible), Micronesia, Marshall Islands.

• Stay away from Italy (over exposed), China (don't need any potential headaches where the slightest thing could cause offence) and London (except for the obligatory briefing scenes).
    echo wrote: »
    Eon'll never do it, but Argentina.

Barring that, either Brazil (Brasilia?) or Peru or maybe Patagonia.

South America has been underrepresented in the Bond series.

I've been championing for Buenos Aires, myself. Patagonia would be nice, too.
  • I'd like Bond to go back to America.
  • KenAustinKenAustin United States
    I don't know if there can be a "MAIN" location anymore, he moves around so much chasing the villains...but I wouldn't mind seeing him in Malta, the Mediterranean has almost as much appeal as the Caribbean does.
  • GustavGravesGustavGraves Ukraine
    edited January 2022 Posts: 15
    Ukraine of mine. Seriously, our beloved Bond have visited almost every major locale in the World. Save for us. Even Bond fan such is Nolan flirts with the idea (PTS of Tenet in Kyiv opera I mean). Even not the main, I do consider the struggle, yet just briefly would do fine, and Bond tries always to stay relevant to current times, so there.
  • GustavGravesGustavGraves Ukraine
    Apart for Ukraine, I would love to see something among the lines of South Africa, Russia, Belarus (current political climate in the last two), France, Gibraltar, Argentine, Brazil, Malta, Andorra, Japan, Venezuela. Did Bond ever been to Canada btw?

We have overload of Italy, Turkey, Jamaica, ofc Jamaica is the second home of Fleming and of Bond, yet we have enough nostalgia in the last film alone, not speaking of the whole Craig tenure, they should be swept under the rug just for a bit, just like DB5 overdose.
  • KenAustinKenAustin United States
    Apart for Ukraine, I would love to see something among the lines of South Africa, Russia, Belarus (current political climate in the last two), France, Gibraltar, Argentine, Brazil, Malta, Andorra, Japan, Venezuela. Did Bond ever been to Canada btw?

We have overload of Italy, Turkey, Jamaica, ofc Jamaica is the second home of Fleming and of Bond, yet we have enough nostalgia in the last film alone, not speaking of the whole Craig tenure, they should be swept under the rug just for a bit, just like DB5 overdose.

Well England still has a lot of sovereignty in the Caribbean which makes it easy to explain in the stories, and well Italy is just ripe for the taking, one more outbreak of the common cold and that country just might fold so I'm sure it is super cheap to film there LOL