Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @LeonardPine, just finished season five earlier, as well! About to start episode three of season six. I was really digging the plot boiling further and further in season five, but was a bit upset to see:
    The entire sarin gas detonation attempt in Berlin resolved within five minutes of the season finale. The finale itself was still good, I just didn't expect it to wrap up so damn quick.

Yeah agreed @Creasy47 it was also nice to see the CIA finally get a few wins!

Looking forward to season 6

I quite enjoyed season six, thought it had some great twists and turns and the ending had some grand implications for what was to come. Actually started up season seven a few minutes ago, got a break from work so why not? Going to be upsetting when I finish this and have to wait however long for the final season, though.
    One episode left of 24 Legacy to go!!!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Westworld Season 2 episode 8, that was brilliant arguably the best episode so far.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,297
    Currently watching some episodes of It Takes a Thief on Youtube. Very entertaining!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Last episode of Westworld season 2 was awful, I'll be surprised if this gets to a fourth season, despite a few good ideas the overall writing was quite poor.
    Last episode of Westworld season 2 was awful, I'll be surprised if this gets to a fourth season, despite a few good ideas the overall writing was quite poor.

Yeah the whole season felt convoluted for the sake of being convoluted, as if they had to one-up the eagle eyed viewers and Reddit folk alike. I hope we get something that's more straight forward yet just as mysterious next season. Did you see the post-credits scene?

And I agree on episode eight, Kiksuya is one of the best TV episodes I've ever watched. Beautiful, mesmerizing, and such a roller coaster in the emotions department. Damn good stuff.

Yeah the whole season felt convoluted for the sake of being convoluted, as if they had to one-up the eagle eyed viewers and Reddit folk alike. I hope we get something that's more straight forward yet just as mysterious next season. Did you see the post-credits scene?

And I agree on episode eight, Kiksuya is one of the best TV episodes I've ever watched. Beautiful, mesmerizing, and such a roller coaster in the emotions department. Damn good stuff.

It came across as a muddled mess ultimately and not particularly clever, any reveals did not feel like reveals as everything seemed very obvious. Its a shame episodes 8 and 9 won me back over though episode 10 was so badly executed.
    William being constantly shot has become ridiculous.
    Agents of Shield finale season 5.

Enjoyable as always as far as I am concerned. Roll on the next season!!!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Probably not till next year. ;)

Although, they started shooting the first episode already. Sadly, the season is cut to 13 episodes rather than 22-24.

I need to catch up think I am on episode 16 now, I'll have to have a binge watch day it's been a good season so far.

It came across as a muddled mess ultimately and not particularly clever, any reveals did not feel like reveals as everything seemed very obvious. Its a shame episodes 8 and 9 won me back over though episode 10 was so badly executed.
    William being constantly shot has become ridiculous.

Right? I've never liked the whole flash forward idea in a premiere, just to slowly retrace steps and show us how we got there like season two did. It just immediately reveals big moments of the story that I'm now awaiting for the entire season. Hopefully they tweak that motif come next season.

Although, they started shooting the first episode already. Sadly, the season is cut to 13 episodes rather than 22-24.

You never know what may develop between now and then?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

You never know what may develop between now and then?
    I hope you’re right. I’d love to see the show spawning more seasons and more Phil Coulson.
    Mrs Fischer Murder mysteries and it is quite an enjoyable show with a strong female lead and a great ensemble cast around her. My wife is really in love with the costumes especially the leading lady her frocks and whatnot.
    Rewatching True Justice on Netflix.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Voltron: Legendary Defender

Season 7 just debuted today, and I'm sadly finished with it. Now the wait until season 8.
    Godless, a western themed netflix miniseries starring Jeff Daniels.

Searched something to watch to get my western fix before rdr2.

I recommend it. Though it might be a bit slow paced for some people.
    Krypton episode 1 early days though the show is presenting several ideas, a good start.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Currently watching Sharp Objects, 4 episodes in and I'm enjoying it, great atmosphere and direction and of course Amy Adams is mesmerising as Camille.

Also Clarkson and Czerny doing great work, love is set up, some serious dollar been spent on that audiophile package.

Another example of music being integral to the piece.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,297
    Just began rewatching BBC's The Game. I really enjoyed it when I watched it the first time, and I'm curious to see if it's just as good on the second viewing.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Finishing up a rewatch of M*A*S*H, after recently buying the complete series on DVD. It's a trip I still love taking.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Anyone watch Mayans MC?
    Just finished watching BBC's The Game. A really enjoyable rewatch; the series was just as good as the first time I watched it – possibly even better. Shame they didn't choose to make a second series.
  • Bodyguard: Brilliant TV . I could see Keeley Hawes as a future M.
    While listening to some scores and theme songs from a few 60's TV series on Youtube this weekend, I stumbled across a video from a 1967 TV series called Coronet Blue. Anyone seen it? Haven't heard about it before, but the plot seems interesting enough.
    Finally got around to watch the first season of Daredevil.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,395
    The Avengers Return of the Cybernauts

cyber2b.jpg

I always looked out for the Cybernauts episodes as a kid probably my favorite villains from the series. This episode has the great Peter Cushing.

Diana Rigg is absolutely gorgeous in this...
    avengers%2Brigg7.jpg
    MV5BMjA5MjEwODU1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzk0MzA5NTM@._V1_UY268_CR9,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

The Dragon Prince - Netflix

If you're a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender or shows similar to it, this is right up your alley. It follows two princes and an elf girl as they protect the last dragon egg in centuries. It has Avatar's quirky sense of humor and writing and an interesting cast of characters (all save the main villain, but with only one season so far, that'll hopefully change).

The only thing that may put you off is the animation style. It's 3D CGI animation rendered in cel-shading, but the problem is the stuttery frame rate, which was done so as to emulate 2D animation. It's a little jarring at times, especially as it mainly comes into play during dialogue scenes. The fight sequences are fluid as can be, and look beautiful. Luckily, either the eye adapts to this or the animators simply lessened it as the season progressed, as by the season finale, everything looks smooth and crisp.

At just nine 25 minute episodes, it's not a show that'll take you a long time just yet, but it's an interesting experience. As I said before, fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender should give this a look-see.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,492
    The Sopranos

My first rewatch of the series ever, might be even better than the initial viewing now that I knew what to expect and what tiny moments to look out for and appreciate further. The closing moments of the series finale never fail to bring up a massively wide array of emotions for me - I love it and think it says all it needs to say about what happens once the credits roll. One of the all-time best shows right here.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited September 2018 Posts: 8,038
    Like a good chunk of the population, I'm enjoying Bodyguard on BBC. Twists and turns and cinema-worthy production values galore. Very slick.

nintchdbpict000358247536.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=1200&h=800&crop=1

Recently finished the second season of Ozark on Netflix. A solid sophomore season that builds on the characterisation of the first, even if the overall arc isn't as gripping. Every episode has at least one stunningly executed moment, be it a death or scene of emotional realisation, and the cast are all excellent. Laura Linney especially.

ozark_0-1140x650.jpg

Also burned through Jack Ryan this week. Overall, a well-done opening season despite some minor gripes. It's not very Clancy, but it's very fast-paced and enjoyable. Krasinski makes a good Ryan, and the eight episodes means the season has no filler whatsoever.

tom-clancy-s-jack-ryan-jr_102_14202.1.fnl.lg_rgb_wide-14e5b50869cf73bac89c422e97c5c343ec5efd18-s800-c85.jpg