No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited September 2018 Posts: 1,318
    Wait, so no one has puzzled together Peter and Colonel Sun are most likely one and the same person, or Peter and his wife, his right and left hand? They seem to know each other awfully well, plus they have signed out at exactly the same time? The amount of self victimisation I read every time in their posts reeks of the purest form of narcissism. Let alone the claims they happen to know all kinds of insider information. You're on a forum pal, who do you want to impress? I don't trust it one bit. Someone please Contact Bond for his next mission, to find out what the hell is going on.

*waves at 'Peter' who is probably lurking in the shadows still until his grand return within the next 24 hours*
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think I missed something, JasonBond had 2 accounts?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Wait, so no one has puzzled together Peter and Colonel Sun are most likely one and the same person, or Peter and his wife, his right and left hand? They seem to know each other awfully well, plus they have signed out at exactly the same time? The amount of self victimisation I read every time in their posts reeks of the purest form of narcissism. I don't trust it one bit. Someone please Contact Bond for his next mission, to find out what the hell is going on.

Stirring the pot we could level the same criticism at yourself, I don't know you could very well be another posters alter ego here to downplay those with actual knowledge., It's happen before as I illustrated and I wouldn't be surprised if it's happening still or will happen again.

I happen to know they are separate people and @peter is as genuine as they come as is the @Colonel but you choose to enter into the fake news Trump phase that is your perogative and the some of us will treat it with the contempt it deserves.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I've been away and come back numerous times, admitted because I've bitten on some of forum members comments and back myself into a corner with my childish responses.

I don't have a problem admitting when I'm wrong although my last spat was with a past member now banned due to creating two accounts and deliberately being an excrement stirrer.

Some of you gullible lot fell for his BS, looking back on all the fawning over jasonbond006 and is alter ego andre makes me want to reach for the sick bucket. So some of your judges of character I question and also the ability not be able to see a bare faced liar when you see one.

Looking back over the rubbish those 2 used to spout and the way it was lapped up, I'm not even sure if he was ever a Soldier and even if he was is that the behaviour of someone who is given the responsibilty that he supposedly had?

Yet people will fawn over a narcissistic attention seeker like that yet treat the likes of @ColonelSun, @peter & @RC7 with contempt and distrust.

Certain members here have nowhere the knowledge they present and likely pour over the internet looking for things to impress others with, they appear to live in a bubble of MI6 and treat it like Twitter, the amount some post I can't see how they can have much of a life outside of the forum.

The upshot of that is they think they have a rule over the forum and like to shout others down, there is an element of jealousy here. They'd love to have the knowledge that our fellow posters who are genuinely part of the industry have and because they can't add anything that tops those people's measured, generous and informed posts they attack it and call it into question as sitting in your mothers basement tapping away at your keyboard is a lonely place and when you've constructed a life around a Bond forum and someone comes along that clearly knows more than you and it doesn't truck with your constructed view of things you attack it.

You can tell those that have stood on the shoulders of others who've done the work and presented it here to get a verbal handjob of those that lap it up and those that are genuinely informed.

Yes of course we get passionate and disagree but there is a point when you have to realise that you are just a fan and are getting your knowledge from the internet when there are those here that genuinely know what they are talking about and don't have to but choose to enlighten us with their insight into the process.

No one here is entitled to be here more than the next person and things get heated and out of control at times and some of us explode, it's fine to disagree and passionately so that's what make us fans although sometimes some here have a better insight into things and it's time they were respected and not shouted down because it doesn't fit your agenda.

The passive aggressiveness on here is at times shouting like a megaphone for those at are atuned to it, dropping something into the discussion, stirring it about and then watch BS hit the fan as their agenda infects the thread.

Anyway I'm sure they'll be those who'll say I'd rather come here and talk about Bond with fans and not have industry types disagree with my opinion as it's better that way for them as they can then entertain the hyperbole that is caused when ever a new Bond film is greenlit.

I'll just leave this here and wait for the usual suspects to pounce on it.

This! Never posted much but I have been around here for quite some years. It's no longer something I like to spend my time on. Cheers!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Regrettably. I had my suspicions when another Swiss colleague of his passed away under mysterious and sudden circumstances. They were just suspicions though. He was a fun member, despite whatever he had going on which motivated such behaviour. Controversial and provocative, but fun nevertheless.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Regrettably. I had my suspicions when another Swiss colleague of his passed away under mysterious and sudden circumstances. They were just suspicions though. He was a fun member, despite whatever he had going on which motivated such behaviour. Controversial and provocative, but fun nevertheless.

Wow. I completely missed all of this. I thought Jason was a bit of an odd individual and we had our differences but then we both dropped any "beef" we had and just got on with things but I was complete unaware of his antics. How long was his subterfuge going on for?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883

Wow. I completely missed all of this. I thought Jason was a bit of an odd individual and we had our differences but then we both dropped any "beef" we had and just got on with things but I was complete unaware of his antics. How long was his subterfuge going on for?
    I can't remember everything but he had an alter ego called AndiReugg. Jason was apparently very ill and had some operations and what not - that's what we were told here - I didn't buy it but can't say for certain. I just ignored all the drama because as mentioned, I had twigged onto something when a previous colleague of his passed away (apparently) many years back. I think his username was lordbrett.

There's way too much drama here now as well imho. Hopefully we get some news to get everything back on track. Once the director is announced I'm sure things will start moving quickly.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 1,318
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Wait, so no one has puzzled together Peter and Colonel Sun are most likely one and the same person, or Peter and his wife, his right and left hand? They seem to know each other awfully well, plus they have signed out at exactly the same time? The amount of self victimisation I read every time in their posts reeks of the purest form of narcissism. I don't trust it one bit. Someone please Contact Bond for his next mission, to find out what the hell is going on.

Stirring the pot we could level the same criticism at yourself, I don't know you could very well be another posters alter ego here to downplay those with actual knowledge., It's happen before as I illustrated and I wouldn't be surprised if it's happening still or will happen again.

I happen to know they are separate people and @peter is as genuine as they come as is the @Colonel but you choose to enter into the fake news Trump phase that is your perogative and the some of us will treat it with the contempt it deserves.

So now we have a left hand, a right hand and something in the middle doing the work? I'm just mucking about, but yeah, you never know and it's all quite 'coincidental' as of late.
    I can't remember everything but he had an alter ego called AndiReugg. Jason was apparently very ill and had some operations and what not - that's what we were told here - I didn't buy it but can't say for certain. I just ignored all the drama because as mentioned, I had twigged onto something when a previous colleague of his passed away (apparently) many years back. I think his username was lordbrett.

There's way too much drama here now as well imho. Hopefully we get some news to get everything back on track. Once the director is announced I'm sure things will start moving quickly.

Sounds almost like an episode of Catfish, where people often claim to be sick, validating their behaviour. Disgusts me, truly.
    Wait, so no one has puzzled together Peter and Colonel Sun are most likely one and the same person,
    I have a couple of weeks ago, but I thought it would be pointless to mention it since I have absolutely no proof.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Seriously, enough with the drama. This thread is about Bond 25. Any off topic chatter beyond this post will be removed.
    Wait, so no one has puzzled together Peter and Colonel Sun are most likely one and the same person,
    I have a couple of weeks ago, but I thought it would be pointless to mention it since I have absolutely no proof.

You are just illustrating my point Panchito yet you are so wrapped in your own little world that this suits you to think this.

For the record they aren't the same person but if suits you to think that who am I to persuade you different.

AndiReugg? I definitely missed a lot then. Don't recognise the name at all. In any case you're absolutely right, too much unnecessary drama going on often leading to personal attacks and making the overall atmosphere here uncomfortable. Hopefully we'll get some additional official news to at least distract us from any hostilities.
    Colonel Sun talks the most sense about Bond than I've heard in a long while. I hope you will return and keep up the voice of reason.
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    Colonel Sun talks the most sense about Bond than I've heard in a long while. I hope you will return and keep up the voice of reason.

+1
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    They are zeroing in on mostly fresh up-and-coming directors
    From Sam Mendes and Danny Boyle to an unknown director. The press tour next autumn will be brutal. I hope EON is prepared.
    They are zeroing in on mostly fresh up-and-coming directors
    From Sam Mendes and Danny Boyle to an unknown director. The press tour next autumn will be brutal. I hope EON is prepared.

Not unknown in the film industry and the media, my wise and well informed friend. There is a push for fresh talent now, it's happening all over the place, so Eon won't have to worry about that at all, in fact it may prove to be a very smart move, if they go that way.

And the member who suggested @Peter and @ColonelSun (me) are one and the same, well, I suggest that person might need to have their head examined. Peter has his voice. And I have mine.
  • I like the sound of an up-and-coming director.

Fussy prestige directors aren't really my cup of tea. They are mostly suggested by people with limited cinematic appetites who feel that every big-budget film should be directed by Christopher Nolan or someone of that ilk.

Remember, there was time when even Nolan was an up-and-comer who someone took a punt with on the Batman franchise. I'd rather find a hungry creative voice who had something to say.

@ColonelSun ave you heard any more word on Yann Demange? Is he the favoirite of the final three?

also when do you think we'll likely get an announcement of Boyle's replacement?

Can we all just keep on topic here?
    I like the sound of an up-and-coming director.

Fussy prestige directors aren't really my cup of tea. They are mostly suggested by people with limited cinematic appetites who feel that every big-budget film should be directed by Christopher Nolan or someone of that ilk.

Remember, there was time when even Nolan was an up-and-comer who someone took a punt with on the Batman franchise. I'd rather find a hungry creative voice who had something to say.

@ColonelSun ave you heard any more word on Yann Demange? Is he the favoirite of the final three?

also when do you think we'll likely get an announcement of Boyle's replacement?

I do know Eon were very impressed with Yann Demange when he met them. So, if I was to bet, I'd say he has a good chance of getting hired. We will know very soon, I'm sure.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2018 Posts: 4,416
    Media whant fames name as directer, in the meaning of fames movie name on Danny Boyle level. I expect Apted whas ask in 1998 because of ''Nell'' and there be some talks in 2000 there whant him back for Bond 20. Campbell possible because the movie he made in 1994. Lee Tamahori because Once of Warriors and mabey Barbara said to Cubby in 1993 or 1994 that she liked Campbell movie.

Who is low or medium priced high in Papers or magazines, is stil possible to look with offline eye. Since 2004 i think it dificult ignored this. Is fair to say there only ask Boyle because of Trainspotting and 28 days later. A lot of media talk about Trainspotting and Slumdog Miljonair.
    There is a push for fresh talent now, it's happening all over the place, so Eon won't have to worry about that at all, in fact it may prove to be a very smart move, if they go that way.
    Hiring a female director is a smart move as long as that female director is talented and can handle the pressure that comes with directing a big budget movie.S.J. Clarkson does not fit the bill.
    Yann would definitely would be where the smart money is at the moment although I hear Bart Layton due to American Animals critical acclaim is gaining traction.

I've not seen AA so can't comment but it definitely sounds an intriguing film, any word on this possibility @ColonelSun?

I'd be more than happy with Yann just on the strength of 71'.

I'm thinking that EON knows they have to deliver in light of Boyle leaving and the negative press that was bought on by that, I think like DC took all the negativity when shooting CR and channelled it into giving us a performance that blew people away.

Sorry to be Mr questions just one more do you know anything around this confusion over who wrote the script, the last statement from MI6 seems to suggest Hodge & Boyle were actually polishing P&W's script and not presenting a original script as purported.

It now says that someone is polishing the script that P&W wrote & H&B polished with additions that EON have asked for, can you clarify this situation @ColonelSun please?

Just like to say some us very much appreciate yours and @peter and other contributions from industry forum members.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Media whant fames name as directer, in the meaning of fames movie name on Danny Boyle level. I expect Apted whas ask back in 1998 because of ''Nell''. Campbell possible because the movie he made in 1994. Lee Tamahori because Once of Warriors and mabey Barbara said to Cubby in 1993 or 1994 that she liked Campbell movie.

Who is low or medium priced high in Papers or magazines, is stil possible to look with offline eye.

Look, I'm Dutch like yourself but I honestly cannot comprehend anything I just read. No disrespect, but I'm just saying.
    So i bugger off from here for 14 hours and @ColonelSun and @peter have gone ?!

Arnt we all fighting for the same thing ?
    Opinions are fine,i have them ,everyone does,but dont shoot down members who voice something you dont like .

And when i saw members accusing other members of duplicate accounts,i mean come on !!
    Peter and Colonel Sun ?? Really ???

Its a loss to the whole site that these members have gone,who have a genuine insight into Bond films as they progress,but i'm not surprised.

I'm not going anywhere....and my opinions will STAND.

Right,back on topic as the mods mentioned :

Yann as director for me.
    There is a push for fresh talent now, it's happening all over the place, so Eon won't have to worry about that at all, in fact it may prove to be a very smart move, if they go that way.
    Hiring a female director is a smart move as long as that female director is talented and can handle the pressure that comes with directing a big budget movie.S.J. Clarkson does not fit the bill.

Some said the same thing about Patty Jenkins and she ended up making a big budget; much more critically acclaimed and more entertaining movie in WW compared to what we got with SP. Save for a difference of $60M they made the same amount of money at the BO.
    Layton is a wild card. He apparently came out of nowhere to this list and from what I've read has writer credentials too. He may be the guy.

Demange has certainly been on the radar for some time but they haven't pulled the trigger yet for some reason.

Some said the same thing about Patty Jenkins and she ended up making a big budget; much more critically acclaimed and more entertaining movie in WW compared to what we got with SP. Save for a difference of $60M they made the same amount of money at the BO.
    Patty Jenkins had already directed Monster, a critically acclaimed, Academy Award winning feature film when she was hired to do WW. SJ Clarkson has never directed a theatrically released movie.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Patty Jenkins doesn't wear Social Justice Warrior spectacles, though. That's why she succeeded.

Patty Jenkins had already directed Monster, a critically acclaimed, Academy Award winning feature film when she was hired to do WW. SJ Clarkson has never directed a theatrically released movie.
    That's a big risk then, especially if Bond will be the first. I'm not saying she can't do it, but it's a risk.

EDIT: My understanding is that she is known for her character focus. Presumably a Hodge script has interesting characters. So this may be what drew them to her. Additionally, I have read that she has done a decent job with the action on Jessica Jones (I've not seen this). If true, this may also be another consideration.

That's a big risk then, especially if Bond will be the first. I'm not saying she can't do it, but it's a risk.

Directing top end and high budget TV requires a huge skill set. Eon need a director to step up (fast) and take over a production which is already well advanced in terms of script, production design, tight schedule, and potential casting re: established characters, etc.. That is what top-end TV directors do. That is their skill set. Join the dots, and see where it leads.