No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited September 2018 Posts: 12,242
    QBranch wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I would love to see some aquatic action going on in Craig's finale. He got a little bit with SF, but I'd love to see some more.
    True, and trying to save Vesper too. On the whole, Craig's Bond has pretty much stayed on land - not much aerial action either, although SP alone somewhat made up for that, I guess.

Right. Had a couple of those aerial moments in SP, and the one in QoS as well. Aerial I could take or leave for Bond 25, but aquatic I'd particularly love to see return. There was the one bit near the end of SP with him on the boat, and also the motorcycle/boat bit in QoS, but they both were very short-lived.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    QBranch wrote: »
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Coolest thing I saw all week, but that rubber strap is a big no.
    I kinda like it. I could see him wearing blue fins and scuba mask to match like in TB- that would be a nice touch. Seeing Craig's Bond get some 'come and dive' action is near the top of my wish list.

Couldn't agree more, diving and watches are my main hobbies (I wonder who was the influence). :D

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Roland Emmerich’s ‘Midway’ Stakes Out James Bond 25 Release Date
    https://variety.com/2018/film/news/midway-release-date-james-bond-25-1202928415/

Should Bond 25 keep its original release date it will be in direct box office competition with 'Midway' and 'Sonic the Hedgehog' in the US.

nnlrafulz5701.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog will barely break even and Midway doesn't sound like a big budget blockbuster.
    JET007 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    He really was underwater? Wtf

Crazy, right? Given how much he ‘hates being Bond’.

Oh, yeah, his so devoted he's even willing to get wet. Tom Cruise eat your heart out.

There’s a distinct difference. DC is devoted to being Bond. Tom Cruise is devoted to being Tom Cruise.

+1

+2. Enough with Craig's bashing.

Oh, yeah, his so devoted he's even willing to get wet. Tom Cruise eat your heart out.

There’s a distinct difference. DC is devoted to being Bond. Tom Cruise is devoted to being Tom Cruise.

When does Daniel Craig play James Bond in any of his films?

Have you ever read Fleming's novels?

He doesn't - that's why each one ends with a "and now here's the man you know from the movies, but so far we showed you the real Bond - the one from the books" scene

Fixed that for you.

Q5NnBt9.png
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I think I´m lost. What thread are we in again?

My only problem with DAD is that I feel the ending drags on too long (though not as much as TWINE's, the whole submarine fight has to be my least favourite Bond climax of them all), but I actually enjoy the rest of the movie, even the campiest and silliest part.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Walecs wrote: »
    Roland Emmerich’s ‘Midway’ Stakes Out James Bond 25 Release Date
    https://variety.com/2018/film/news/midway-release-date-james-bond-25-1202928415/

Should Bond 25 keep its original release date it will be in direct box office competition with 'Midway' and 'Sonic the Hedgehog' in the US.

nnlrafulz5701.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog will barely break even and Midway doesn't sound like a big budget blockbuster.
    The cast has my attention. I'll be seeing it certainly, but I'm not sure if it will be on opening weekend.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Is it likely there will be a filmed advertisement of this? Seems like quite a lot of work for a print ad, as water can easily be photoshopped in afterwards.

Google translate does really help answer that, but seems something is coming at the end of the month.

"#DanielCraig anticipates his return to #JamesBond's tuxedo for the new communications campaign celebrating the 25th anniversary of the @omegawatches Seamaster Diver 300 and its new versions #OMEGAWatches --- To be discovered in late September."

Is that a video camera or a DSLR underwater in the third photo?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

James Bond Live tweeting again. Update within the hour.
    OOOOO
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    This should be good!

Meaning they will post an article on MI6-HQ summarizing the news and rumors of the past two weeks. Don't expect anything new.

Meaning they will post an article on MI6-HQ summarizing the news and rumors of the past two weeks. Don't expect anything new.

That crystal ball of yours again! Very impressive.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just getting back here. What's changed?
    Soooo ... I see.
    ~ Barbara and Michael will not make any more Bond films after Bond 25.
    ~ EON surprisingly has the final say over cast decisions in this next Bond film.
    ~ Daniel has not, shockingly, played James Bond at all in any of his films (I am stunned, I tell you).
    ~ All directors on the new short list apparently are still second to any "big name" director that wants to hop in any hot second (EON on the edge of their seats biting their nails).
    ~ Bond was former SAS (but not really, only on some unpublished sheet).
    ~ Sonic the Hedgehog film will go head to head with Bond 25 release date.
    ~ Daniel bravely took the plunge while making a commercial for a watch.
    ~ And Hinx will probably not return. Whew!

What has not changed is the now sadly predictable cycle of vitriol, wild speculation, and rabid frothing while spraying silly string stream of consciousness posts.

I won't miss Hinx, and I think that may be the true. Won't lose my sleep over anything I've read recently. I'm quite reassured about Hodge's script; that matters.

Yeah... probably nothing too new to report. Best to keep hype down.
    It's proving difficult to maintain any form of optimism when there's a non-stop avalanche of negativity, regardless of whether it's understandable or not.

Seriously?

Ok, just for you:
    Meaning they will likely post an article on MI6-HQ summarizing the news and rumors of the past two weeks. Don't expect anything new.

Seriously?

Ok, just for you:
    Meaning they will likely post an article on MI6-HQ summarizing the news and rumors of the past two weeks. Don't expect anything new.

Much better. Thanks. Likely true, too.

But nevertheless, I remain optimistic.

Is it likely there will be a filmed advertisement of this? Seems like quite a lot of work for a print ad, as water can easily be photoshopped in afterwards.

Google translate does really help answer that, but seems something is coming at the end of the month.

"#DanielCraig anticipates his return to #JamesBond's tuxedo for the new communications campaign celebrating the 25th anniversary of the @omegawatches Seamaster Diver 300 and its new versions #OMEGAWatches --- To be discovered in late September."

A campaign could of course mean video content as well. Just found all this equipment and the divers really much for a print only campaign. Will be interesting to see what they've worked on!

A campaign could of course mean video content as well. Just found all this equipment and the divers really much for a print only campaign. Will be interesting to see what they've worked on!

They definitely filmed it as well. I'd say it'll do the rounds on social media.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Just getting back here. What's changed?
    Soooo ... I see.
    ~ Barbara and Michael will not make any more Bond films after Bond 25.
    ~ EON surprisingly has the final say over cast decisions in this next Bond film.
    ~ Daniel has not, shockingly, played James Bond at all in any of his films (I am stunned, I tell you).
    ~ All directors on the new short list apparently are still second to any "big name" director that wants to hop in any hot second (EON on the edge of their seats biting their nails).
    ~ Bond was former SAS (but not really, only on some unpublished sheet).
    ~ Sonic the Hedgehog film will go head to head with Bond 25 release date.
    ~ Daniel bravely took the plunge while making a commercial for a watch.
    ~ And Hinx will probably not return. Whew!

What has not changed is the now sadly predictable cycle of vitriol, wild speculation, and rabid frothing while spraying silly string stream of consciousness posts.

I won't miss Hinx, and I think that may be the true. Won't lose my sleep over anything I've read recently. I'm quite reassured about Hodge's script; that matters.

+1 Thank you.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Getafix wrote: »
    really not necessary.

plus in Craig Bond universe he seems to have become ex-SAS rather than ex Navy.

they could have at least made him SBS.

M's written obituary of Bond said otherwise. When CR came out the official website basically featured a dossier of Bond's credentials that were practically word for word out of Fleming, the only changes adjusting Bond's record to fit more with the present time instead of being a WWII vet.

I think the "SAS type" came from Vesper's guesses, when she was trying to read what kind of a man Bond was. She didn't guess all the details right.
    We need fresh blood running EON. Also I'd side with Craig over studio execs any day of the week!
    Up on Mi6 right now:

"The script by John Hodge, which was a re-working of a draft completed by long-term series stalwarts Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, is now being touched up again with changes being made to reflect the wishes of the producers and Daniel Craig.

Over at Pinewood Studios, sets are being constructed to the original timetable and plans. All efforts are being made to land a director in time to keep the production schedule intact."

Now this is interesting, and good news (?).
    Univex wrote: »
    Up on Mi6 right now:

"The script by John Hodge, which was a re-working of a draft completed by long-term series stalwarts Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, is now being touched up again with changes being made to reflect the wishes of the producers and Daniel Craig.

Over at Pinewood Studios, sets are being constructed to the original timetable and plans. All efforts are being made to land a director in time to keep the production schedule intact."

Now this is interesting, and good news (?).

Sure is. I'm happy they are pushing forward.
    YES! Hodge's story (somewhat) remains. So apparently though... Hodge did indeed work on a draft by Purvis and Wade? I thought it was an original... huh.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    @peter & @ColonelSun pretty much on the nose I'd say but hey don't take any notice of that just invest in wild silly conspiracy theories from MI6's resident nut job.
    John Hodge, which was a re-working of a draft completed by long-term series stalwarts Neal Purvis and Robert Wade,
    This rumour again... If this is true, why weren't P&W mentioned in the May press release?
    According to the original timetable, filming should begin on December 3. If they haven't moved the filming start date at all, that probably means they will begin with filming the scenes that do not require Daniel Craig, right?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883
    FoxRox wrote: »
    YES! Hodge's story (somewhat) remains. So apparently though... Hodge did indeed work on a draft by Purvis and Wade? I thought it was an original... huh.
    If I'm not mistaken, their very own previous announcement said it was original. Interesting.

Let's see where they are in a month or so on this director thing. They have schedules to keep, sponsors/promotional tie ins to satisfy and a 50% partner who needs a hit, and that will (**should**) provide ample motivation to get it done.
  • Definitely surprising I was under the impression it was an original screenplay as well. But good, optimistic report.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    @peter & @ColonelSun pretty much on the nose I'd say but hey don't take any notice of that just invest in wild silly conspiracy theories from MI6's resident nut job.
    Excuse me, but as far as I know, nobody here has ever disputed the cold hard facts that were provided by @peter and the colonel. What I attacked was their knowledge of the inner workings of the film industry. It has literally never happened that they wrote something specific about Bond 25, and I (or anyone else here) disputed it. So please stop spreading false information.
    So, an original ideia by John Hodge inserted into an original P&W draft now touched up by...probably P&W again.

Sounds like Bond business as usual, script wise.

They definitely filmed it as well. I'd say it'll do the rounds on social media.

Let's hope so!