Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm taking a wild guess here (not a spoiler as i know nothing, but read at your own risk) :
    Mackenzie Davis is basically the new Kyle Reese, send back in time for protection. The Girl on the left is the new Target, possibly the mother of the future resistance leader? Or it might be her himself.
    The fact that the new "bad" Terminator is also Mexican only makes that more obvious. You would want to send a killer who can blend in around the target.
    And Linda is just coming along for the ride, due to her extensive experience. She's probably hiding out in Mexico anways.
    Will be interesting to see how she gets involved in all that. Probably Mackenzie will recruit her.
    I bet Arnold will only have an extended cameo here, similar to Ford in BR2049, you will not see him for a while.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    There is a chance Arnold will also be playing a human who's genetic material was used for the T-800's biological covering.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    talos7 wrote: »
    There is a chance Arnold will also be playing a human who's genetic material was used for the T-800's biological covering.

So, Master Sergeant William Candy will be back?
    Lol. possibly, although that character was not from the “Cameron Timeline “. This is said to be a direct continuation of T2, so he may be rSergeant William Candy, or a similar donor.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Well anything is possible,
    But would it really make sense to bring Arnie back if he doesn't even play his most iconic role? Thats too much of a risk i think. You already have a cast consisting only of women, so you need to be reliable with Arnie imo.
    He and Linda will be the big draw to this movie and i want to see their relationship after T2, or at least Lindas relationship with Terminators. Because right now i have no idea which model Arnold will play, since all his T800's got destoryed in the old movies.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 7,889
    Concerning what role(s) Arnie will play, number of possibilities have been tossed around; he could be the human template, or as in Genisys , a Terminator who's outer flesh has aged. I do think we will see an in it's prime T-800 but it will be a CG creation. The one done for Genisys was not bad but Cameron will want better. I know that a bodybuilder was hired to play the terminator on set.
    it's also possible that Arnold may play a human and a Terminator.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Concerning what role(s) Arnie will play, number of possibilities have been tossed around; he could be the human template, or as in Genisys , a Terminator who's outer flesh has aged. I do think we will see an in it's prime T-800 but it will be a CG creation. The one done for Genisys was not bad but Cameron will want better. I know that a bodybuilder was hired to play the terminator on set.

Or maybe he plays himself, and the Terminator was based on Arnold Schwarzenegger.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Or maybe he plays himself, and the Terminator was based on Arnold Schwarzenegger.

In the future, Skynet AI is a really, really big fan of Commando.

And Kindergarten Cop.

And Kindergarten Cop.

This is some nice thinking outside of the box. :D
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2018 Posts: 4,415

Terminator: The Last Stand aka Terminator Last Girl Woman Standing

Terminator 3 prequel where she search to her killer and she can't do it alone and she only trust her self.
    Pay back (in) Time / ill be (go) back :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Coming soon to a direct to video bargain bin. =))
    Murdock wrote: »

Exterminator 6: Nebula
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

Exterminator 6: Nebula
    :))

---

Regarding Arnold, he was said to be appearing both as T800 and the human incarnation of the character the Terminator is based on. I don't think they'll be going with his Foghorn Leghorn character from the third film but rather - from what I think - on a former counter-terrorist unit operative, Dieter von Rossbach, which apparently joined forces with John Connor in the future according to the novel T2: Infiltrator.

The reason stated for copying Dieter was that Skynet was looking in the old military files for someone whose body could effectively conceal the Terminator's massive endoskeleton.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I want to see the T - 800 on the The Running Man TV show.

Regarding the new photos I will remain open minded, it's good to see Linda Hamilton Back that's the hook for me.
    A couple of things that come to mind while looking at the new still: While I'm not gay, I feel compelled to say Mackenzie Davis is a good-looking young man. And it's good to see Kevin Bacon's career is still going strong after all these years.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mattjoes wrote: »
    A couple of things that come to mind while looking at the new still: While I'm not gay, I feel compelled to say Mackenzie Davis is a good-looking young man. And it's good to see Kevin Bacon's career is still going strong after all these years.
    =))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    sebastian-shaw-1.jpg?w=600&h=274

Kevin is just a bit greyer now than he was.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,686
    Just read this fan-theory on Reddit from user waltershausen:

'John Connor from T1 is not the same John Connor from T2.

You can't create your own birth. John 1 sent Kyle Reese back in T1. He gets a little handsy with J1's mom and 9 months later out pops a little boy. "Oh shit, this must by John." says Sarah Connor. It's not. That's stupid and impossible. So John 2 grows up being told he's the savior of humanity. Turns out he's actually a little shit. He's a burnout druggie by T3 unfit to lead anyone. In fact, by Salvation he hasn't done anything worthwhile, and no one believes he's important outside of his small group of rebels. By Genisys he literally is turned into a Terminator and becomes the villain.

Skynet succeeded in the first movie. Just by interfering in Sarah's life they diverted her from the course that led her to J1's father. She birthed J1's half brother, J2 and unknowingly gave up on having the real John.'
    That sounds so plausible I´m baffled I didn´t think of it before.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I mean, it's kinda what happened in T3 and Salvation. It's not even a theory, it's pretty much what happened.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The problem with this being that Genishyt ignores T3 and Salvation and shows a completely different meeting between John and Kyle. This would all work if not for the fifth movie ignoring the (vastly superior) third and fourth movies.

Looking good Arnie
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    v8eb65m4ino11.jpg
  • Wow!! Thanks for sharing that!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Terminator 6 has wrapped up production today.
    Terminator 6 has wrapped up production today.

Great!
    Taking another look at that lovely Foto above of Linda leaning on Arnie gives me such a good vibe. I really would love them to have worked with a very good script indeed, they deserve it.
    Behind-the-scenes video of The Terminator (2019):

RIP, Andy Vajna.