Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The new installment is now filming, here's a photo from social media showing off Linda Hamilton during filming:

Linda-Hamilton-Terminator-6-Fan-Photo.jpg?w=963
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The new installment is now filming, here's a photo from social media showing off Linda Hamilton during filming:

Linda-Hamilton-Terminator-6-Fan-Photo.jpg?w=963

It's difficult to know how this new film will turn out, I'll remain open minded though surely this is last chance saloon, especially as Cameron is involved again and if he can't salvage the series it needs leaving alone for a long while.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Linda Hamilton actually looks pretty good in that pic. The last time I saw her was on SyFy's Defiance and she didn't look that great. Could've just been really good make up though.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Slightly Spoiler-ish:

Looks like the Movie will have flashbacks to Terminator 2:
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/terminator-off-set-pics-tease-the-connors/

In theory not the best idea, as Genisys messed that up pretty badly,
    but with Cameron involved i'll give them one last chance to do it right.
    Doesn't inspire too much confidence; hopefully they put a lot of time into that CGI. It bugs me after a while they keep wanting to do new installments, but always feel the need to revert to the first two movies to some degree to continue things, as they're the only worthy entries in the series. Just try something fresh with an all new set of characters. Some new victims, a new Terminator - whoever that Brett guy is, just have him play a new Terminator without being a young Arnie stand-in.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Doesn't inspire too much confidence; hopefully they put a lot of time into that CGI. It bugs me after a while they keep wanting to do new installments, but always feel the need to revert to the first two movies to some degree to continue things, as they're the only worthy entries in the series. Just try something fresh with an all new set of characters. Some new victims, a new Terminator - whoever that Brett guy is, just have him play a new Terminator without being a young Arnie stand-in.

I am pretty confident from what i read so far that the flashbacks will be kept to a minimum.
    They will in no way be the center of the movie.

What i could see happening for example would be the movie starting with the final scene of Terminator 2 just to hook you right in, and have that emotional connection. Maybe one or two scenes of Sarah and John moving on from the events of T2.

But after that i think the movie will go into something else entirely. I have some ideas of my own and I'm rather excited of what they will come up with.

Cameron would not sign off on fluff garbage, not with Terminator i think.
    Good; the less, the better. I just really want another great Terminator installment and I fear it'll never happen. Hopefully this one surprises me.
    Are they doing what they're doing with Halloween, and ignoring the sequels? (in this case, everything after T2)

That sounds great- essentially making it a Cameron Trilogy. One question: if this is after T2, how does Arnold come into play?
    Are they doing what they're doing with Halloween, and ignoring the sequels? (in this case, everything after T2)
    Thats the premise, yes.
    That sounds great- essentially making it a Cameron Trilogy. One question: if this is after T2, how does Arnold come into play?
    Well, its supposed to be the Start of an entirely new trilogy... as were the last 3 :))

Very good question about Arnolds return, I have no idea, and neither do we know how big his role in fact will be.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2018 Posts: 15,686
    Linda Hamilton on set of The Terminator (2019)

Sarah_Connor_Terminator.png
    00Agent wrote: »
    Thats the premise, yes.
    One question: if this is after T2, how does Arnold come into play?
    Very good question about Arnolds return, I have no idea, and neither do we know how big his role in fact will be.

One clever thing about Genisys was having the Terminators skin age, and Arnold’s T-800 had been there many years. Nobody thought twice about Arnold’s return because that made perfect sense.
    But ‘Uncle Bob’ definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, died in T2. And it was even necessary from a story standpoint.
    So unless another Terminator comes back in time and interrupts Sarah, John & Uncle Bob at the steel mill, then I have no clue how Arnold can be involved.

BUT I’m excited to find out, and Linda looks fantastic!
    Don't be party poopahs :P
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited July 2018 Posts: 7,854
    Hard to poop on a party that genishyt itself in the sequel/reboot badly enough to require another sequel/reboot.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    00Agent wrote: »
    Thats the premise, yes.
    One question: if this is after T2, how does Arnold come into play?

One clever thing about Genisys was having the Terminators skin age, and Arnold’s T-800 had been there many years. Nobody thought twice about Arnold’s return because that made perfect sense.
    But ‘Uncle Bob’ definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, died in T2. And it was even necessary from a story standpoint.
    So unless another Terminator comes back in time and interrupts Sarah, John & Uncle Bob at the steel mill, then I have no clue how Arnold can be involved.

BUT I’m excited to find out, and Linda looks fantastic!
    YES!! Amazing, in fact!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Happy 71st birthday to Arnold Schwarzenegger!

Arnold-Terminator-1.gif
    arnold-schwarzenegger-gif.gif?w=620&h=330&crop=1
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I guess I'll be there when it happens. Haven't seen a really good Terminator film since the early 90s though. The comics, several of which are actually great, have been serving as a warm blanket between then and now. I rather dug Salvation and sort of wished they had done something more with that, but they threw that "series" in the bin. GEN, despite all it had going for it, left me frozen like an ice cream snack. So forgive me for being not quite as enthusiastic for this new film as I probably should be. :)
    @DarthDimi have you read Terminator Salvation: The Final Battle?

It has some GREAT moments. Look at this: when John sends the T-800 back in time (for what becomes Terminator 2)

termdidgood.jpg?itok=ERk3OPj-
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2018 Posts: 7,969
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I guess I'll be there when it happens. Haven't seen a really good Terminator film since the early 90s though.

Bond isn't doing much better. Not if it weren't for Martin Campbell anyway....
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I rather dug Salvation and sort of wished they had done something more with that, but they threw that "series" in the bin.
    Same. I yearn to see more of the future war as it looked in the first two films - right down to the blue lighting and ominous electronic music.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Neither am I. It's an even worse first look than Genisys produced with those cringey Entertainment Weekly images. Honestly looks like a low budget TV show they're working on just from that shot, but I won't shoot the entire production down just yet over one image.
    Haha, that's funny what you write about feeling, because that's exactly what I felt upon seeing that image: nothing.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,686
    Why in the name of all that is holy did they decide to release an official image over 15 months before the film comes out? I understand they have to build interest, but with such a long way to go, at least give yourself more time to come up with official poster/picture that actually looks good and not done in a hurry using photoshop.
    So is Mackenzie Davis playing
    A young Sarah Connor from 1984?
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,813
    @TR007 I read somewhere way back that she's just a future soldier. Sorry I don't know more :/

*edit: but here's a close up of her scar makeup. I don't know however if she's a future soldier that came back through time (like Reese) or if they're actually IN the future by now. But it almost looks like she was dissected while she was still alive!! :-O

mackenzie-davis-terminator-set-04.jpg
    There must be something going on with her, given all those weird lines across her chest and arms.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Isn t that just scarification?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    In the Terminator TV show Skynet kidnapped and experimented on human beings, perhaps something akin to it will happen in the movie.
    @TR007 I read somewhere way back that she's just a future soldier. Sorry I don't know more :/

*edit: but here's a close up of her scar makeup. I don't know however if she's a future soldier that came back through time (like Reese) or if they're actually IN the future by now. But it almost looks like she was dissected while she was still alive!! :-O

mackenzie-davis-terminator-set-04.jpg

Ahh! Thank you for this. I was looking at the promo image on my mobile and now that you mention it I can see the scars on closer inspection. That's pretty interesting. Do you think she might be a Terminator hyrbid?

One of my issues with the series is that they use the T2 blueprint on every movie now; One bad terminator and one good terminator. I'd love to just see bad terminators from hereon out. But if Arnie is back in this one then surely he's playing the good terminator?