Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Yes with his enemies exploding into little lego pieces. :)) It happened in Lego Star Wars.
    Excellent. :)
    TR007 wrote: »
    Splinter Cell was originally a Bond pitch?
    Yep!!

Good lord, that's profoundly depressing. To think what might have been. . .
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,399
    its hard to believe that for the first time in almost 30 years, we are in the middle of a full generation of consoles without a Bond video game.. i know SNES had James Bond Jr - not sure if Sega Genesis had anything.. but obviously beyond that we got the N64 with GE, TWINE - PS1 with TND, TWINE, 007 Racing.. GC and PS2 and XB with AUF, NF, EON, GE:RA, FRWL... Wii with GE, then XB360 and PS3 with QOS, BS, GE:RL and 007L... and now with current consoles............. nothing............... for almost 8 years, no Bond game - hard to believe it's been that long.. it's kind of depressing....
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @haserot James Bond The Duel was on Sega platforms.

Yeah, it's seriously disappointing and truly baffling. They don't even need to come up with new stories, just pick any previous Bond film and closely follow it. And to think there's so many talented people out there making games in their own homes who are actual Bond fans... It is obvious that EON need some fresh blood in their game/art departments.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A Lego Bond game? Look, I want a Bond game as much as the next person, but Lego games don't float my boat.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Between a TellTale game and a Lego game, I'd gladly take the Lego. At least the player character is controllable. Unlike TellTale's interactive movie tactics that I despise to no end.
    Shame that Telltale drifted away from its adventure game roots. I played several of their older games and enjoyed them.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    A Lego Bond game? Look, I want a Bond game as much as the next person, but Lego games don't float my boat.

007 Legends would've been fun as a Lego game - they could've possibly gotten the rights to use more levels, even used the likenesses (legoized of course) to all the previous Bond actors and their respected movie levels... in hindsight, i would've prefered 007 Legends this way..
    Between a TellTale game and a Lego game, I'd gladly take the Lego. At least the player character is controllable. Unlike TellTale's interactive movie tactics that I despise to no end.

i know in years past i've said that i would prefer a studio like Ubisoft to take up a new a Bond game.. but the more i watch and play the current run of Hitman.. i wouldn't mind if Square Enix take a stab.. and they theoretically wouldn't need to create a brand new engine for it either.. just take the one they use for Hitman and broaden it a little to include a little bit of driving and/or flying if needed.
    The Legends concept would be fun as a TT Lego game indeed. Given the amount of playable characters included in their previous movie adaptations, we could have a cast of playable characters from all the Bond canon!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Gummy wrote: »
    The Legends concept would be fun as a TT Lego game indeed. Given the amount of playable characters included in their previous movie adaptations, we could have a cast of playable characters from all the Bond canon!

A Lego Bond game would have also used archival audio, only bringing in new cast members where needed. It would have worked far better than the detractors want to believe.
    I would put money on the next game being LEGO and coming out next December
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 235
    TR007 wrote: »
    Splinter Cell was originally a Bond pitch?

The game was suppose to be a sci-f shooter called The Drift. Then they changed the idea to a James Bond rip off. Then they wanted to create a Metal Gear Solid 2 killer so they created Splinter Cell using ideas from Thief and Metal Gear Solid. Also when they were making the Drift Sam Fisher name suppose to be Buster as well.
    I am going to say two things that I know I am gonna G̲e̲t̲ a ton of heat for but meh

1. I honestly believe there is more to 007 Solstice (from telltale) then meets he eye and perhaps it will come out this fall perhaps not
    2. I would prefer a telltale game over a LEGO game
    3. If all we get is a LEGO game I won’t be happy but I suppose it’s better hen nothing
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I honestly believe there is more to 007 Solstice (from telltale) then meets he eye and perhaps it will come out this fall perhaps not.
    Solstice is a James Bond comic book. You've been had if you believe that rumor was genuine.
    Maybe so but the fact that Ubisoft has been talking about a new splinter cell game but hasn’t shown anything for 2 consecutive e3’s makes me wonder if there is more...

It’s grasping at straws but meh
    There will be more. They ensured that.
    Maybe so but the fact that Ubisoft has been talking about a new splinter cell game but hasn’t shown anything for 2 consecutive e3’s makes me wonder if there is more...

It was a big disappointment for me not hearing about a new Splinter Cell after they had a Ghost Recon DLC and bunch of leaks as well.
    I am going to say two things that I know I am gonna G̲e̲t̲ a ton of heat for but meh

1. I honestly believe there is more to 007 Solstice (from telltale) then meets he eye and perhaps it will come out this fall perhaps not
    3. If all we get is a LEGO game I won’t be happy but I suppose it’s better hen nothing

I love the narratives that Telltale games have... but i more or less feel like i am watching an animated film, and having the occasional interaction with it..

for a Bond game - for me personally - i want to BE Bond.. i want that freedom of movement... plus if it's not LEGO, then i would prefer something looking a little more realistic - and not comic book / cartoon looking.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Mazouni wrote: »

It was a big disappointment for me not hearing about a new Splinter Cell after they had a Ghost Recon DLC and bunch of leaks as well.

Same here. The only reason I watched E3 was for a Splinter Cell announcement.
    Watch out for Comic-Con.
    Recently got a PS2 (not a typo) for a birthday present, so I've re-acquired Agent Under Fire and Everything or Nothing! I'm a little rusty on AUF, but so far so good on EON!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    JET007 wrote: »
    Recently got a PS2 (not a typo) for a birthday present, so I've re-acquired Agent Under Fire and Everything or Nothing! I'm a little rusty on AUF, but so far so good on EON!
    Cool! I remember getting a PS2 (the smaller version) for Christmas '08. It came packaged with God of War 2. Then I quickly started collecting all the Bond games. Never played EON on PS2 though, only on Xbox.
    HASEROT wrote: »

I love the narratives that Telltale games have... but i more or less feel like i am watching an animated film, and having the occasional interaction with it..

for a Bond game - for me personally - i want to BE Bond.. i want that freedom of movement... plus if it's not LEGO, then i would prefer something looking a little more realistic - and not comic book / cartoon looking.

They are basically interactive films, but I don't think that's a bad thing since they're not selling them as anything more (they're cheaper than a normal game). I've played The Walking Dead and I thought it was really good.

The other thing to remember about a Telltale Bond game is that it wouldn't stop someone else coming along and making a more traditional one. They've made a Batman game but the Arkham games still come out. There was a Walking Dead fps game that came out between Telltale seasons. They don't really seem to actually own the entire video game rights to any of the properties they use. So I don't see why so many have an issue with them doing one, since it wouldn't stop any other companies from also having a go if EON let them. If anything it'd be a cheap way of proving to EON that there's still money to be made from the video games.

First off they kind of ruined the story making Double Agent. That really made Splinter Cell go in a different direction. In my opinion the franchise would be really good today if they kept the story and gameplay like the first three Splinter Cell. Lambert lying to Sam Fisher about his daughter being killed then Fisher kills Lambert really hurt the franchise. To be honest I was shocked they made another Splinter Cell after Convcition I thought there was nothing left after that since Lambert is dead plus third Third Echelon is gone plus at the end of Conviction Fisher tells Grim he is done.
    I disagree conviction and blacklist were both really good
    Blacklist was good. Conviction was a garbage.
    I disagree conviction and blacklist were both really good

Conviction was really bad I thought. Blacklist was a lot better then Convection but the only thing I did not like about Blacklist I felt it had some Conviction parts to it. In my opinion Blacklist was trying to please everyone with adding all the different playstyle. Ghost is more for old for people who enjoyed the first four Splinter Cell,Panther is more for people who enjoyed Conviction, and assault was more for people that like go in all gung ho. My favorite Splinter Cell is Chaos Theory. I guess I'm just more of a fan of the older Splinter Cell since I got into Splinter Cell around 2004.
    Different strokes for different folks
    Conviction is a solid game but for fans of the original SC games, it was a step down. But it didn't stop it from having some decent gameplay and story and graphics. Blacklist was good but if the rumors are true about Ironside returning, then the next one should be amazing
    Different strokes for different folks