Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

RIP Lewis Gilbert! Thank you for the wonderful 007 memories you gave us all!
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 70
    Does anyone know where I can get ahold of the character models and weapons seen in the EA Bond games? I would personally love to get ahold of the weapons from console Nightfire and the FRWL character models (someone has already got Sean Connery, but nothing else)

It is possible (pic isn't mine)
    27912986_905672936259299_7381883377972220574_o.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=11998142b6d04726bd57f129a25a1e54&oe=5B30404B
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maxim.com/.amp/gear/n64-classic-mini-console-2018-5

Maybe with people playing the original goldeneye and the world is not enough people will be more interested in creating bond games again
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Super Mario Kart, GE and TWINE? Yeah I'd buy that day one no question.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The 007 games are movie tie-in licensed products, so I'm afraid that won't come to fruition.

Remember when there was a rumor to bring GE64 to the Wii when many N64 games came out on that platform?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ahh, well then I'll pass. That's going to be one of the main titles pretty much anyone purchasing such a console will look for.
  • mgeoff88mgeoff88 At a nice safehouse in Rome... Erm... Bay Area, CA
    edited June 2018 Posts: 50
    I would love to see a AAA James Bond game be released for PS4 and Xbox One. The only news we have had of a new JB game in recent years, was the supposedly "leaked" image of the TellTale 007 game, "Solstice:"

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/6f4auc/telltale_james_bond_solstice_has_been_leaked/

But that was a year ago, and nothing new concerning that game has been reported. It's just a shame, because when a 007 video game is done right, it's a hell of a lot of fun.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 15,423
    As I said somewhere else, he (the leaker) must’ve heard the title from someone who worked in the entertainment industry. TellTale was never involved nor there was a video game in development.

Solstice is a one-shot James Bond comic book released in November 2017 by Dynamite Entertainment.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 3,000
    Going back to the N64 mini, I doubt that GE will be on it (though I can dream), but I do wonder if they could get TWINE. It isn't in the rights hell that GE is; EA is still in business and independently owned, unlike Rare having been taken over by Microsoft. They'd also need the clear from EON I'd imagine. I don't think it's impossible. Given that Nintendo is likely to try, and fail, to get GE on the N64 mini, they may go after TWINE as a consolation prize due to its many similarities.
    More of the same. The only thing is that Eurocom that developed TWINE on N64 doesn’t exist anymore, so it’s EA they will have to speak to and strike a mutual deal with Danjaq. Otherwise, that one isn’t happening either.
    Urrgh. These licensing issues are such a pain for us 007 gamers! I just want a new game. If I had the skills I would want to create at least some sort of GE64 parody with similar gameplay.
    You and I both, mate. You and I both.
    As I said somewhere else, he must’ve heard the title from someone who worked in the entertainment industry. TellTale was never involved nor there was a video game in development.

Solstice is a one-shot James Bond comic book released in November 2017 by Dynamite Entertainment.

There is just something about the whole thing that still has me wondering about the validity of the leak. The title is rather professional looking, and of all the developers he could have attached to the game, why TellTale? Why not attach another company to make it seem more legitimate?

Interestingly, back in 2014, the president of TellTale himself, said he would like to develop a James Bond game:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131102-Telltale-President-Would-Like-To-Make-a-James-Bond-Game

And looking at the survey itself, as someone who has taken surverys for video games (HITMAN, Jurassic World, CSR Racing 2, etc.), it looks very similar to the surveys I’ve taken.

I do know about the Solstice comic book, but my gut instinct tells me there is more to this.
    With the Xbox One now supporting original Xbox games thanks to backwards compatibility, hopefully we’ll see Nightfire, Everything or Nothing, and From Russia with Love make the list.
    I am hoping your right look I get Telltale is not everyone thing but to be bluntly honest as they seem to be the only company putting out Batman games yeah I would take a Telltale game in a heart beat perhaps the game wasn’t ready to show but now is...
    Maybe they wanted the comic book to come out first there could be lots of reasons why it got delayed for a year but if it happens while many will moan and groan I will just be happy about a new bond game.
    mgeoff88 wrote: »
    As I said somewhere else, he must’ve heard the title from someone who worked in the entertainment industry. TellTale was never involved nor there was a video game in development.

There is just something about the whole thing that still has me wondering about the validity of the leak. The title is rather professional looking, and of all the developers he could have attached to the game, why TellTale? Why not attach another company to make it seem more legitimate?

Interestingly, back in 2014, the president of TellTale himself, said he would like to develop a James Bond game:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131102-Telltale-President-Would-Like-To-Make-a-James-Bond-Game

And looking at the survey itself, as someone who has taken surverys for video games (HITMAN, Jurassic World, CSR Racing 2, etc.), it looks very similar to the surveys I’ve taken.

I do know about the Solstice comic book, but my gut instinct tells me there is more to this.
    That's where it came from. TellTale's founder/director said once they were interested, but nothing beyond that came about. The title is rather professional-looking, true. But, nowadays, anyone can do wonders with PhotoShop given the excessive tutorials available on YouTube and other sources.

Curve Digital's founder also expressed interest in making a James Bond game. But, to these companies, I doubt Eon will lend them the license. The last time they made a drastic effort with the video gaming license ended up putting a black mark on the license itself, that result being World of Espionage that didn't even last a year.

The leaker sold that image as part of some sort of an event he screencapped it from. It didn't gather any confirmation from Danjaq or TellTale, so it's as legitimate as flapdoodle. We would've known something by now.

Right now, Eon doesn't have any interest in putting the gaming license back into the market. Activision caused both Eon and MGM a great loss dating back to the marketing days of Blood Stone.
    A retro gaming store was having 30% off and I picked up Tomorrow Never Dies and 007 Racing for the PS1! It's been years since I played and I'm horrible at them now! This is how badly I need a new Bond game-I'm resorting to rebuying PS1 titles to get my fix! Still, it only cost $15!
    JET007 wrote: »
    A retro gaming store was having 30% off and I picked up Tomorrow Never Dies and 007 Racing for the PS1! It's been years since I played and I'm horrible at them now! This is how badly I need a new Bond game-I'm resorting to rebuying PS1 titles to get my fix! Still, it only cost $15!

I am in the same boat playing goldeneye and the world is not enough on emulator
    With the Xbox One now supporting original Xbox games thanks to backwards compatibility, hopefully we’ll see Nightfire, Everything or Nothing, and From Russia with Love make the list.

I would like that, but seeing as they were never added to the 360’s backwards compatibility list, I doubt they’ll be on the One’s.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 3,000
    Apparently in March of this year, the online servers for Goldeneye Wii in Japan were shut down. However, I can confirm they are still running and active in the US. I wonder how long until they’re taken down everywhere.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/27/goldeneye-007s-wii-servers-shutting-2018/
    That's where it came from. TellTale's founder/director said once they were interested, but nothing beyond that came about. The title is rather professional-looking, true. But, nowadays, anyone can do wonders with PhotoShop given the excessive tutorials available on YouTube and other sources.

Curve Digital's founder also expressed interest in making a James Bond game. But, to these companies, I doubt Eon will lend them the license. The last time they made a drastic effort with the video gaming license ended up putting a black mark on the license itself, that result being World of Espionage that didn't even last a year.

The leaker sold that image as part of some sort of an event he screencapped it from. It didn't gather any confirmation from Danjaq or TellTale, so it's as legitimate as flapdoodle. We would've known something by now.

Right now, Eon doesn't have any interest in putting the gaming license back into the market. Activision caused both Eon and MGM a great loss dating back to the marketing days of Blood Stone.

That's true about Photoshop, unfortunately. I did hear about the founder of Curve Digital wanting to take a crack at 007, but that didn't lead to anything. I'm into mobile gaming, so I ended up downloading World of Espionage... That was hands down the worst James Bond game I've ever played, if you could even call it a game.

There has been some situations in the past where something was leaked, and the company associated with the product went on to claim it was "fake," only for it to be revealed as legitimate later on. For all we know, the screencap of that survey was asking how gamers would feel if TellTale were to get the license to develop a 007 game, but TellTale didn't get the response they were looking for, so they decided to focus on another IP instead.

I do understand why EON is so hesitant about having the gaming license back in the market. I do. I've played all the James Bond games from Activision, and the only good 007 game out of them all was the Quantum of Solace tie-in (Xbox 360, PS3 versions), in my honest opinion. I have not played the Wii version of GoldenEye, which I heard was better than GoldenEye: Reloaded (strictly a port with HD graphics). If EON were to give the game license to a game studio known for developing AAA games, we would get AAA James Bond game that would sell like hotcakes. That would be a win-win for everyone.

I would like that, but seeing as they were never added to the 360’s backwards compatibility list, I doubt they’ll be on the One’s.

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent was backwards compatible. The other games may have not made the cut due to issues with the Xbox 360's emulator.

I'm actually considering buying Quantum of Solace, just so I could play it on my old Xbox 360.
    "The rumor actually goes deeper than that.

It was for LEGO Dimensions Year 2, but they pulled out at the last minute, leaving LEGO to find another spy thriller which they did with Mission Impossible.

Bond returned to LEGO realizing that they should have participated but it was too late to be put in Dimensions so LEGO actually pitched them a full Bond video game. It was pretty charming actually, a little sad they didn't do it. They'd have so much material to work with."

I still don’t get how a bond video game is this bloody hard to get off the ground but a LEGO Bond game is as good as anything I suppose
    It's not the first time a company would pitch a Bond game concept to EON and the latter would turn it down. One of the most famous instances of this was Splinter Cell, pitched to Danjaq in 1998, but got rejected instead.
    Splinter Cell was originally a Bond pitch?
    TR007 wrote: »
    Splinter Cell was originally a Bond pitch?
    Yep!!
    Well with LEGO sets happening I bet we will get a bond LEGO game Christmas 2019
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Well with LEGO sets happening I bet we will get a bond LEGO game Christmas 2019

Better than nothing I suppose. Those games are very fun. I'd be down
    I’m not familiar with LEGO games. Would a LEGO Bond be likely to feature any shooting?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yes with his enemies exploding into little lego pieces. :)) It happened in Lego Star Wars.