'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

• edited May 2018 Posts: 5,774
    Other news : River Song is going to meet the Master(s) :

doctorwhonews.net/2018/05/river-song-versus-masters-for-big-finish.html

image.php?pid=26046

Still, Eric Roberts ? At least, with Michelle Gomez, we know it's not going to be dull.
    Shame its only audio,would have been great to see it in action.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    They're not using the Alex McQueen Master? Afterall, he is Big Finish's own Master.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Not Dr Who but on bbc radio player there are some Torchwood radio plays .
    First view of the Thirteenth Doctor in the comics :

FCBD-Doctor-Who-13th-debut.jpg?q=35&w=800&h=903&fit=crop

https://cbr.com/doctor-who-13-comic-book-debut/
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,105
    Doctor Who TV Movie Documentary.

A fascinating insight into the development of what would eventually become Doctor Who TV Movie
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Over 500 classic episodes from the 26 seasons of classic Doctor Who will air worldwide on the live streaming video platform Twitch from May 29th to July 23rd

Fans will be able to watch adventures from the first seven Doctors – from 1963’s An Unearthly Child to 1989’s Survival – while chatting live to thousands of other viewers around the world.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/classic-doctor-who-comes-to-twitch-for-seven-week-marathon

Wow how awesome is this!

It's a subscription though I would subscribe for the marathon of Who, $4.99 for a months access to every Classic Doctor Who episode.

Further information on what is going to be quite an event, I have already subscribed to Twitchpresents I can't wait.

Here is the full streaming schedule for US and UK viewers...

https://www.doctorwho.tv/watch/twitch/#US
    Good news for those of us who followed the spin-off Class : Miss Quill and her gang will be back for a series of audio adventures from Big Finish. And not only that, but they will meet Ace and the Daleks :

radiotimes.com/news/radio/2018-05-29/axed-doctor-who-spin-off-class-to-return-for-audio-series/

Now, let's hope the three cliffhangers from the end of the series will be resolved.

Doctor Who episodes playing live now... Its free dumb ass me paid when I did not need too.

Currently watching The Daleks
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Gerard wrote: »
    Good news for those of us who followed the spin-off Class : Miss Quill and her gang will be back for a series of audio adventures from Big Finish. And not only that, but they will meet Ace and the Daleks :

radiotimes.com/news/radio/2018-05-29/axed-doctor-who-spin-off-class-to-return-for-audio-series/

Now, let's hope the three cliffhangers from the end of the series will be resolved.

How far Big Finish have come in the last few years. From being considered glorified fan fiction, to creating a vast Whoniverse.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,105
    For people able to get BBCi Player the first four seasons of New Who boxsets are available to stream, from Rose upto The End of Time (all the specials are included).
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    My Netflix subscription just became that little more unnecessary lol
  • For people able to get BBCi Player the first four seasons of New Who boxsets are available to stream, from Rose upto The End of Time (all the specials are included).

Actually I think all New Who episodes are currently available on iPlayer. Very nice to see.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Then again series 1-4 are the only ones worth watching in my book haha
    Watching The Time Monster on TWITCH great episode, Delgado on great form.
    And so is Ingrid Pitt.

0d2828c0d4e37a1a87134f741f9b3611.jpg
    Ingrid was over dressed by her usual standards
    Speaking of cleavage, I just finished "The Caves of Androzani" today, thus ending the Davison period. Now on to the Colin Baker (or, as I call him, "Joseph") era. I think my sunglasses are going to be put to good use. Because that coat...
    I like Colin Baker and Peri, alas Nathan Turner made some shocking decisions during Colin's era.

Watching Destiny of the Daleks after the football.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Now on to the Colin Baker (or, as I call him, "Joseph") era.

(there's one of these for each Doctor and they're all superb)
    Speaking of cleavage, I just finished "The Caves of Androzani" today, thus ending the Davison period. Now on to the Colin Baker (or, as I call him, "Joseph") era. I think my sunglasses are going to be put to good use. Because that coat...

Possibly the best final story of any Doctor. Understated by the modern regenerations, and all the best for it.
  • Agent_99 wrote: »
    Now on to the Colin Baker (or, as I call him, "Joseph") era.

(there's one of these for each Doctor and they're all superb)

Yep, I agree, Babelcolour is superb. My favourite is his Second Doctor tribute - Pat Troughton to the strains of the 'Littlest Hobo'. His Lis Sladen and Nicholas Courtney tributes make you convinced that someone is cutting onions nearby, though.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Yep, I agree, Babelcolour is superb. My favourite is his Second Doctor tribute - Pat Troughton to the strains of the 'Littlest Hobo'.

Yes, that's wonderful, with a great choice of song! I'm also a big fan of the Pertwee one, just to see all his action sequences crammed together.

I will try the Courtney and Sladen tributes, with extreme caution!
    http://www.radiofreeskaro.com/2018/06/17/radio-free-skaro-640-restoration-glee/

It’s a jam-packed extravaganza from 1975 this week as we dive deep into the impending release of the Doctor Who Season 12 Blu-Ray starring one Tom Baker as Dr. Who, with interviews from executive producer Russell Minton and director/producer Paul Vanezis what worked on that there shiny set of discs! Plus banter from two of the Three Who Rule who ventured to their local cinemas to view all 625 glorious lines of resolution of “Genesis of the Daleks”. Also San Diego Comic-Con news, the odd tale of Doctor Who on Crackle in Latin America, and more!

A good listen for Classic Who fans, I'll definitely be purchasing Tom Baker's first season Bluray Boxset the content sounds superb.

This will be my birthday gift to self
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    When does Jodie's tenure start airing? Bear with me, I live overseas and cannot access easily. I loved Peter as the Doctor. But Jodie is fine and I think good to finally go with a female in the lead. Interesting in many ways.

I'll miss Clara, though. I liked her a lot.
    When does Jodie's tenure start airing? Bear with me, I live overseas and cannot access easily. I loved Peter as the Doctor. But Jodie is fine and I think good to finally go with a female in the lead. Interesting in many ways.

I'll miss Clara, though. I liked her a lot.

I think it's in October 2018 I vaguely remember reading, it's definitely this autumn.

Clara had her detractors though I liked her alot, Clara was a good companion.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I have not seen older shows, but Clara was wonderful. I wish they had ended her character a bit brighter, more hopeful future (though they shaded it best they could since they made her story go in that direction).
    Spoilers ahead :

https://twitter.com/joshc94/status/1011344813424246785

No, I'm serious here : don't click on that link if you want to wait until the first episode airs. It doesn't give too much away, but still. And it gives me a good vibe for the 13th Doctor.