No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    ggl007 wrote: »

Thank you :)

I 've heard that Boyle has hired an AD and DOP and they are location scouting the film currently. I hear they are operating almost as co-directors and are making key creative decisions whilst Danny finishes up his musical. I'm hearing that the film will shoot almost entirely in London/Pinewood and the budget isn't expected to be as big as Spectre.

Benedict Cumberbatch isn't playing a villain. Lily James is the protege and they want an A-list star for the main baddie. I have no idea who Golshifteh Farahani is supposed to play. But I imagine it's a villain.

I'm hearing the film will be light on action and Bond will be central to the story. It's written as a character piece for Daniel and people are praising Hodge's script. I hear Brexit and the European Union are key to Boyle's idea for the film. I've done some research and Boyle's a strong remainer. From people in the 'know', it was this idea that got the once tentative Boyle to commit to Bond..

I've heard it's both darker and lighter than Craig's previous films. Supposedly, the relationship with the protege is key and much humour comes from the connection they share. I'm hearing it's more paternal and emotional.

I've heard a pantheon of names in connection to the main villain role. Considering it's a female and they want a "name", it has included folk like Meryll Streep, Jessica Chastain, Penelope Cruz, Viola Davis, etc. The usual suspects. (I wouldn't be surprised if Helena is on that list)

The reason why Angelina Jolie is that she is the one they are aggressively pursuing. I imagine they have contingency plans in place if that doesn't work out. Perhaps, that is where Helena comes in? Just guesswork from me though.

I'm hearing he's not a villain. Personally I hope he plays an ally to Bond. Perhaps a reoccurring role? Maybe as another 00? But that's just me speculating.

I heard Warner were the guys to beat and that the deal was "done". I was v blindsided by the announcement. It was the Boyle factor that won it for Universal.

The deal was done very late in the day and Universal fasttracked it. It was a total steal from Warner.

https://www.reddit.com/user/CashleyPersia/comments/
    Largely London set film as I predicted. With lefty/remoaner undercurrents. things are about to get interesting on here!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2018 Posts: 5,979
    I hope a lot of these rumors are wrong. They sound, by and large, terrible (the protege, a female American villain, etc.). It would be near impossible to avoid Brexit/Trump regardless of how political the film is (I'm thinking...not very, as Babs and MGW have opposing politics by their own admission).

I would think that Hodge's script is largely under wraps at this point, especially after the Sony leaks.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited June 2018 Posts: 3,157
    MI6 Community: Could the movie be set mostly in London?

CashleyPersia, the day after that: "I'm hearing that the film will shoot almost entirely in London/Pinewood"

C'mon guys, he's so obviously trolling. He's a buffoon and whoever believes him is an idiot. He lost his credibility a while ago, since so far he was never right about the stuff he said, and most of the stuff he reports he read it here.

MI6community users speculated about Bond 25 taking the Logan route, and guess what he said Bond 25 would take the Logan route, users speculated about the film being set in London and guess what he said Bond 25 would be set in London.

Enough with this. There's a useful four-letter word, and his full of it.
  • RC7RC7
    Walecs wrote: »

CashleyPersia, the day after that: "I'm hearing that the film will shoot almost entirely in London/Pinewood"

C'mon guys, he's so obviously trolling. He's a buffoon and whoever believes him is an idiot. He lost his credibility a while ago, since so far he was never right about the stuff he said, and most of the stuff he reports he read it here.

MI6community users speculated about Bond 25 taking the Logan route, and guess what he said Bond 25 would take the Logan route, users speculated about the film being set in London and guess what he said Bond 25 would be set in London.

Thanks. You saved me a job.
    @Walecs I’ve been trying to tell everyone not to believe him too. He hasn’t gotten anything right on his own prior to other rumors/confirmations.
    The film shooting only in London / pinewood sounds a bit lazy to me. I believe the protege rumor is true it's the only card left to play with craig., parental.
    Sounds like they'll need to keep the production costs down to support Craig's wage increase.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 11,425
    I'm predicting a single set. no external locations apart from an establishing shot.

Domestic. Kitchenette.

Bond is married but we never see the wife. Just Bond alone in his little flat with a string of monologues/rants straight to camera.

occasional visitors from his past visit to break the tension. but are they really there or just figments of his imagination?

Final shot camera zooms in on his hand on the kitchen table - hovering over the Walther.
    It'll be like an episode of Frasier. Filmed entirely on a set with no exterior, establishing shots.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 11,425
    yep. mixed with 70s BBC Sunday afternoon social realism
    That's brilliant, @Getafix!
    I should be far more excited than I am for Boyle/Craig Bond 25 but all of these rumours so far are falling flat for me.
    I think I had pinned all my hopes on a Shatterhand scenario for B25 that the idea of Bond training a young female agent pales so much in comparison.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Getafix wrote: »
    I'm predicting a single set. no external locations apart from an establishing shot.

Domestic. Kitchenette.

Bond is married but we never see the wife. Just Bond alone in his little flat with a string of monologues/rants straight to camera.

occasional visitors from his past visit to break the tension. but are they really there or just figments of his imagination?

Final shot camera zooms in on his hand on the kitchen table - hovering over the Walther.

There is an episode of One Foot in the Grave which is very much like that.
    Like with the Mendes films, I don't worry too much about plot elements. For me it comes down to the director. Mendes was the first Bond director who doesn't resonate with me. He probably could have the best script in the world and still wouldn't impress me in a positive manner. There are a number of Bond films with worse scripts and ingredients than SF, yet I enjoy most of them much better.
    So as long as Boyle will be Boyle I feel in save hands.
    London as a location is hardly a surprise! Good to have these sort of stories starting to surface though. Tilda Swinton for the villain for though for sure.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited June 2018 Posts: 2,730
    That reddit article is not reassuring in the slightest
    That reddit article is not reassuring in the slightest

I thought, we agreed its bullocks.
  • I wonder how long it will take The Express to write another story based on Reddit...
  • Other highlights in that Reddit thread:

--I've heard the "big" idea is that Bond 25 will be a proper swansong for Craig and will give him a big meaty role. Supposedly, Bond will suffer from mental illness and depression.

(Nothing like mental depression to make a film lighter. I know he said lighter and darker, but still...)

--They apparently going to film in Paris in December.

(So I guess there are *some* locations...)

--Been hearing that delays on are on the cards.....could be a rumour. But there are a lot of shrugs going around in regards to releasing in 2019. I suspect that if an announcement is not forthcoming before the end of next month, then B25 may get delayed.

(So many shrugs they decided to go ahead with the 2019 date)

--•Despite being filmed first, you likely won't see the Richard Curtis comedy before you see Danny's Bond film.

(Except that Universal set a release date for it before Bond 25's release date.)

The point is, Cashley Persia often introduces new ideas/rumors without explaining or even acknowledging how they're different that what he said before. One exception was his explanation for Universal over Warner Bros. But most of the time, he just zooms on. To be clear, he has said he's repeating rumors out of London.
    I hear Brexit and the European Union are key to Boyle's idea for the film.

Good good. That's what I wanna see. A proper, political Bond film drawing from the world of today. I hope they go to brave places.
  • Walecs wrote: »

I hope your right. Its been a long time since I have posted on here, but I just wanted to say that I hope that the new film will not be set mostly in London. I am hoping for at least one or two exotic locations covering the majority of the adventure and I personally think that there has been too much going on in London with the last couple of films. I want some colour. I also hope that the talk about Helena Bonham Carter is a rumour. As good an actress as she is, I don't think she has a 'Bond villain quality', although sadly I seem to associate her with period films and costume drama's.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @LeonJames22, welcome back after a six year hiatus!
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    @LeonJames22, welcome back after a six year hiatus!

Thanks Creasy47!
    If a lot of the rumors are true, i am underwhelmed. if it turns up to be a political themed Brexit film, ill probably be disappointed.

If its as good as Goldeneye, ill be happy.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Agreed. I don't want Bond grafted onto the headlines.
    "light on action" Im liking this news if true. A character piece is what is needed
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Please keep politics out of Bond.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Remington wrote: »
    Please keep politics out of Bond.

+1