No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

bondsum wrote: »
    I bet you're popular at parties @noSolaceleft

Hahaha I had to chuckle at that one..
    bondsum wrote: »
    I bet you're popular at parties @noSolaceleft

Admittedly just because of my good looks and my great sense of humor. My opinions tent to be controversial but it’s a rare day I’m proven wrong.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @noSolaceleft , the good Colonel sends his regards, and this message: "How pathetic - u can tell him, if u like, I have associates connected to Boyle and Bond 25,
    and the forum may have benefited or enjoyed some of the stuff I hear, but not now or ever."

How do I know this to be true? Well I know at least one of the associates he's talking about (Colonel is working on projects with them; and one of them just recently took one of my scripts).

I know who Colonel is, and you just may too, if you actually watch films; I know what projects he's worked on, and I have read his upcoming projects. He's the real deal, very talented. Loaded with experience, @noSolaceleft, but also very humble.

All of these attributes-- talented, experienced, humble-- are things, I will suggest, you should really work on.

Nice one @noSolaceleft ...now any insights @ColonelSun might have had wont be passed on to us.
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2018 Posts: 10,512
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Nice one @noSolaceleft ...now any insights @ColonelSun might have had wont be passed on to us.

His presence on the forum is akin to John Wayne Gacy at a kids party. Once the clown mask slips, you realise there’s just a c*** behind it.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    RC7 wrote: »

His presence on the forum is akin to John Wayne Gacy at a kids party. Once the clown mask slips, you realise there’s just a c*** behind it.

Perhaps, but why not try to ignore a 'John' instead of leaving the party altogether?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Well @Jeffrey , I think when you have something to offer, but you’re told repeatedly you’re a liar and then you get some nasty PMs, and then you hear yet more stupidity from nosolace, I’d say the Colonel didn’t leave the party, the party left him, right?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    @peter, reading your recent posts twigged me to the fact that it was in fact you who mentioned something a while back about EON moving into production offices in April. You had apparently gotten that from an industry source as I recall.

Could you confirm if that is still the case and if not, does the source know what happened and when he/she was informed of the change in timing? I believe you were as surprised as all of us about Boyle being in the frame.

I realize these sources have more information than the rest of us, but like CashleyPersia , they can of course be wrong from time to time.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @bondjames, the thing about @ColonelSun is he is actually working with associates of Boyle (plus he has friends who work in a few of the departments at EoN), so his info comes pretty fresh. And yes, he does has info re: your questions, and quite a bit more.But, and especially after today, I’m convinced he’s done with any type of sharing, as his own words would indicate.

as I told another member, it’s frustrating coz, at times, I could have chimed in and put socks in mouths, but I won’t betray the @ColonelSun’s trust.
    Thanks @peter. So I'm assuming that the source for the original April production office claim was in fact ColonelSun. That's interesting.

Anyway, if you and he see fit to share anything factual that you are aware of going forward it would of course be helpful to illuminate our ongoing discussions, which as you know take place in the 'blind' for the most part, save for Deadline/Hollywood/Variety/Baz and the occasional Cashley musing.

Eventually we'll get the big 'official' announcement we've all been waiting for I'm sure. Sooner rather than later, if I've been reading your posts correctly.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @bondjames, I’ll defer to the Colonel for sure. If he sees fit, he will give me the “green light”...

You are not bound to miss anything. Look, if that guy was the real deal and had any sovereignty my comments wouldn’t even touch him. Before he left the forum he guaranteed that virtually all of the significant contracts are already signed. This was about half a year ago and we haven’t heard any confirmations from any real source since that. Does anyone of you think that in the times of Twitter, Facebook and hyperactive agents ( not to mention all the guys at the future distributor ) there really wouldn’t be anything leaking which a serious newspaper/channel wouldn’t report. But luckily we don’t have to argue all that back-and-forth since there will be a time we get real news because earlier or later they will have to admit that they won’t be able to hold their announced schedule. I am on the record that I don’t believe any of the rumors (Including Boyle and Craig’s involvement) and you can be sure that I will be the first one to admit that I’ve been wrong if it should turn out that way. I’m not convinced that all those who are firing insults at me at whatever possibility ( while hinting at their insider sources) will be so sovereign themselves.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    You’re a clown.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

You are not bound to miss anything. Look, if that guy was the real deal and had any sovereignty my comments wouldn’t even touch him. Before he left the forum he guaranteed that virtually all of the significant contracts are already signed. This was about half a year ago and we haven’t heard any confirmations from any real source since that. Does anyone of you think that in the times of Twitter, Facebook and hyperactive agents ( not to mention all the guys at the future distributor ) there really wouldn’t be anything leaking which a serious newspaper/channel wouldn’t report. But luckily we don’t have to argue all that back-and-forth since there will be a time we get real news because earlier or later they will have to admit that they won’t be able to hold their announced schedule. I am on the record that I don’t believe any of the rumors (Including Boyle and Craig’s involvement) and you can be sure that I will be the first one to admit that I’ve been wrong if it should turn out that way. I’m not convinced that all those who are firing insults at me at whatever possibility ( while hinting at their insider sources) will be so sovereign themselves.

We get it you don't believe any of the rumours and that is your right to do so. It is also everyone else's right on the forum to choose to believe the rumours and information.ation we receive. You don't have to try and change their minds to.match your own. I for one would have liked to hear what ColonelSun had to pass on to us.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    As a final note, @noSolaceleft , Colonel didn’t leave the sight a year and a half ago. And if he did mention anything about signings (I don’t remember him saying as such on this site, but I could be wrong), he would have been right— but you’re too in denial about everything.

For example, you would agree that P&W were hired to write B25? Yes? It was widely reported, correct? They would have had to sign a contract before laying a finger to the keyboard.

And, because you’re so grossly misinformed, you have to understand that Daniel Craig would not have been allowed to go on television and announce his return without being SIGNED. His own agent wouldn’t allow that, you ding-bat! Colonel knew all of the above, you silly, little goose!

However, continue spewing your utter nonsense. You make for entertaining reading!
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 3,333
    You are not bound to miss anything.
    That's rather presumption of you @noSolaceleft. That's up to us to decide, not you. Some of us here have been following @ColonelSun for a very long time and have enjoyed his input to this site. Put it this way, I'd take any morsel he decided to throw our way over a paragraph of negative posturing from your good self. It seems that you've been chugging at your own Kool-Aid and believe your own words are sacrosanct. To be a worthy contributor here you have to have humility and grace, otherwise you come over as simply antagonistic just for the helluva it. Some folk here would use much stronger language, but I'll leave it at that for now. I'm sure you get the picture.
    I personally think everyone here is entitled to their opinion and I personally enjoy a variety of points of view. Without clear announcements nothing is known for sure and we are all welcome to speculate.

All I personally know is that the EON announcement in July, Craig's announcement in August, Deadline's scoop of Boyle/Hodge this year & Baz's scoop this year were all disclosed to this forum through sources other than 'insiders'.

Given NDAs and other material those with true knowledge will be hard placed to disclose anything 'factual' (as opposed to opinion) without violating confidence. Those people don't say anything here, and rightly so. It would be unprofessional.

Then we have those who are 'industry insiders' who have worked with others and who hear things (many times accurate, and sometimes incorrect, but still better than the other sources we have). I don't know about the rest of the forum, but I of course welcome their contributions, either directly or via surrogates.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    peter wrote: »
    Well @Jeffrey , I think when you have something to offer, but you’re told repeatedly you’re a liar and then you get some nasty PMs, and then you hear yet more stupidity from nosolace, I’d say the Colonel didn’t leave the party, the party left him, right?

That's also a way to look at it @peter. I don't know the specifics of what happened, but from what I gather from you it is a understandable decision from Colonel. However I figured to at least try and persuade him to come back.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2018 Posts: 1,756
    There is no point arguing with solace, as his superiority complex hinders him from logic and encourages him to act like a child. A quote about a pigeon and a chess board come to mind.

We here at this forum are gentlemen, 9gag.com is where you might like to go if youre underaged.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Jeffrey wrote: »

That's also a way to look at it @peter. I don't know the specifics of what happened, but from what I gather from you it is a understandable decision from Colonel. However I figured to at least try and persuade him to come back.

In all honesty @Jeffrey, the Colonel let me know about Craig's signing long before it happened. I was wringing my hands before his announcement, even reflected on these threads... Then one day I got a PM from the Colonel-- he told me Craig was on board, and I should take that news to the bank... My inner teenage girl screamed with glee and I suddenly became relaxed as a fat old cat...

A few months later, Craig made it official...

Before any rumoured directors were being touted, @ColonelSun also let me know of these names-- and a few others not mentioned in the press-- or were only given slight coverage...

But, he took the hits to his character, received some nasty PMs, finally said enough is enough. He's read the nonsense from today-- I told him to take a look.

All he can do is sigh and shrug. But, he won't be making any comments for sure... I hope that once in a while he will give me a kick to allow something to drop-- as he's done in the past.

However, if @nosolace and his ilk realized who this guy was, perhaps he'd hold his tongue a little more (insofar as his personal attacks-- could give a toss what he says beyond that)

These personal attacks continue to derail things. Whether it be direct name calling (including those picking on nosolace by the way) or innuendo.

Everyone is just getting worked up here for no reason. This is just a movie for pete's sake. One that it more than one year away at the earliest. Surely we can all have a bit of fun discussing it and speculating, which is what this thread is for. What purpose does it serve to get so worked up about things, except to negatively impact one's health and unnecessarily raise blood pressure.

EON/MGM will make an announcement when they are ready. In the meanwhile I think we can all agree that we've had a lot of twists and turns over the past year, certainly very unexpected for those of us who don't have the privilege of inside scoops which can't be revealed here. The sources which have given us information we can take to the bank have included Deadline, Hollywood Reporter, Variety, and Baz. Let me know if I've missed anyone.

So given the obvious information asymmetry between insiders and common plebe 'outsiders' (of which I am most certainly one), I personally will continue to try to treat everyone with respect and allow all opinions to be heard.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 3,333
    That's very magnanimous of you @bondjames, but I don't think everyone here shares your opinion. I've stayed out of most of these petty squabbles, but when I see stuff aimed at @ColonelSun, which some of us here had a very good history and dialogue with, there's a line that shouldn't have beeen crossed. One short paragraph from @ColonelSun was worth a thousand of some of the diatribe that I've read here from some members.
    Indeed @bondsum. I'm quite certain some of us are privy to more information and knowledge than others. That's the case anywhere. Bottom line is we don't really know what happened in the PMs. All we know is what we see here.

In the interests of decency, I think it would be helpful if 'name calling' stops though. It's getting tiresome, and it's the same people over and over again.

The Colonel is welcome to post facts and opinion when and as he sees fit. Nobody has thrown him out. It was a choice to leave and it will be a choice to return.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @bondjames, I understand where you're coming from. Quite honestly, nosolace usually is the one throwing barbs, and not much else. I don't think people are getting heated about 25-- they're getting heated that one amongst us is quite hostile.

I understand you and he have some good banter going. And that's wonderful.

However, time and again I, and others, come on this site and he says nothing of value (whether in disagreement or not), and usually it's an insult thrown at an individual. Or it's a derogatory comment about someone's opinion.

On the very rare occasion he will say something of note-- and I am usually shocked that it didn't come with some disparaging comment. I hope he keeps it up, since the Mods have also publicly warned him for his behavior.

Really, it's quite childish.

Since you have his ear, perhaps you can PM him with some tips on decorum? That would go a long way to bringing down some temperatures-- I hope.
    You’re a clown.

The sovereignty and elegance of your answer is as usual humbling.
    There is no point arguing with solace, as his superiority complex hinders him from logic and encourages him to act like a child. A quote about a pigeon and a chess board come to mind.

We here at this forum are gentlemen, 9gag.com is where you might like to go if youre underaged.

You know, it’s actually possible to be superior and have no complex about it. I, for example, am quite proud of it.
    @peter, I don't agree with much of nosolace's points of view and I think we all know he can be seen to be abrasive by others. However, as I've mentioned in the past, he's not the only one (not by a long shot) who can be accused of that. There are several members here who can come across a bit curt. The only thing I see is that he tends to have a contra opinion to a certain group of people here. He is also a skeptic. I can understand that. I don't partake in PMs generally (I prefer conversation to be in the open) but I'm sure he realizes he can phrase his comments in a more delicate fashion going forward. It's a question of tone, rather than content as far as I'm concerned. He makes some good points, as does every other member here.

I understand your position as well, believe me I do. You have inside information. You have befriended someone knowledgeable in the industry who has taken issue with the conversation on this thread. That's perfectly understandable. Believe me I have similar issues with the politics thread, where I see ignorant ramblings by some who I would have given more credit to in the past. I just stay away from it for the most part, and that is the nature of information asymmetry and knowledge in certain areas, which we all have in our areas of expertise.

I recognize that English is not the first language of some posters here too. That is obvious. So some consideration and accommodation should be given.

I just think we should all try to dial the temperature down here and not signal people out. It will make for a better thread.
    I agree with the name-calling bit, it's immature and is beneath the majority of us here. It's nice to come to a place where one can have a healthy debate without sinking below the levels of Ain't It Cool News forum members.

What you also have to remember @bondjames is that members come and go. I've seen some great members completely disappear off the face of the earth since MI6's first incarnation. Some stick around and contribute some interesting sidenotes here and there, whilst others just continually post nonsense in the form of memes or petty one liners to get their posting figure up in the high numbers. Then there's members like @peter, @ColonelSun and @RC7 that contribute a much deeper understanding of what goes on behind the scenes, whether it be Bond or any other part of the movie industry. We should not be fighting with these people, but embracing their contributions and their opinions.
    I agree @bondsum, we shouldn't downplay industry perspective from insiders. However, if I may say, I have seen those same members intersperse their knowledge with 'opinion'. I have also seen that opinion to be 'incorrect' on occasion here over the years, as I'm sure they will all acknowledge, as humble members.

It's a question of tone and respect in the interaction, and that cuts both ways. Those who don't have the knowledge should perhaps question more respectfully. The insiders in turn have to realize that they are coming here from a position of depth and understanding, and allow some accommodation. I don't think any of them want to be worshiped at the altar, and they won't get that from me certainly. They will get friendly conversation, some skepticism and some pushback when I sense opinion rather than fact, and acknowledgement/respect for their industry knowledge.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 565
    OMG

Pages and pages of people bickering of whether someone has insider information or not and whether it's ok to wish Marc Forester to do another Bond.

STOP!!!!!!!! Get off your high horses and go outside and smell some roses people!

Gosh, this starvation of official news is causing rats to eat other rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!