The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Bill Hader and James McAvoy are in talks for IT: Chapter 2:

http://collider.com/it-2-cast-bill-hader-james-mcavoy/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

Jessica Chastain has been confirmed to join the cast for IT: Chapter 2.
    Awesome! She was my #1 choice for Beverly!!! Getting Bill Hader and James McAvoy as well sounds terrific! I’m very excited for this movie.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'd love Jessica in that role. Wow.

As for McAvoy, isn't he doing something with M. Night at the moment? ;)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I'd love Jessica in that role. Wow.

As for McAvoy, isn't he doing something with M. Night at the moment? ;)

WHY NOT BOTH?!?! :) :) :)

So I heard “Glass” is already pretty much done filming...
    I wasn't sure pre-release of the first one if they'd manage to acquire big names for the sequel, but it's looking so! Hader's going to be great in this. I think that was Finn Wolfhard's wish, for Hader to play the older version of his character.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited April 2018 Posts: 2,721
    Happy Friday the 13th! If you're interested in listening to a fun chat about the Friday the 13th series check out our exhaustive podcast we just recorded on the films - parts 1 through 10. From the 1980 original to Jason in space.

fistsofstone.wixsite.com/spoileralert/services

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 13,894
    Happy Friday the 13th! If you're interested in listening to a fun chat about the Friday the 13th series check out our exhaustive podcast we just recorded on the films - parts 1 through 10. From the 1980 original to Jason in space.

fistsofstone.wixsite.com/spoileralert/services

I'll have to listen to that. Jason X especially, comes in for a lot of criticism, but it has some of the most inventive kills of the series.

Regarding the game, a new counselor has been unveiled, modelled on Melissa from The New Blood.

Friday-the-13th-The-Game-Victoria.jpg

She will be part of the big update due soon (sometime in the next 10 years). But from today until Monday, the game will have a 130% boost on all points earned in game. But if matches loose connection to the server (as they frequently do), we will still end up with nothing. That's like being given a new set of keys for your front door, when your house has just fallen down.
  • It's been nearly two years since I made this but here's a concept trailer for the planned Friday the 13th reboot, which at the time was still in development.

I'm looking forward to Glass. But before I share my thoughts, is everyone aware of what the film will be about, lest I spoil something major here?
    I'm looking forward to Glass. But before I share my thoughts, is everyone aware of what the film will be about, lest I spoil something major here?

I've yet to see Split but I know all about the twist, sadly.
    Ah too bad! I didn't see it coming to be frank. But I want Glass badly now. I think M. Night may be on to something and I'd love to discuss it but first I need to know if I must use spoiler tags.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Ah too bad! I didn't see it coming to be frank. But I want Glass badly now. I think M. Night may be on to something and I'd love to discuss it but first I need to know if I must use spoiler tags.

I’d like to talk about it too. Perhaps someone should make a thread about the Unbreakable trilogy where we can discuss it ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

I thought The Visit was fun but with Split he pretty much cemented his comeback. Such a great film and James Macavoy was amazing in it, I was really hoping he'd get some Oscar/BAFTA recognition.
    And then the ending got me so excited. Revealing the whole thing was a super villain origin story and setting the stage for a sequel I didn't even know I wanted. I think Glass is going to be a really satisfying film because we've had two movies setting up these two great characters, not even knowing they were connected, and now we get to see them collide. Genuinely can't wait.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,488
    IT: Chapter Two lands cinematographer Checco Varese:

http://collider.com/it-2-cinematographer-checco-varese/

First look at The Nun, the spinoff from The Conjuring series:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3494146/nun-creeps-shadows-official-image-teaser-conjuring-spinoff/
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,690
    I'm just loving the fact that the mask itself is scary, but the weathered look it has makes it look so solemn and sad, too. Probably going to amp up just how nightmarish his appearance is in the final film. Cannot wait!
    This showed up today- I’m not sure if this is the new mask or if they’re just doing a 40 years later type of thing. Either way, it’s creepy!!

30073669_10155990608805660_2048415478908822799_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=232d6201d9c6a1315e16603fa28b9adb&oe=5B71D8CB
    Look above, that is indeed the new mask and the first official poster from the film.
    My expectations are at a rock-bottom level after the awful Zombie films, but of course I hope this one is good. It would be awesome; the original is an all-time favorite for me.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    My expectations are at a rock-bottom level after the awful Zombie films, but of course I hope this one is good. It would be awesome; the original is an all-time favorite for me.

I take solace in the hopes that it really doesn't seem like it can get any worse than what Zombie brought to the table. It at least sounds like, at the core of the film, it'll be much more reminiscent of the original than anything Zombie crafted, which seemed more focused on gore, nudity and brutality over actual scares and tension.
    If you brighten the picture, you can see damage on his left eye!
    This confirms it ignores Halloween 2 and onward, and the rumor that Michael isn’t ‘superhuman’ like in the sequels!
    I can’t wait!!!
    Also that image has ‘steelbook’ written all over it!
    Whatever happens with the film, it is a pretty great poster/mask design. This retcons everything after the original Halloween and takes place after it correct?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Whatever happens with the film, it is a pretty great poster/mask design. This retcons everything after the original Halloween and takes place after it correct?

That is correct, it'll ignore everything past the original.
    Good. That’s a good way to start at least.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Dayyyyam. That looks more sinister than any mask we have seen thus far.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Look above, that is indeed the new mask and the first official poster from the film.
    I SWEAR that wasn’t there when I posted! :)) How embarrassing!
    I really dig the new mask!

Creasy47 wrote: »
    I SWEAR that wasn’t there when I posted! :)) How embarrassing!
    I really dig the new mask!

Happens to us all! Same here. I've noticed some others elsewhere mentioning it looks exactly like the mask used in Zombie's movies, but it doesn't look that way at all to me. This one looks muuuch more worn out and wrinkled, whereas Zombie's was torn, ripped and tattered looking.