Salah had quite the game tonight!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited March 2018 Posts: 1,329

An absolute sickener for people who haven't captained him this gw ha ha
    DCisared wrote: »

Thank God I didn't feel like being different this GW! Just a joy to watch that game from an FPL view.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    DCisared wrote: »

I had Salah, Firmino and Mané for this game week, with Salah as captain!
    That's the Liverpool trio, right there! Regretting going for van Dijk over Robertson or Mané, but got those clean sheet points, as well as Firmino and Salah(c).

Must say, watching Manchester United and Brighton - Hughton's men have started the game well. Really like this Brighton team.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    That's the Liverpool trio, right there! Regretting going for van Dijk over Robertson or Mané, but got those clean sheet points, as well as Firmino and Salah(c).

Must say, watching Manchester United and Brighton - Hughton's men have started the game well. Really like this Brighton team.

Pains me to say it United look what they are... Ordinary.

Then we score lol lol
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,302

Then we score lol lol

Just when you compliment Brighton, United scores. Typical, haha!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Then we score lol lol

I should complain about United more often they may then improve lol
    Did you watch the Rosenborg game, @Torgeirtrap? I am abroad, so I couldn't...

Was it terrible? Was the pitch playable?

Then we score lol lol

Pascal Groß close. Maybe I should complain about Brighton, haha! Watching as a neutral, so goals both ways is only fun.
    jobo wrote: »
    Did you watch the Rosenborg game, @Torgeirtrap? I am abroad, so I couldn't...

Was it terrible? Was the pitch playable?

Well, the pitch was the best thing out there, if you ask me. The grass looked perfectly fine on TV, at least!

The game, well… Rosenborg clearly have forgotten how to defend. Not much service to Bendtner (we all know he need to be put in situations close to the box), although Helland had a couple of free kicks that got close. Adegbenro and Konradsen scored, which is good - but as a whole, the team is not where they should be. Given that the players on the pitch know each other better than last year, you'd expect them to play accordingly.

They need to get working, because I can see teams being on six points by the end of this round. Odd and Molde are the next fixtures too, which doesn't help. Let's hope the international break at least give time to work on things.

Then we score lol lol

Pascal Groß close. Maybe I should complain about Brighton, haha! Watching as a neutral, so goals both ways is only fun.

United seemed intent on gifting Brighton a goal at one point, Brighton are unlucky not to be level.

Then we score lol lol

United seemed intent on gifting Brighton a goal at one point, Brighton are unlucky not to be level.

…and then it's 2-0!

Edit: Finished. United with a 2-0 win without looking all that impressive. Brighton wasn't bad either, but lacked in front of goal. Think Brighton can now focus on securing their place in the PL. Would like to see more of them next season.
    Looking at the match statistics, Brighton had more than twice as many shots as United, both on and off target. At Old Trafford. Incredible...

Every player is being judged now until end of the season, there will be a clear out in the summer.

Salah was due for a hat trick or more.
    His goals were amazing, beating 3 players or more.
    He keeps breaking records.

-Salah has scored 28 Premier League goals this season, only one African player has netted more in a single campaign (Didier Drogba 29 in 2009-10)

-Most @LFC goals in debut season
    36 - @22mosalah (2017-18)
    33 - Fernando Torres (2007-08)
    31 - Kenny Dalglish (1977-78)#LFC #Salah

He's now four clear at the top of the Premier League scoring charts with 28 goals and although the season is nearing the end, isn't showing any signs of slowing down.

Hopefully he can stay injury free and help us win the CL. :)
    Winning the CL? Haha. Dream on! ;)

If a Spanish team had won 5-0 in La Liga, the story would be om how horrible the competition is and how bad the league is. Well, well...
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »
    A conspiracy was mentioned in the previous comment by our beloved, (not so ice cold) hot tempered magician. Rather than writing two seperate posts I allowed myself the luxury of adressing both issues in one, especially since they are related...

Well if I can go full on Rafa mode for a minute:

1. An English or Italian team had a 1 in 7 chance of pulling an English/Italian team out of the hat. A Spanish team had a 1 in 3.5 chance. But it's the 1 in 7 odds that came in and the English ones at that not the Italian. FACT

2. In the last 20 years when Barca and Real have been the dominant sides they've only drawn each other twice, and both times in the semis when the odds are down to 1 in 3 of pulling each other out of the hat. You might think random chance would see them having played in perhaps one QF? FACT

3. FIFA and UEFA despise us FACT. Mostly due to journalists like Andrew Jennings constantly chipping away at their corruption. The fact that the World Cup is being held in places like Russia and Qatar when we've had 2 tournaments everand have the best football stadium infrastructure in the world (only Germany can even claim to come close) is a piss take frankly. France with 5 tournaments an utter disgrace in a country where they don't give a shit about football.

Now those are just some random facts. I'm not saying there was a conspiracy to pair the two English clubs together as it could well be a statistical blip and the sample sizes are too small. My mind is open. But given the off the scale corruption levels within pretty much all football governing bodiess it's quite conceivable.

As for the Premier League being the 'best in world' I don't think anyone ever said it was except Sky when they are trying to sell Burnley v West Brom on a not so super Sunday.

However it is the most exciting, closely followed by the Championship. What @jobo seems to be confusing is best League in the world with best teams. Barca and Real are probably better than anyone in our league (although if City get through they will put either of them to the sword) but that doesn't mean the Spanish league is better. What if Celtic were as good as Brazil 1970 and romped the CL every year? That would mean Celtic are a very good team but it wouldn't make the Scottish league any better when they are romping it 6-0 every week and have it won by Christmas.

I guess it's hard for jobo to hear any dissenting voices that Barca thrashing the likes of Getafe week in week out is anything but enthralling.

So you and @RC7 are altering the parameter now? It's no longer about which league has the best quality, it's about which league is most popular "exciting" (one team running away with the league before desember sure is nail biting btw... In Spain there is at least still a theoretical chance that Atlético might watch Barca). ;) If you are willing to stick to the actual topic, I can explain why the points you are making don't hold up:

It is just not true as you claim that it is only Real Madrid and Barca that are producing results for Spain in Europe. Such a statement either shows total ignorance or a willingness to alter facts. Of course it fits the English agenda to paint it as if the level behind RM and Barca is mediocre, however results in European competitions suggests something completely different. To start with, the third best team in Spain have achieved far more in Europe the last five years than any English team. Except for this year, Real Madrid is the only team that has been able to eliminate Atlético in Europe since 2014.

But it is not only the Champions League that has been dominated completely by Spanish teams. The competition for the second best teams, the Europa League has also had a Spanish monopoly for several years! The fact of the matter is that La Liga has completely dominated in both European competitions for almost a decade now. Those are the FACTS.

Besides, I suggest you start digging up statistics about the results whenever Spanish and English teams face each other in Europe. The stats are extremely embarrassing for the EPL. And no, I am not only talking about Barca and Real Madrid thrashing City, United and the likes. The hegemony is constant through out all levels, with Sevilla, Villareal, Valencia and even little Athletic Bilbao emerging supreme. There were warning signs that the trend might have shifted this season, with Tottenham and Chelsea beating the off form versions of Real Madrid and Atlético respectively. But now, with the deciding matches coming up, we are back to the same story, with English teams being repeatedly eliminated by Spanish sides.

If you actually watched La Liga regularly, you would know that the Spanish top teams are far from winning games on walkover every week. RM, Barca and Atlético are regularly tested in the league, often more so I might add than when they are facing the so called "cream of England". That RM and Barca are mostly winning the trophy is not really condenscending on behalf of domestic competition, since they also completely dominate in Europe! The only teams capable of eliminating either of them in Europe since 2013 is Atlético and Juventus...

Spain is dominating everywhere, both the best teams and second best teams. The EPL fanatics have nothing left in their favor than subjective and emotional theories which have no basis or justification in actual results.

Spain is dominating everywhere? Is that why the gates in the English Championship are higher than La Liga?Perhaos someone should tell the Spaniards that they’re missing out.

The parameters have never been shifted, English football culture is revered the world over. Quality is subjective, support and viewing figures aren’t.

You can try and sell La Liga until the cows come home, son, but everyone knows it’s a glorified Scottish Premiership, with Atletico doing their best to pull off an Aberdeen.

Your desperation is hilarious.

'Quality is subjective'??

Is that an attempt at self irony? ;)) Pretty much the only thing in football that is not subjective and can never be argued with, is results! Popularity however, is subjective by definition. Are you kidding me? The EPL might have won the marketing game, but that the best teams play in Spain has been very well documentet!

I am not sure who is being desperate here... ;))

Quality is defined by results? As much as I’d like that to be true, it’s isn’t. Results are what matter, but that doesn’t equate to quality. You’d have to go a reasonable distance to find someone who thought the quality of football on display at Wembley and Anfield is inferior to that which we’re being served up at Old Trafford, yet we’ve beaten beaten both in recent months and remain ahead.

Perhaps it’s the Rose-tinted spectacles of history and heritage that cloud the minds of millions worldwide, I don’t know, but the EPL has the ‘Je ne sais quoi’ enjoyed by clubs like United in 70s/80s - a huge following despite not always being able to boast the ‘stats’. Football is about much more than just playing the ‘best’ football - just ask the Italians how it feels to win a World Cup.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 1,575

If a Spanish team had won 5-0 in La Liga, the story would be om how horrible the competition is and how bad the league is. Well, well...

Liverpool beat Porto 5-0 in the CL. Liverpool won the CL in 2005 with a worse squad.

Dare to Dream..........

You were laughing when i said Salah was World Class :)

Now his worth over $150 Million. :)

• RC7RC7
    001 wrote: »

His record is brilliant, but lest we forget Ashley Young had him in his pocket the other week. You build a reputation as a ‘World Class’ over several seasons and several competitions. You turn up when the chips are down, not just to bang in a few more once you’re already cruising.

That’s not to take anything away from his achievements this season, but he has more to prove.

His record is brilliant, but lest we forget Ashley Young had him in his pocket the other week. You build a reputation as a ‘World Class’ over several seasons and several competitions. You turn up when the chips are down, not just to bang in a few more once you’re already cruising.

That’s not to take anything away from his achievements this season, but he has more to prove.

Ashley young was grabbing him by the shoulder in the penalty box. And he didn't dive like a spurs or man u player.
    If they had VAR it would have been a penalty.

Did you watch the game ?
  • RC7RC7

Ashley young was grabbing him by the shoulder in the penalty box. And he didn't dive like a spurs or man u player.

Did you watch the game ?

I was at the game. You can be petty about it or accept that his threat was totally nullified. All players have those days, but the world class players know how to conjure up some magic when things aren’t going their way.

Did you watch the game ?

I was at the game. You can be petty about it or accept that his threat was totally nullified. All players have those days, but the world class players know how to conjure up some magic when things aren’t going their way.

Liverpool should have had 3 penalties if VAR was used instead of a hopeless ref.
    Handball by Valencia, mane as well.

Have you seen the replays ?

Salah was nullified by man u cheating. Grabbing his shoulder,his arm,pushing him.

• RC7RC7

Did you watch the game ?

Liverpool should have had 3 penalties if VAR was used instead of a hopeless ref.

Salah was nullified by man u cheating. Grabbing his shoulder,his arm,pushing him.

This is why Liverpool fans have a reputation.
    WORLD CUP STATS

Messi
    3 WC 15 CAPS 3 ASSISTS 5 GOALS
    CR7
    3 WC 13 CAPS 2 ASSISTS 3 GOALS

No wonder some pundits think Pele or Maradona are still the best ever.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 7,500
    @RC7

Of course quality is meassured by results! It is the only reasonable way to do it, unless we are left with only hypothesis or guessing. Of course you have to look at results over an extended period, since one off results do occure. However when one league is completely dominating European competitions over an extended period of 5-10 years, there is only very stubborn and emotionally driven defiance that can make you argue that any other league posesses a higher quality. Of course you can make such a subjective claim, but you are left looking very silly and quite pathetique....

You can bang on about how the EPL har the highest following as much as you want (which has to do with many more factor than simply the actual football on offer), but this has never been a part of the discussion.
    @RC7

Of course quality is meassured by results! It is the only reasonable way to do it, unless we are left with only hypothesis or guessing. Of course you have to look at results over an extended period, since one off results do occure. However when one league is completely dominating European competitions over an extended period of 5-10 years, there is only very stubborn and emotionally driven defiance that can make you argue that any other league posesses a higher quality. Of course you can make such a subjective claim, but you are left looking very silly and quite pathetique....

You can bang on about how the EPL har the highest following as much as you want (which has to do with many more factor than simply the actual football on offer), but this has never been a part of the discussion.

What about these stats ? Not very impressive are they ?

Messi
    3 WC 15 CAPS 3 ASSISTS 5 GOALS
    CR7
    3 WC 13 CAPS 2 ASSISTS 3 GOALS
    edited March 2018 Posts: 1,575

Did you watch the game ?

This is why Liverpool fans have a reputation.

Most Liverpool fans have a reputation for being some of the best in the world. Like it or not.

Jose is an embarrassment to man u. He's a nut job. :)

• RC7RC7
    @RC7

But isn’t the discussion about which is the ‘Best’ league in the world? Itself a vague concept. This is something that draws on multiple factors, not just quality (although let’s not pretend Spain are somehow in a strata of their own). Even Valverde conceded, pre-United’s utterly abject CL showing, that the English sides were now stronger than the Spanish after an ‘illogical’ period of underperformance. The gulf in quality between the leagues is only ever slight and oscillates between the two. As for ‘best’ - the EPL delivers a more exciting proposition top down, not just in the upper echelons.

Someone posted this. That's quality passing!