007 Nightfire Appreciation

Comments

mattjoes wrote: »
    Doing single player is risky and more so if they were to touch the Bond IP and a story licensed to EA.
    I know. I remember an Alien TC for Quake that was shut down by 20th Century Fox, back in the late 90's, I think. Duke Nukem: Reloaded, a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D, was in development with the blessing of Gearbox until they shut it down. Probably just a couple of examples among many.
    Definitely. @mattjoes, since you're from the same generation of gaming as I am, you're probably going to have some interest in this title called Shadow Stalkers which is being co-developed by 3D Realms (DN3D developers) that's rumoured to star Pierce Brosnan.

@ClarkDevlin I know about it! I believe Brosnan was asked about it in an interview. Zoom is working on it, as well. They are also working on a new MegaRace game, but there have no news on either project for a while. I hope we get some news soon; a shooter featuring Brosnan is surely to be of interest.
    I asked both ZOOM Platform and 3D Realms about Shadow Stalkers and they haven't made a response... yet (and that is questionable).
    What do you mean, questionable? Do you mean it's questionable that they're working on it?
    No. It’s questionable that they might reply to my inquiry. They seem to be pumpous. :))
    :)) :)) :))

I can't complain. Zoom gave me a free account with some games. They're cool.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Just a little fan art I wanted to do.

Nightfire_iris_copy.png
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Lovely @Murdock !

Nightfire_iris_copy.png

Looks great.
    Mazouni wrote: »
    Nightfire_iris_copy.png
    Looks great.
    Thank you! :D
    Looks great, though I'd rather have the Bond from the menu of the console version in the middle than the PC version menu. He looks more elegant there than the more cold, rather scary look he has on the PC menu.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Nightfire_iris_copy.png

That looks fantastic!
    Nightfire_iris_copy.png
    That looks fantastic!
    Glad you like it! :D
    Gummy wrote: »
    Looks great, though I'd rather have the Bond from the menu of the console version in the middle than the PC version menu. He looks more elegant there than the more cold, rather scary look he has on the PC menu.
    Thanks! I'll make an alternate one for you if you want.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Do it! :D
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Murdock wrote: »
    Do it! :D
    With pleasure! :D

Nightfire_iris_modified_copy.png

I didn't use the console menu image because it didn't sit well with me and it was too blurry. Didn't want to blur the menu options out because it was going to look awful. So, I used an alternative to that, similar but different at the same time.

@Murdock, what's the verdict?
    Both are excellent @ClarkDevlin, wonderful work. :-bd
    That means a lot to me, coming from the master! :D
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I think nothing will ever beat Nightfire for me. Defined my youth :D
    A cool coaster can be made out of that image.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 110
    Thought folks might find these NF speedruns entertaining/funny (both <40mins):

( ^ this one's even faster)

They're tool-assisted speedruns (TAS), so the guys playing aren't superhuman gaming freaks, they've just got software programmed to optimize their movements/aim. Still, the speed and shortcuts make them pretty hilarious to watch, and gave me *several* moments of "*Wait*...WHAT!?" (Phoenix Fire in particular's pretty good.)

Saving the world in half-an-hour and change...not bad!
    Yes, seen those. Definitely fun to play in that manner, but I'm afraid I lack the energy to be as engaged with a video game, nowadays. Still, love that Nightfire is still alive among the fans and kicking, because it's a helluva of a video game.
    I was digging through my files and found an unfinished Nightfire wallpaper I was working on. I finished it up and bring it to you all now. :)
    V1Jbt8uh.jpg
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Very nice @Murdock!
    Looks absolutely brilliant! Captain Murdock delivers again!
    Thanks @BMW_with_missiles and @ClarkDevlin. :-bd
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I was digging through my files and found an unfinished Nightfire wallpaper I was working on. I finished it up and bring it to you all now. :)
    V1Jbt8uh.jpg

Peta Wilson as Zoe Nightshade, that's good casting.
    V1Jbt8uh.jpg

I think she’d be better as Alura McCall. Besides, it’ll be better for her native Australian accent.

Actually she's supposed to be Alura but she would also be great as Zoe. :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2018 Posts: 13,894

Katee Sackoff as Zoe? I remember now, we threw around casting suggestions for a NF film.

Katee Sackoff as Zoe? I remember now, we threw around casting suggestions for a NF film.

Yes that's right. I cast her in my movie version of AUF.
    F9HLa7Bh.jpg
    Jimmy Smits as Raphael Drake is not a bad idea.
    Are you guys aware of the unused music tracks and lines from the game? I wished we could've gotten the uncut Equinox
    Thanks for posting this. The channel certainly has very interesting contents.
    I saw this the other day, fond it fun : how to kill Drake in the second mission, in the Castle (lol) :

Haha, nice! :))