007 Nightfire Appreciation

Comments

Blimey. Doesn't seem that long at all.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    We're still young at heart. ;)
    From the Bond Games page on Facebook:

23632156_863645367128723_3214545866284187906_o.jpg?oh=7f8c61d3838150747ce0cf6ee7541c77&oe=5AA8C6AF
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    The fondest youth memories.

This one and FRWL were the best in my opinion.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

23632156_863645367128723_3214545866284187906_o.jpg?oh=7f8c61d3838150747ce0cf6ee7541c77&oe=5AA8C6AF

Peta Wilson (AKA Nikita) as a Bond Girl? I approve.

Yes, sir! :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

For my dream Danger Girl film adaption, she would be cast as Natalia Kassle.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 15,423

For my dream Danger Girl film adaption, she would be cast as Natalia Kassle.
    Definitely, @MajorDSmythe! Peta Wilson is more convincing to me as a cocky villainess than she is as a reluctant heroine (Nikita). The latter part I prefer Maggie Q in. Sadly, Miss Wilson is nowhere around these days, and has went off the surface after starring in the film adaptation of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. As for Nightfire, in the artwork above she's depicted as Dominique Paradis. I would've preferred her as Alura McCall honestly, and Xenia Seeberg as Zoe Nightshade. Don't know who to place in Dominique's role, though.
    Playing both the PC and Console version concurrently but I've got to say...

E3Ooe4H.png

I can't get enough of this! Especially the console version.
    Nightfire has to be the best 007 game out there. On the pc verion
    Playing both the PC and Console version concurrently but I've got to say...

E3Ooe4H.png

I can't get enough of this! Especially the console version.

Did not like console version compared to the PC version.
    What’s the difference? I only played the console version.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 5,185
    i prefer the PC version. i played it dozens of times back in the day, never had a Playstation 2. I have played the Console version last year and i still prefer the PC version for the handling and the Level design. Only thing that the PC version is missing are all the vehicle levels which are great
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    What’s the difference? I only played the console version.
    The PC version is like an entirely different game. Call it an alternate universe version of the Nightfire you know.

Some comparison images if you like.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Nightfire
    Managed to mod the original Omega Seamaster watch from the demo version to the main game of the PC version of Nightfire, and now I'm grinning like an idiot. :D

bN5yVav.jpg
    tgVo0jX.jpg
    That’s amazing, how did you manage that?
    With a little bit of assistance from a few friends I have from the Nightfire: Source development team. It's easier than you think, @GoldenGun. If you have the game installed on your computer, let me know.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Nightfire: Source is multiplayer-only, am I right?
    Yep!
    Very cool that it exists, of course, but shame about that.
    Doing single player is risky and more so if they were to touch the Bond IP and a story licensed to EA.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 235
    Managed to mod the original Omega Seamaster watch from the demo version to the main game of the PC version of Nightfire, and now I'm grinning like an idiot. :D

bN5yVav.jpg
    tgVo0jX.jpg

That's awesome man. I want to buy 007 Nightfire for the PC but I don't know if I will have any problems installing it on my PC.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Mazouni wrote: »

bN5yVav.jpg
    tgVo0jX.jpg

That's awesome man. I want to buy 007 Nightfire for the PC but I don't know if I will have any problems installing it on my PC.
    You won’t have a problem installing it or playing it, @Mazouni. But, first... you’re going to have to download the K-Lite software (I believe it’s free) and then click4dylan’s patch for the game which makes things better and improved on the modern computers when playing.
    Doing single player is risky and more so if they were to touch the Bond IP and a story licensed to EA.
    I know. I remember an Alien TC for Quake that was shut down by 20th Century Fox, back in the late 90's, I think. Duke Nukem: Reloaded, a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D, was in development with the blessing of Gearbox until they shut it down. Probably just a couple of examples among many.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I know. I remember an Alien TC for Quake that was shut down by 20th Century Fox, back in the late 90's, I think. Duke Nukem: Reloaded, a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D, was in development with the blessing of Gearbox until they shut it down. Probably just a couple of examples among many.
    Definitely. @mattjoes, since you're from the same generation of gaming as I am, you're probably going to have some interest in this title called Shadow Stalkers which is being co-developed by 3D Realms (DN3D developers) that's rumoured to star Pierce Brosnan.
    Definitely. @mattjoes, since you're from the same generation of gaming as I am, you're probably going to have some interest in this title called Shadow Stalkers which is being co-developed by 3D Realms (DN3D developers) that's rumoured to star Pierce Brosnan.

@ClarkDevlin I know about it! I believe Brosnan was asked about it in an interview. Zoom is working on it, as well. They are also working on a new MegaRace game, but there have no news on either project for a while. I hope we get some news soon; a shooter featuring Brosnan is surely to be of interest.

@ClarkDevlin I know about it! I believe Brosnan was asked about it in an interview. Zoom is working on it, as well. They are also working on a new MegaRace game, but there have no news on either project for a while. I hope we get some news soon; a shooter featuring Brosnan is surely to be of interest.
    I asked both ZOOM Platform and 3D Realms about Shadow Stalkers and they haven't made a response... yet (and that is questionable).

bN5yVav.jpg
    tgVo0jX.jpg

You won’t have a problem installing it or playing it, @Mazouni. But, first... you’re going to have to download the K-Lite software (I believe it’s free) and then click4dylan’s patch for the game which makes things better and improved on the modern computers when playing.

bN5yVav.jpg
    tgVo0jX.jpg

You're welcome. :)

And let me know if you need any assistance with the watch.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 6,724

I asked both ZOOM Platform and 3D Realms about Shadow Stalkers and they haven't made a response... yet (and that is questionable).
    What do you mean, questionable? Do you mean it's questionable that they're working on it?

What do you mean, questionable? Do you mean it's questionable that they're working on it?
    No. It’s questionable that they might reply to my inquiry. They seem to be pumpous. :))