Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    No this was another interview. It's probably
    On YouTube
    No this was another interview. It's probably
    On YouTube

Think I saw a clip of that, too. He was quite "intense", if I remember correctly.
    I think he is an intense person. Great when he brings that intensity to work but I think he has more demons that most of us.
    He´s an absolute genius, capitalising on his insanity and making millions from it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    They're STILL filming. Love that Tom's ankle is still wrecked to hell, but he still runs and sprints on it when it calls for filming. What a trooper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5372003/Tom-Cruise-films-stunts-Mission-Impossible-6.html
    Tom Cruise is one tough mother fucker keep filming on that fucked up ankle
    I believe both Daniel and Pierce had knee
    Injuries and returned for filming.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Craig also broke his arm during the filming of QoS. Something similar happened to Brosnan during the production of DAD, I believe.
    Doesn't Pierce now have a scar on his
    Upper lip from TND I think.
    Doesn't Pierce now have a scar on his
    Upper lip from TND I think.
    Between the nose and the mouth on the right side. The picture is mirrored, of course.

247035_230229720337039_5461876_n.jpg?oh=a7f9046753aabc61b31c69b35a795e9c&oe=5ADF3E87
    Just remembered
    Poor old Roger getting his bum burnt
    In TSWLM
    Craig also broke his arm during the filming of QoS. Something similar happened to Brosnan during the production of DAD, I believe.

Any idea during what sequence that happened?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Interesting choice, @chrisisall. You rate II above III then?
    I did that too at first, though I must say that has changed a lot in more recent times.
    Flip those two and our lists agree. ;-)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

The hovercraft sequence, I believe.
    Just remembered
    Poor old Roger getting his bum burnt
    In TSWLM

What scene in the movie did that happen?
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I did that too at first, though I must say that has changed a lot in more recent times.

I'm in the small minority that feels this way, too. II is definitely one of my favorites in the series; though I suppose that doesn't mean much, nearly all of them are great.
    At the end when Stromberg shoots under the
    Table. The rigged exploding chair went off a
    Little too early.
    Can't recall, exactly. But, I believe I remember someone saying it happened during the Hovercraft chase segment. I could be wrong, though. So, don't quote me on that one.
    @ClarkDevlin, yes, @jake24 mentioned it was during that bit. I can only assume it took place during the one on one tussle with Moon.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    DarthDimi wrote: »

I'm in the small minority that feels this way, too. II is definitely one of my favorites in the series; though I suppose that doesn't mean much, nearly all of them are great.
    After my most recent viewings last week, I'm in that minority too. For the first time, I put 2 above 3.

The first two imho are very much precursors to the 'arty' Craig era. They were both films ahead in my view. The last two in contrast have been very much 'old school' Bond to my eyes. 3 is a bit pedestrian in direction for me (a bit TWINE) but is also the most P&W (if that makes any sense).

Rogue Nation
    Ghost Protocol
    MI-1
    MI-2
    MI-3

@ClarkDevlin, yes, @jake24 mentioned it was during that bit. I can only assume it took place during the one on one tussle with Moon.
    Definitely. The only logical possibility. Could be that Will Yun Lee's kicks took effect?
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 3,169
    They're STILL filming.
    They were also shooting in Battersea Park earlier this week.
    They’ve been filming for almost a year, now.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Can't be, since the injury happened on location and that sequence was filmed against a green screen. I recall an interview from From Script to Screen where Brosnan said it happened where he jumps on the hovercraft, having not warmed up for the stunt.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Can't be, since the injury happened on location and that sequence was filmed against a green screen. I recall an interview from From Script to Screen where Brosnan said it happened where he jumps on the hovercraft, having not warmed up for the stunt.

Good point, was merely spitballing but that's a real good point. Could've been a nasty fall, then.
    It's good to see Cruise getting some props as a dedicated man to his profession. Too many want to use his personal life to trash him and that's not completely fair when you see what a pro he is when it comes to doing projects like this.

I used to find myself on another forum dealing with people who just wanted to talk smack about the guy just because they didn't like him but never gave any real reasons other than he sucks or he jumps on couches. The work speaks for itself, which is why I own so many of his films, they entertain me.

Somebody earlier in the thread questioned why it took 4 years for MI:II to be made after the first was a blockbuster. Cruise was incredibly busy making Jerry Maguire right after MI, then spent almost 2 years with Kubrick on Eyes Wide Shut and then on Magnolia for PT Anderson. It was just a matter of time.

Also along the lines of Cruise as Napoleon Solo, I have a tabloid story from back in 1991 or so when there were rumors of a Saint movie that had Cruise as one of the candidates for that part long before Val Kilmer got the call. Of course, being a tabloid the focus was on Cruise's height as opposed to Roger Moore, who was like 6-2.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Good point, was merely spitballing but that's a real good point. Could've been a nasty fall, then.

Quite right. After Broz explodes the case and lodges the diamonds into Zao's face, the scene called for him to do a run and duck under fire. He does a jump on to the moving hovercraft which then starts the chase. It wasn't properly rehearsed and Broz wasn't warmed up enough so it didn't go well for him. He hurt his knee quite badly.

Halle Berry was hurt a couple of times during DAD as well, if I recall correctly?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    BT3366 wrote: »
    It's good to see Cruise getting some props as a dedicated man to his profession. Too many want to use his personal life to trash him and that's not completely fair when you see what a pro he is when it comes to doing projects like this.

I used to find myself on another forum dealing with people who just wanted to talk smack about the guy just because they didn't like him but never gave any real reasons other than he sucks or he jumps on couches. The work speaks for itself, which is why I own so many of his films, they entertain me.

Somebody earlier in the thread questioned why it took 4 years for MI:II to be made after the first was a blockbuster. Cruise was incredibly busy making Jerry Maguire right after MI, then spent almost 2 years with Kubrick on Eyes Wide Shut and then on Magnolia for PT Anderson. It was just a matter of time.

Also along the lines of Cruise as Napoleon Solo, I have a tabloid story from back in 1991 or so when there were rumors of a Saint movie that had Cruise as one of the candidates for that part long before Val Kilmer got the call. Of course, being a tabloid the focus was on Cruise's height as opposed to Roger Moore, who was like 6-2.

Cruise would have been better than Kilmer.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    BT3366 wrote: »

American culture has a way of building up and then tearing down their heroes, particularly those who have staying power and who are a bit emotionally inaccessible in a traditional way. How dare they, as it were? Then we have those who like to judge others personalities in a negative fashion as opposed to focusing on their body of work.

Those with real staying power always overcome the temporary setbacks and get a second wind. Cruise is currently having one of those now, and more power to him as far as I'm concerned.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 10,588

Quite right. After Broz explodes the case and lodges the diamonds into Zao's face, the scene called for him to do a run and duck under fire. He does a jump on to the moving hovercraft which then starts the chase. It wasn't properly rehearsed and Broz wasn't warmed up enough so it didn't go well for him. He hurt his knee quite badly.

Halle Berry was hurt a couple of times during DAD as well, if I recall correctly?
    Grenade dust to the eye, I believe. And a choking incident.