Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Cruise is great at premiers spending time with fans. Posing for photos and signing autographs. Unlike some stars. Who can't get in quickly enough.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    @ClarkDevlin, yes, @jake24 mentioned it was during that bit. I can only assume it took place during the one on one tussle with Moon.
    Can't be, since the injury happened on location and that sequence was filmed against a green screen. I recall an interview from From Script to Screen where Brosnan said it happened where he jumps on the hovercraft, having not warmed up for the stunt.

Good point, was merely spitballing but that's a real good point. Could've been a nasty fall, then.
    IIRC from the dvd, Brosnan said they filmed awefully early in the morning, and he had to sprint and didn´t warm up properly before, and then during sprinting tore something. No fall, just cold early morning in combination with lack of warmup.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    DVzhgHhWkAUaYj6?format=jpg
  • DVzhgHhWkAUaYj6?format=jpg

Love it!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Much better than what we got. Well done!
  • Joe Kraemer, who scored Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation, will not be back for Mission: Impossible-Fallout.

http://bit.ly/2o0CBkZ
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Joe Kraemer, who scored Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation, will not be back for Mission: Impossible-Fallout.

Disappointing news for me, as I loved his score for the 5th outing. I suppose it will be Giacchino again then.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    According to Wikipedia, Lorne Balfe will be composing the score.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Key word: Wikipedia. Seems an odd thing for someone to submit falsely, but we shall see.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Key word: Wikipedia. Seems an odd thing for someone to submit falsely, but we shall see.
    Yes, easy to edit and all, but it's more cautious with the mods these days than it was some years ago. Falsified information is always looked upon and reversed. Maybe someone knows something.
    He's not listed for this job on IMDbPro yet.
  • According to Wikipedia, Lorne Balfe will be composing the score.

Just googled him and turns out he did the music for Assassin's Creed 3, so I reckon he could do a good job.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Lorne Balfe did a really good job on the soundtrack of 13 Hours.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yes, easy to edit and all, but it's more cautious with the mods these days than it was some years ago. Falsified information is always looked upon and reversed. Maybe someone knows something.

Henry Jackman was listed there a couple of days ago. And John Williams was there last week. I think someone is just changing the names, hoping they'll get lucky.

I think Balfe would probably do a good job though, as long as he is more Kraemer/Giacchino than Hans Zimmer.
    They edited Balfe out, too.

Oh well.
    I think Balfe would probably do a good job though, as long as he is more Kraemer/Giacchino than Hans Zimmer.
    I agree. Those examples above are quite good indeed, but I also seem to remember scores where Balfe did things more in the Zimmer mold.

• Darn. I really loved what Joe Kramer did with M:I-RN. As long as the next person is respectful of the franchise and its themes (and uses them appropriately), then I'll be happy.
    Darn. I really loved what Joe Kramer did with M:I-RN. As long as the next person is respectful of the franchise and its themes (and uses them appropriately), then I'll be happy.
    Same here. That opening to RN with the Paramount/Skydance/Ali Baba Pictures/Bad Robot flashing across the screen to Kraemer's variation of the famous theme was one of the most exciting moments in cinema for me in 2015. Sheer perfection.

The one for MI:GP was great too but this was on another level.
    Agreed. The opening logos theme that played suspenseful but calm brasses in RN was brilliant. I personally prefer the film version rather than the one we ended up having on the soundtrack album.
    Joe Kraemer, who scored Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation, will not be back for Mission: Impossible-Fallout.

That's a crying shame.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Darn. I really loved what Joe Kramer did with M:I-RN. As long as the next person is respectful of the franchise and its themes (and uses them appropriately), then I'll be happy.
    Same here. That opening to RN with the Paramount/Skydance/Ali Baba Pictures/Bad Robot flashing across the screen to Kraemer's variation of the famous theme was one of the most exciting moments in cinema for me in 2015. Sheer perfection.
    I agree about that intro, but that doesn´t change that both Giacchino and Kramer´s scores were far from perfect and had a lot of let-downs throughout. A few good seconds alone don´t make a great film soundtrack yet.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Still, I would take scores from either of the two over what Newman has provided for the last two Bonds
    Thanks for the link. Tate Modern is a distinctive looking building at a great location right on the Thames riverbank. Great choice and never been used as far as I know. Just gets one more excited.
    A fight - AVTAK style - on top of London Eye is probably next :-)
    Gotta love Cruise for his filmmaking enthusiasm.
    Another possible Bond location crossed off the list
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 5,767
    talos7 wrote: »
    Still, I would take scores from either of the two over what Newman has provided for the last two Bonds
    Haha, there is no arguing about that!

Gotta love Cruise for his filmmaking enthusiasm.
    And admire him for checking off all those amazing locations that should be used for Bond films.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I agree about that intro, but that doesn´t change that both Giacchino and Kramer´s scores were far from perfect and had a lot of let-downs throughout. A few good seconds alone don´t make a great film soundtrack yet.
    I honestly don't have any complaints about Kraemer's work on RN. I thought it was quite good. I liked Giacchino's score for GP too, but if I remember correctly, I think he did a better job on MI:3. I also liked Zimmer and Elfman's work. So really I've had no complaints to date, although think Kraemer and Elfman have been the best of the lot so far.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I honestly don't have any complaints about Kraemer's work on RN. I thought it was quite good. I liked Giacchino's score for GP too, but if I remember correctly, I think he did a better job on MI:3. I also liked Zimmer and Elfman's work. So really I've had no complaints to date, although think Kraemer and Elfman have been the best of the lot so far.

Haven't listened that much to the soundtracks, but this is pretty much my impression, too. Kraemer and Elfman made two nice sounding soundtracks. Wouldn't be against one of them doing a Bond score!