Tom Hardy wants to be next Bond with Nolan directing

Comments

• The beard is removable, the muscles not entirely appropriate but the tattoos? Sorry, I can explain away a light haired Bond, but not one with 'Mother' inked across his bicep.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,690
    The beard is removable, the muscles not entirely appropriate but the tattoos? Sorry, I can explain away a light haired Bond, but not one with 'Mother' inked across his bicep.

They can CGI it out.

I think he should alter his voice a bit.... his voice sounds a bit off for Bond.....
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 6,601
    SaintMark wrote:
    . I am quite sure he can handle humor better than the current actor. IMHO

I think, if you remember the funny lines and one liners, he has had, he has great timing and delivers them quite well. Its more the script and the dialogue, that doesn't give him much opportunity to proof it.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 3,167
    Wtf... people dismissing him because of his HEIGHT?

Hardy is 178cm like Craig and Tom Cruise is 170cm.

But his "buff" look (he is usually very muscular) and his many tattoos are no-nos. But then again - one of his tattoos is the british flag, so...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Zekidk wrote:
    Wtf... people dismissing him because of his HEIGHT?

Evidently ! You wouldn't a midget as Bond, would you ?
    @DaltonCraig007

So according to you, Daniel Craig (same height) is a "midget"? Okay dude!
    Zekidk wrote:
    @DaltonCraig007

So according to you, Daniel Craig (same height) is a "midget"? Okay dude!

lol where did I say that ? Craig and Hardy simply aren't as tall as Connery or Moore, which for me should be the standard height for Bond.
    Hardy? No.
    @DaltonCraig007

You are calling Hardy a "midget." But Hardy has the same height as Craig (both 178cm).
    So if Hardy is a "midget" (according to you), so most Craig be according to you. And btw, Connery is only 2cm taller than both Craig and Hardy. I guess that equals "almost midget", right?
    Zekidk wrote:
    @DaltonCraig007

You are calling Hardy a "midget." But Hardy has the same height as Craig (both 178cm).
    So if Hardy is a "midget" (according to you), so most Craig be according to you. And btw, Connery is only 2cm taller than both Craig and Hardy. I guess that equals "almost midget", right?

I think you misunderstood my post......

You said 'Wtf... people dismissing him because of his HEIGHT?'

Well, why shouldn't we dismiss actors because of height ? if an actor looked and acted totally Bond, but was only 150 centimeters tall, I would dismiss him. I was just saying height is a determining factor for Bond actors... so no I didn't call Hardy or Craig midgets.

I didn't call Hardy a midget !! I just asked if a midget looked like Bond, would you dismiss him because of his height ?

Hardy isn't tall, but in no way he can be called a midget.

What I said : 'You wouldn't a midget as Bond, would you ?' had nothing to do with Hardy.
    No one is talking about actors who are 150cm. That's not the issue. The issue is, that some are dismissing Hardy because he is two cm shorter than Connery and the same height as Craig. That's very "wtf" to me! Even if Hardy was only 170cm - like Tom Cruise- I wouldn't disqualify him just because of his height, because it's - for me - matters what's up there on the screen. And Ethan Hunt certainly doesn't look like he is only 170cm.
    The problem is that Hardy looks short. And his buff body doesn't help - it looks odd.
  • Zekidk wrote:
    The issue is, that some are dismissing Hardy because he is two cm shorter than Connery and the same height as Craig. That's very "wtf" to me!

'wtf' kind of accident has befallen poor Sean Connery that has sliced NINE cm off his height??

Hardy is 178cm and Connery 189cm, that's 11cm difference, basic maths??

• edited March 2012 Posts: 3,167
    LOL, oh my bad. My Google-search went for Jason instead of Sean.
    The problem is that Hardy looks short. And his buff body doesn't help - it looks odd.
    Looks short? Compared to? Like I said - there are ways that the filmmakers can make you look much taller than you are. For me - it's what up there on the screen, not the red carpet.
    Tom+Hardy+9th+Annual+VES+Awards+Red+Carpet+-M7zbo7sfAnl.jpg
    Samuel001 wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:
    I'm betting Craig will step down after Bond 24 in 2014

What makes you think that? If anything I'd say the opposite is true - he's young enough to keep on going. Know something we don't...

Actually, I love Craig's Bond and really hope he does 5 films, but I just fear that the huge physical demands on the role, as played by Craig, will take their toll, and that by Bond 24, when he's 46, he may feel that enough is enough and call it a day. But I hope he doesn't, and that he makes Bond 25 his last film at the age of 48.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The beard is removable, the muscles not entirely appropriate but the tattoos? Sorry, I can explain away a light haired Bond, but not one with 'Mother' inked across his bicep.

Connery's arm tattoos were never an issue. The make-up department fixed that. They didn't even need CGI.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 371
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Connery's arm tattoos were never an issue. The make-up department fixed that. They didn't even need CGI.

It's amazing how they can CGI out tattoos these days...

daniel-craig-tattoo-2.jpg

• edited March 2012 Posts: 4,813
    James Bond TOM HARDY
    M MICHAEL CAINE or GARY OLDMAN
    Q MORGAN FREEMAN
    Moneypenny MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL or KATIE HOLMES
    Villain 1 LIAM NEESON
    Villain 2 AARON ECKHART
    Villain 3 CHRISTIAN BALE

You forgot Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Ellen Page, lol
    Seriously Nolan is like Tim Burton & Johnny Depp or Paul Anderson & Milla Jovovich when it comes to directors sticking with the same bunch of actors for every damn movie!
    I'd like Nolan for a Bond movie- we've had tons of directors over the years and lots of styles. It couldn't hurt IMO. We almost got Steven Spielberg at one point, don't forget! As for Hardy, I think he'd be fine. I don't think he's too short. Shorter than ME, maybe, but he's not a 'short' guy.

This photo may be turning into a reality though:
    (This pic is from before GoldenEye, when Mel was rumored for the role. Is Bond shrinking??
    shrinkingbond.jpg

Actually, if Nolan directed and he brought his 'usual suspects' with him, I'd be up for Hardy OR Bale as Bond!
    Thanks Master_Dahark, I hadn't seen that picture in years !! :)
  • Actually, if Nolan directed and he brought his 'usual suspects' with him, I'd be up for Hardy OR Bale as Bond!

There's definitely a bit of Bond in Bale, I always thought he'd of been good, probably too late now..

bruce-wayne2.jpg
    Bond doesn't have a lisp
    Actually Tim Dalton is 6ft 1.75in and not just 6ft as the photo above states. I've actually been pressed right up alongside him at the TLD premier and can vouch that he's taller than my 6ft frame...

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Timothy-Dalton-1104.html

But personally I don't think Hardy is right for Bond, too fey and too short. Much prefer Henry Cavill whose height is 6 ft 0.5 in
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,350
    ColonelSun wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:

What makes you think that? If anything I'd say the opposite is true - he's young enough to keep on going. Know something we don't...

Actually, I love Craig's Bond and really hope he does 5 films, but I just fear that the huge physical demands on the role, as played by Craig, will take their toll, and that by Bond 24, when he's 46, he may feel that enough is enough and call it a day. But I hope he doesn't, and that he makes Bond 25 his last film at the age of 48.

The scripts can be altered accordingly. If Craig wants to keep playing Bond and EON are happy for him to, I see no reason why he won't continue into his 50's. Just look at 'older' action stars today like, Willis, Stallone and Schwarzenegger. Being 50+ today I don't think is what it once was. No actor has wanted to willingly leave before that time anyway. Until the 'eight film' thing doesn't happen, I'll believe there's a chance it might. If it works, it won't be changed.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:

The scripts can be altered accordingly. If Craig wants to keep playing Bond and EON are happy for him to, I see no reason why he won't continue into his 50's. Just look at 'older' action stars today like, Willis, Stallone and Schwarzenegger. Being 50+ today I don't think is what it once was. No actor has wanted to willingly leave before that time anyway. Until the 'eight film' thing doesn't happen, I'll believe there's a chance it might. If it works, it won't be changed.

Craig carrying on into his 50s could work but I don't think it would happen. I think craig will do bond 24, maybe 25, but I don't think he'll do 8 films. Craig is a smart guy and he'll know when the time is right to step down and hand over to a younger guy. And I like craig but I sort of think we should've had a younger actor after brosnan anyway, because of the whole rookie bond thing.

I would've liked a younger actor for CR/QOS, then craig debuts in skyfall.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I would've liked a younger actor for CR/QOS, then craig debuts in skyfall.

That could have been pretty cool in a way
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Actually, if Nolan directed and he brought his 'usual suspects' with him, I'd be up for Hardy OR Bale as Bond!

There's definitely a bit of Bond in Bale, I always thought he'd of been good, probably too late now..

bruce-wayne2.jpg

Please no! I like Bale, great actor, but I don't want him as Bond. I'm not really sure why. Maybe because he's Batman, or maybe because he Christian Bale, I don't know.
    Bale could make a great Bond. But he'd never do it, even with Nolan directing.
    I dunno, his years of playing Batman must have been exhilarating. When that suddenly stops, he could get bored rather quickly and be up for it after all! Of course, that's just me thinking like I was him- I'd want to do everything, lol
  • RC7 wrote:
    Too small to be Bond unfortunately.

He's as tall as Daniel Craig, 5-foot, 11-inches, according to each actor's IMDB entries. There may be other reasons to say no, but that's not one of them.

• RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    Too small to be Bond unfortunately.

He's as tall as Daniel Craig, 5-foot, 11-inches, according to each actor's IMDB entries. There may be other reasons to say no, but that's not one of them.

Small in stature (too stocky). He's never going to be Bond so it doesn't matter anyway.

This discussion has been closed.