Tom Hardy wants to be next Bond with Nolan directing

Comments

Samuel001 wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    ColonelSun wrote:
    I'm betting Craig will step down after Bond 24 in 2014

What makes you think that? If anything I'd say the opposite is true - he's young enough to keep on going. Know something we don't...

Actually, I love Craig's Bond and really hope he does 5 films, but I just fear that the huge physical demands on the role, as played by Craig, will take their toll, and that by Bond 24, when he's 46, he may feel that enough is enough and call it a day. But I hope he doesn't, and that he makes Bond 25 his last film at the age of 48.

The scripts can be altered accordingly. If Craig wants to keep playing Bond and EON are happy for him to, I see no reason why he won't continue into his 50's. Just look at 'older' action stars today like, Willis, Stallone and Schwarzenegger. Being 50+ today I don't think is what it once was. No actor has wanted to willingly leave before that time anyway. Until the 'eight film' thing doesn't happen, I'll believe there's a chance it might. If it works, it won't be changed.

And really, if Renner's run at Bourne isn't very successful (which I don't think it will be very good), then physical Bond won't really have too much competition. Craig will be able to relax in the role a bit.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Look at Tom Cruise. The guy is 50 and he's still running around doing Gid knows what and all sorts in the mi films.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't want Nolan directing a Bond film? Great director and movie maker but I find the prospect of him directing a Bond film uncomfortable. There are better choices IMO.
    doubleoego wrote:
    There are better choices IMO.

Like who? in my Directors thread Nolan is a common name:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1468/what-directors-would-you-like-to-see-helm-a-bond-film-or-more/p4#Item_104
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    No, no, no to Hardy. If Dan must step down (hopefully never) it is Fassy or nothing.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    No to Nolan. He would take it far too seriously. When have his films had any humor?
    echo wrote:
    No to Nolan. He would take it far too seriously. When have his films had any humor?

Ledger's Joker had plenty of "humor". Also Hardy's and JGL's characters in Inception had a few good moments
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    There are better choices IMO.

Like who? in my Directors thread Nolan is a common name:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1468/what-directors-would-you-like-to-see-helm-a-bond-film-or-more/p4#Item_104

Popular doesn't always mean best or right for that matter. John Woo and Ang Lee are amazing directors but MI2 and Hulk respectively weren't that great and nowhere near as good as some of their best work imo. I would sooner see a Bond film by Danny Boyle, Matt Vaugn or even Kenneth Branagh.
    Kenneth Branagh for Bond! That´s genius! Sorry, I´m off topic.
    No, no, no to Hardy. If Dan must step down (hopefully never) it is Fassy or nothing.
    I respect your opinion, but that would be exactly the choice face over acting skills which I wouldn´t want.

It´s a shame so many people here are against Hardy. The more I think about it, the more I would like to see him play Bond.

John woo should direct a bond film. Bond goes up against chinese drug lords with amazing gun fu skills.
  • John woo should direct a bond film. Bond goes up against chinese drug lords with amazing gun fu skills.

picard-facepalm.jpg

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    RC7 wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:
    he played the Bond type of character and really looked the part.

I didn't think he was anything like Bond.

Hardy acted totally Bond in Inception.... he just didn't look like Bond at all.

Going out on a limb here, but I think I felt he acted similar to his character in Layer Cake (which is a good thing, but not Bond to me).
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    James Bond TOM HARDY
    M MICHAEL CAINE or GARY OLDMAN
    Q MORGAN FREEMAN
    Moneypenny MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL or KATIE HOLMES
    Villain 1 LIAM NEESON
    Villain 2 AARON ECKHART
    Villain 3 CHRISTIAN BALE

You forgot Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Ellen Page, lol
    Seriously Nolan is like Tim Burton & Johnny Depp or Paul Anderson & Milla Jovovich when it comes to directors sticking with the same bunch of actors for every damn movie!
    I'd like Nolan for a Bond movie- we've had tons of directors over the years and lots of styles. It couldn't hurt IMO. We almost got Steven Spielberg at one point, don't forget! As for Hardy, I think he'd be fine. I don't think he's too short. Shorter than ME, maybe, but he's not a 'short' guy.

Actually, if Nolan directed and he brought his 'usual suspects' with him, I'd be up for Hardy OR Bale as Bond!

Yeah, Nolan is a lot like Tim Burton and Paul Anderson, except that he sticks with a larger group of people, instead of just one. And, I do think Nolan would bring a great epicness to Bond, that we haven't seen before, but I also think he'll just IMAX the whole thing, screwing up the epicness simply because he's overselling it.
    Yeah, Nolan is a lot like Tim Burton and Paul Anderson, except that he sticks with a larger group of people, instead of just one. And, I do think Nolan would bring a great epic-ness to Bond, that we haven't seen before, but I also think he'll just IMAX the whole thing, screwing up the epicness simply because he's overselling it.

I do agree on one part: Nolan would bring a new scale to Bond we haven't seen in decades. It would be flamboyant, the action scenes would be huge, and I do believe he would bring some humor in. He's a huge fan of Bond. If he's been thinking of Inception since the age of 12, imagine was he has thought up for Bond!

But you say he's 'overselling' his films with IMAX, and that's where I disagree. He was one of the first big names in Hollywood to throw all his support into the medium. He's not like Disney, or Cameron, throwing their old work back and making a new buck on it. He's doing it properly, spanning large amounts of his films, and making it work. Its part of the production process, not just a last-minute attempt at a few extra bucks (like Skyfall will be).

Same thing with Brad Bird. I follow him on Twitter and the only time he crops up is when he's defending IMAX. He feels, if your going to use it, you have to use the proper equipment. He incorporates it from the beginning of the film's processes so that it has the most effective and dramatic impact on the film.

IMAX is not a cheap way of a few extra bucks. The IMAX experience is truly mesmerizing, and how films should be viewed. Nolan and Bird both feel that IMAX, not 3D should be the future of film, and what a vivid future that would be!
    How about Ronnie Corbett as Bond, I'm sure he is tall enough!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    How about Ronnie Corbett as Bond, I'm sure he is tall enough!

That gag deserves this sort of apology*, identigraph (assuming it was a gag, that is)... ;)

As for Hardy? More Bond villain material - in the manner of Sean Bean - than Bond himself, for me...

*Actually, those opening titles are reminiscent of your avatar... :)

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    But you say he's 'overselling' his films with IMAX, and that's where I disagree. He was one of the first big names in Hollywood to throw all his support into the medium. He's not like Disney, or Cameron, throwing their old work back and making a new buck on it. He's doing it properly, spanning large amounts of his films, and making it work. Its part of the production process, not just a last-minute attempt at a few extra bucks (like Skyfall will be).

I'm not saying I have a problem with IMAX, or that he hasn't used it to good effect, just that he'll oversell the epic scenes by filming them with IMAX cameras. We'll be watching Bond and saying "Hey, IMAX shot!" or "Oh, look at that IMAX shot" instead of caring about the rest of the movie.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Same thing with Brad Bird. I follow him on Twitter and the only time he crops up is when he's defending IMAX. He feels, if your going to use it, you have to use the proper equipment. He incorporates it from the beginning of the film's processes so that it has the most effective and dramatic impact on the film.

Well, I hope Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol is good, but other than The Iron Giant, I've not liked any of his other films. (Truth be told, I had to look him up on Wikipedia just to know who he is, just a second ago.)
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    IMAX is not a cheap way of a few extra bucks. The IMAX experience is truly mesmerizing, and how films should be viewed. Nolan and Bird both feel that IMAX, not 3D should be the future of film, and what a vivid future that would be!

I don't believe that IMAX is a cheap gimmick, like 3D is (well, except for the 'cheap' part; gotta pay an arm and two legs just to see a 3D movie here). I would love it if all theaters were IMAX theaters (just so long as they don't ramp up the price of admission), because I'm sure the experience is a grand one.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I'm not saying I have a problem with IMAX, or that he hasn't used it to good effect, just that he'll oversell the epic scenes by filming them with IMAX cameras. We'll be watching Bond and saying "Hey, IMAX shot!" or "Oh, look at that IMAX shot" instead of caring about the rest of the movie.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Well, I hope Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol is good, but other than The Iron Giant, I've not liked any of his other films. (Truth be told, I had to look him up on Wikipedia just to know who he is, just a second ago.)
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I don't believe that IMAX is a cheap gimmick, like 3D is (well, except for the 'cheap' part; gotta pay an arm and two legs just to see a 3D movie here). I would love it if all theaters were IMAX theaters (just so long as they don't ramp up the price of admission), because I'm sure the experience is a grand one.

MI4 is brilliant, as well as the animated feature, The Incredibles. I highly recommend it, especially if you are into superhero lore.
    MI4 is brilliant, as well as the animated feature, The Incredibles. I highly recommend it, especially if you are into superhero lore.

Agreed. When he said he didn't like any of his films besides the Iron Giant, I was hoing he hadn't seen the Incredibles. What an excellent, excellent film, and one of the best espionage scores to date. Rivals Barry ( because he worked on the project ;) )

I've seen The Incredibles, and other than a great performance by Samuel L. Jackson (the other actors I cannot name), I didn't like it. It worked too hard at what it was trying to do.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2012 Posts: 4,446
    If Daniel Craig signs his Bond 26 contract for 2019 release and Eon give Hardy a 3 movie deal who he must follow and Barney Clark take over after him for a 5 part movie deal, mabey.

If i think difrent at that time, mabey Hardy can take over for Bond 27 for 2022 release when Bond turn 60. Then he is 44/45. His second in 2024 and his last one in 2027. Then we get no Bond for 5 years and in 2032 with the 70th party, Roger Moore at the age of 104 (turn 105) anouched Barney Clark (39 years old) as the 8th Bond for a release on what soposetobe Sean Connery his 102th Birthday.

Serius, From the footage of that Spy movie i thaught he have been a intresting Bond like Gerard Butler have been. But i don't think Hardy look old enough to be James Bond what also be a doubt about Butler. I not say no at the moment, but also not yes. Christopher Nolan should be more extended his profile of movies. Mabey in 2022 he douse and dropt some of his dark style. I think it be kind of loss Nolan don't cast hardy as follow up of The Joker, because he have the looks of Ledger.
    It worked too hard at what it was trying to do.

Perhaps this isn't the place, but could you elaborate? It was trying to be a bombastic 60's flared superhero flick. I don't see them trying, I see them succeeding. What was wrong with it? Thats like saying I work too hard at my job.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Perhaps this isn't the place, but could you elaborate? It was trying to be a bombastic 60's flared superhero flick. I don't see them trying, I see them succeeding. What was wrong with it? Thats like saying I work too hard at my job.

I saw it more as a film where the superheroes were challenged by the law to quit, but in the end showed that the world really needs heroes like them. And they definitely succeeded in that regard. I love how they showed the action filled life of a hero and then years later the monotonous life away from the thrills in an office job or a stay at home mom. It explored how your powers had to be used responsibly and that close family ties were essential during a crisis. It even had interfamily stressed relationships between Bob and Helen, as well as the kids. It was so much deeper than a superhero flick. It is the Dark Knight of animated flicks in how serious it employs itself. I will have to watch that again very soon.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Perhaps this isn't the place, but could you elaborate?

I actually can't elaborate. I haven't seen the film since it first came out on DVD (the one and only time I watched it) and truth be told, can't really remember most of it.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I actually can't elaborate. I haven't seen the film since it first came out on DVD (the one and only time I watched it) and truth be told, can't really remember most of it.

Give it another look! If not to just enjoy the Barry inspired score!
    ColonelSun wrote:
    WVPoef wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    tqb wrote:
    tomhardybond.jpg

Great actor. Not Bond.

Great actor. Perfect Bond.
    In Inception he played the Bond type of character and really looked the part. I will give Craig 1or2 more Bond movies but after that I will love Tom taking over as Bond.

I agree. I can see Hardy being Bond. He's an amazing actor. I think, when the time arrives (I'm betting Craig will step down after Bond 24 in 2014), it will come down to Fassbender or Hardy.

either Actor I'd be fine with that said I want at least 2 more out of craig 5 is a nice solid number. though if we got 8 man I'd be happy
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I love the people that hold a strong opinion about a film that they only bothered to watch once. A film needs watched 3+ times before a clear opinion can be formed. One-time watchers are not reliable reviewers.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I love the people that hold a strong opinion about a film that they only bothered to watch once. A film needs watched 3+ times before a clear opinion can be formed. One-time watchers are not reliable reviewers.

I have seen CR 6 times in theaters, and QOS 4 times in cinemas !!

And I thank you for doing that before making your opinion. I was referring simply from personal experience with friends and other members on this forum. :-bd
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 12,837

And I thank you for doing that before making your opinion. I was referring simply from personal experience with friends and other members on this forum. :-bd

I have to admit I haven't seen QOS much. I saw it at the cinema, at a mates house (I was drunk then so maybe that doesn't count), and I bought the DVD, but I haven't watched it for a while. I think I should be fair and watch it again since I think it's the worst one.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 1,261
    DarthDimi wrote:
    With this beard, I will let him be Bond any day! Make it a period piece... starring the 1875 James Bond.

article-2117511-122A2DA8000005DC-527_468x692.jpg

So back to facial hair matters we are?

\:D/

And it was not even me starting this ... =))
This discussion has been closed.