Tom Hardy wants to be next Bond with Nolan directing

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I love the people that hold a strong opinion about a film that they only bothered to watch once. A film needs watched 3+ times before a clear opinion can be formed. One-time watchers are not reliable reviewers.

So, in order to form an opinion, you need to force yourself to watch a movie you didn't like the first time?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Hmm... strange argument indeed. If I genuinely dislike a film upon my first viewing, what incentive would I have to sit through it again except for the sake of self-abuse? Granted, sometimes I do make myself watch a film again, in cases where I'm not entirely convinced I got the full experience of a movie the first time. However, not even a loaded gun can make me watch 'Don't Go In The Woods' ever again.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I think the difference in this scenario is, yes you wouldn't watch a movie again if you didn't like it. But if it's a Bond movie, I think we're all more likely to come back to it, even if we don't really like it the first time.

Just look how everyone's movie ranking changes month to month! Take me and YOLT for instance-- I ranked that as not only my least favorite Connery movie, but my least favorite BOND FILM.
    I sat down one night with an open mind and found that it wasn't bad like I remember-- and now I like it quite a lot!

I think that's what's going on here
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I think the difference in this scenario is, yes you wouldn't watch a movie again if you didn't like it. But if it's a Bond movie, I think we're all more likely to come back to it, even if we don't really like it the first time.

Just look how everyone's movie ranking changes month to month! Take me and YOLT for instance-- I ranked that as not only my least favorite Connery movie, but my least favorite BOND FILM.
    I sat down one night with an open mind and found that it wasn't bad like I remember-- and now I like it quite a lot!

I think that's what's going on here

Except we're talking about The Incredibles at the moment.
    Except we're talking about The Incredibles at the moment.

I'd suggest giving it a view. If you utterly hated it the first time, don't bother. But if you don't remember why you dislike it, give it another go. You can always turn it off.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love the people that hold a strong opinion about a film that they only bothered to watch once. A film needs watched 3+ times before a clear opinion can be formed. One-time watchers are not reliable reviewers.

I have seen CR 6 times in theaters, and QOS 4 times in cinemas !!

And I thank you for doing that before making your opinion. I was referring simply from personal experience with friends and other members on this forum. :-bd

I have to admit I haven't seen QOS much. I saw it at the cinema, at a mates house (I was drunk then so maybe that doesn't count), and I bought the DVD, but I haven't watched it for a while. I think I should be fair and watch it again since I think it's the worst one.

For sure. Then go here and share your thoughts:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1117/qos-appreciation-yes-i-said-appreciation/p8#Item_217
  • I would love to see Tom as some kind of British agent that betrays Bond or the service in favor for the villain.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I would love to see Tom as some kind of British agent that betrays Bond or the service in favor for the villain.

No thanks. I've seen enough traitors in the last 4 films. b-(
  • I would love to see Tom as some kind of British agent that betrays Bond or the service in favor for the villain.

Touche'. However, I would be interested in at least seeing a screen test of Tom as Bond. Just to see it.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I would love to see Tom as some kind of British agent that betrays Bond or the service in favor for the villain.

That is the reality of intelligence work, no matter the agency. Sadly, some people don't like Bond to have realism.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

That is the reality of intelligence work, no matter the agency. Sadly, some people don't like Bond to have realism.

When I want realism, I watch Spooks, when I want larger-than-life adventures, OTT campy stuff, silly one liners, gadgets, I watch Bond.

• I believe Bond should have at least some realism. Bond is very much a larger-than-life character, but he's also very much a character that needs depth in order to be portrayed rightfully. If that makes sense. This is why I enjoy DC so much, as he brought a more realistic emotion to Bond that I enjoyed seeing in the books. I believe Tom has that particular power, but not quite right for Bond.
    I just want Craig in a decent 007 movie first.

AND Nolan is highly overrated, he might actually do the 007 franchise a big disservice if he were to do one. His movies breathe little fun and do impress in the first run, but on second or third helpings they get tedious and not just more fun.

People only now notice the great Gary Oldman and his part when That Aussie playing the Joker got the price (Heck, Jack was better in the part, imho). Christian Bale makes Bruce Wayne look like a very unpleasen person. Inception was visually great but not that spectacular that I would want to see it again. It did not do that well.

Nolan should inject some fun into his movies then we talk about his suitability for the 007 franchise.
    SaintMark wrote:
    I just want Craig in a decent 007 movie first.

AND Nolan is highly overrated, he might actually do the 007 franchise a big disservice if he were to do one. His movies breathe little fun and do impress in the first run, but on second or third helpings they get tedious and not just more fun.

People only now notice the great Gary Oldman and his part when That Aussie playing the Joker got the price (Heck, Jack was better in the part, imho). Christian Bale makes Bruce Wayne look like a very unpleasen person. Inception was visually great but not that spectacular that I would want to see it again. It did not do that well.

Nolan should inject some fun into his movies then we talk about his suitability for the 007 franchise.

There's a difference b/w disliking someone's work, and tediously picking it apart. You can't deny someone has skill when they can appeal to the masses. And Inception did VERY well.
  • tqbtqb
    The next bond actor will probably be none of the common "contenders" that we talk about. Its a pointless debate.
  • tqb wrote:
    The next bond actor will probably be none of the common "contenders" that we talk about. Its a pointless debate.

Exactly.
    After seeing TDK and Inception and hated both of them i wouln't want to see nolan direct a bond film.
    TDK should have been called The Joker because he seems to dominate the film.
    I am not a huge fan of Hardy.Many people like him but I am not one of those people.
    He is not showing enough emotions...

Nolan as director?hm.. weird.I am pretty sure Bond will be different if Nolan directed it
    dragonsky wrote:
    I am not a huge fan of Hardy.Many people like him but I am not one of those people.
    He is not showing enough emotions...

Nolan as director?hm.. weird.I am pretty sure Bond will be different if Nolan directed it

Nolan is a very respectable man when it comes to content. He's a huge fan of Bond, and has been from a very young age. He wouldn't dare change the basic character of Bond. But best continue here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1468/what-directors-would-you-like-to-see-helm-a-bond-film-or-more/p4#Item_115
    001 wrote:
    TDK should have been called The Joker because he seems to dominate the film.

With the performance Heath Ledger gave, I can certainly understand why. Plus, there was plenty of Bruce Wayne/Batman in that movie, Nolan probably just wanted to develop him from the POV of the villains he takes on in the film, seeing as how Batman Begins was purely from his POV.
  • tqbtqb
    If Nolan directs a Bond it should be the next time they introduce a new Bond- Nolan might give the series another new "direction"
    tqb wrote:
    If Nolan directs a Bond it should be the next time they introduce a new Bond- Nolan might give the series another new "direction"

Nolan should make a trilogy with an actor, and then both should move on. That way we only spend 6-8 years with them, Nolan completes his storyline(s) and for all those who don't like the new direction, they can move on to different things.

But that won't happen :/
    A bit off topic but as mentioned earlier I prefer Jack Nicholson to Heath Ledger as the Joker, and while we are at it anyboy else think that Keaton is the best Bruce Wayne?
    ^ Absolutely!! In fact, I just bought this-- something I've been waiting to be made since I was a little boy!

By HOT TOYS. This will have a place of honor on my desk. HIS FREAKING EYEBALLS MOVE :O

DSC_0275-1.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,894
    If i'm not mistaken, that one has a truck load load of accessories. Though I can't wait for Sideshow Toys' 12" The Shadow figure. Sadly the release date's been pushed back due to problems with the hat.
    If i'm not mistaken, that one has a truck load load of accessories. Though I can't wait for Sideshow Toys' 12" The Shadow figure. Sadly the release date's been pushed back due to problems with the hat.

Talking of sideshow major, I was hoping for some more figures in their Bond range seeing as its a celebratort year? Sadly alas it appears there is nothing forthcoming? Like Corgi this is a real shame! :-q
    If Hot Toys ever did James Bond, they would have ALL of my money
    If Hot Toys ever did James Bond, they would have ALL of my money

Looking at your Batman purchase? I would do the same! :-bd
    BTW, it just so happens that we'll be getting a Hot Toys Tom Hardy pretty soon as Bane (he'll be bald, but maybe someone daring enough can put a tux on him and sculpt some hair... see how he looks as Bond?)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote:

Talking of sideshow major, I was hoping for some more figures in their Bond range seeing as its a celebratort year? Sadly alas it appears there is nothing forthcoming? Like Corgi this is a real shame! :-q

yes, it's been a while since they last released a Bond figure, hasn't it. I only got around to getting Connery (GF- nightime snooping), Lazenby (attack on Piz Gloria blue suit), Dalton (LTK Dinner Jacket), Brosnan (DAD Dinner Jaket), OO6 (standard version) & Pussy Galore).

I find Hot Toys to be a bit expensive, but if the quality is good, then I guess the price doesn't matter. Dragon Toys are les expensive, but still good quality. Because I love the Danger Girls comics, I have Dragons 1/6 12" scale Abby Chase & Sydney Savage figures. :D They're solidly built and easily posible. Though I would have rathered Sydney come dressed in her trademark catsuit, I have bought a Triad Toys catuit, so I plan on doing a bit of kitbashing. :-B
This discussion has been closed.