The Orville (Fox TV, 2017- Present)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    What I love about the Orville is that every episode just gets better and better each week. It's like a gradual increase of endorphin's. \m/

I am rewatching episode 4 lol I am locked into this show, I know you know your music the music in this episode is fantastic. I often say music is 50 per cent of a film or show

Once again we are at full agreement. Ever since I was little music has always made in impact on me when watching a movie or show. The Orville has delivered one of the best music scores in a very long time.

I think I recall you saying you want to buy the score, I will it really is good no idea who the composer is.

That I do when one becomes available. The Orville has been composed by some famous composers.

Bruce Broughton
    Joel McNeely
    John Debney
    and
    Andrew Cottee
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    What I love about the Orville is that every episode just gets better and better each week. It's like a gradual increase of endorphin's. \m/

I am rewatching episode 4 lol I am locked into this show, I know you know your music the music in this episode is fantastic. I often say music is 50 per cent of a film or show

Once again we are at full agreement. Ever since I was little music has always made in impact on me when watching a movie or show. The Orville has delivered one of the best music scores in a very long time.

I think I recall you saying you want to buy the score, I will it really is good no idea who the composer is.

That I do when one becomes available. The Orville has been composed by some famous composers.

Bruce Broughton
    Joel McNeely
    John Debney
    and
    Andrew Cottee

I'll keep looking on Amazon music that's where I buy from
    I check The Orville reddit for news daily. :D
    beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b50421cf5acae3125c65ba5d8f.jpg

bz50jhtfjo801.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    We love you Seth!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,102
    Episode 5 we know where this is going from the off though good fun as always and exciting stuff.
    I thought one of the good things about A Million Ways to Die in the West was the chemistry of Theron and MacFarlane and it continues here.

Adrianne Palicki oh my I think she is great in this show.

Episode 5 is a great episode directed by the legendary Jonathan Frakes. :-bd

Two Frakes episodes in a week for me lol

Soon to be three. :D

Soon to be three. :D
    Theron a possible Mudd or Vash recurring character, the worm hole sequence was good.
    The Orville episode 6, another good episode full of little nods and a strong message, and it's dam funny.

The last line in the episode sent chives down the spine
    Krill was probably my least favorite episode of season one. It has a lot of great ideas but some of it's execution was faulty.
    Gordon and Ed's fumbling about the Krill ship was quite tiresome. I get that it was for tension but Gordon needed to tone it down a bit. The episode feels a bit rushed too but I do agree it had a great strong message.
    Krill was probably my least favorite episode of season one. It has a lot of great ideas but some of it's execution was faulty.
    Gordon and Ed's fumbling about the Krill ship was quite tiresome. I get that it was for tension but Gordon needed to tone it down a bit. The episode feels a bit rushed too but I do agree it had a great strong message.

It may have benefitted from a sub plot running parallel with the main story, just to take us away from the
    Krill Ship

It may have benefitted from a sub plot running parallel with the main story, just to take us away from the
    Krill Ship
    I'm fine that it was all focused on Ed and Gordon's mission, I just feel like their bumbling around for comedy hurt the seriousness of the mission. When their holographic disguises were failing, that was genuine tension and suspense. Gordon stuttering and pretending to know the Krill lady's dead brother almost blowing their cover wasn't. The Krill ship interiors were rather plain too. I think this episode would have been better saved for season 2 honestly.

Krill Ship
    I'm fine that it was all focused on Ed and Gordon's mission, I just feel like their bumbling around for comedy hurt the seriousness of the mission. When their holographic disguises were failing, that was genuine tension and suspense. Gordon stuttering and pretending to know the Krill lady's dead brother almost blowing their cover wasn't. The Krill ship interiors were rather plain too. I think this episode would have been better saved for season 2 honestly.

I turn a blind eye to some of that carry on, I guess I expect it as there has been alot of comedy in what I have seen so far. I do feel when the writing and acting is serious they do nail it, it's obvious Seth loves this genre and it must be a 'life long ambition' to be doing this show. Just realised I quoted Star Trek VI lol

Krill Ship

I turn a blind eye to some of that carry on, I guess I expect it as there has been alot of comedy in what I have seen so far. I do feel when the writing and acting is serious they do nail it, it's obvious Seth loves this genre and it must be a 'life long ambition' to be doing this show. Just realised I quoted Star Trek VI lol

It was okay at first but with the constant repeating it got a bit grating. It doesn't hurt the episode for me though. The cast is excellent and I care about all the characters deeply so I give it a pass. While it's my least favorite episode of the season, I still like it for it's approach and look into the Krill way of life.

Krill Ship

It was okay at first but with the constant repeating it got a bit grating. It doesn't hurt the episode for me though. The cast is excellent and I care about all the characters deeply so I give it a pass. While it's my least favorite episode of the season, I still like it for it's approach and look into the Krill way of life.

I think with the last scene some good World building was established and really puts Mercer in the firing line.

Did you mention that you bought The Orville series score? I was curious what was on it from the episodes.

Krill Ship

I think with the last scene some good World building was established and really puts Mercer in the firing line.

Did you mention that you bought The Orville series score? I was curious what was on it from the episodes.

I agree, that last scene was great. And no, I didn't buy The Orville series score, It doesn't have one yet. I bought Star Trek Discovery's chapter one score.

Krill Ship

I agree, that last scene was great. And no, I didn't buy The Orville series score, It doesn't have one yet. I bought Star Trek Discovery's chapter one score.

Ah that must have been what I read, in the mood for Trek watching Yesterday's Enterprise in HD, love this episode.

Krill Ship

Ah that must have been what I read, in the mood for Trek watching Yesterday's Enterprise in HD, love this episode.

Can't go wrong with that. Yesterday's Enterprise is great. :-bd

Krill Ship

Can't go wrong with that. Yesterday's Enterprise is great. :-bd

The remaster and new effects really do look good.

I'll have to get my hands on it. I've only see the original version.

I'll have to get my hands on it. I've only see the original version.

You must at some point the remastered TNG really is impressive, I have a few Blurays not the full set, though all the HD remasters are on Netflix. I'll buy the full series Bluray Boxset at some point, simply as it will look good on my Trek shelf ;)
    @Murdock

The image pops with the remaster...

yesterdays_enterprise_hd_072.jpg

The lighting for this episode was superb!
    Looks fantastic. :-bd

I am Watching The Alternative Factor TOS season 1 now, it's a episode I often forget about it really is muddled it's not easy to figure out what's going on.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

I am Watching The Alternative Factor TOS season 1 now, it's a episode I often forget about it really is muddled it's not easy to figure out what's going on.
    Easy for ME! After 50 viewings... ;)
    chrisisall wrote: »

Easy for ME! After 50 viewings... ;)

The scene with Kirk and Spock and the ending saves it, I have left the show alone for a few years I like episodes to fade from memory so I can do a full Trekathon, upto Operation Annihalate though felt compelled to watch The Motion Picture again lol it looks amazing.
    Spoilers about Star Trek Discovery.
    Given how the last episode ended with Stamets meeting Mirror Stamets in his own mind? We may have some new version of The Alternative Factor brewing.
    Spoilers about Star Trek Discovery.
    Given how the last episode ended with Stamets meeting Mirror Stamets in his own mind? We may have some new version of The Alternative Factor brewing.

Interesting thought that arc is is the next episode though I wouldn't be surprised I see if
    several more Stamets appeared