The Orville (Fox TV, 2017- Present)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    Spoilers about Star Trek Discovery.
    Given how the last episode ended with Stamets meeting Mirror Stamets in his own mind? We may have some new version of The Alternative Factor brewing.

Interesting thought that arc is is the next episode though I wouldn't be surprised I see if
    several more Stamets appeared

I agree, that seems like a likely possibility.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Given how the last episode ended with Stamets meeting Mirror Stamets in his own mind? We may have some new version of The Alternative Factor brewing.

Interesting thought that arc is is the next episode though I wouldn't be surprised I see if

Garden of the Multiverse
    The show is certainly throwing alot at its audience.

Garden of the Multiverse
    The show is certainly throwing alot at its audience.

That it does. Discovery likes to throw a bunch of things at the wall. Some things stick, and some things don't but it's interesting to see where it goes.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Caught up on The Orville last episode I watched is the blue Alien episode which was amusing, certainly sets up the two main protagonists having a clean slate.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Pretty good, Rob Lowe and his enthusiasm were a perfect fit for that.
    The first season so far had had some good guest stars, no doubt all mates with Seth.
    I'd love to see William Shatner and Patrick Stewart show up as two admirals who argue over which one is the best. :D
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,334
    I'd love to see William Shatner and Patrick Stewart show up as two admirals who argue over which one is the best. :D

That would be pretty cool I would say to Seth MacFarlane '...make it so' ;)

Edited: Just remembered Seth appeared with Patrick Stewart on American Dad, make that call Seth ;))
    Caught up on recent aired episodes in UK, episode 12 was good at the time I was oblivious to the fact it was the series finale. On reflection it was a great episode to finish the first season on.
    It wasn't originally intended to be the season finale. Episode 13 will be the season 2 premier.
    It wasn't originally intended to be the season finale. Episode 13 will be the season 2 premier.

That kind of makes sense, though having a finale that is not focused on being a finale worked.

That kind of makes sense, though having a finale that is not focused on being a finale worked.

Agreed. And it gives them a little more leeway for season 2.
    Speaking of season 2. S2 will premiere on Dec 30th and then move back to Thursday’s in January.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Speaking of season 2. S2 will premiere on Dec 30th and then move back to Thursday’s in January.

And there was much rejoicing.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Just bought season one today.
    Just bought season one today.

I think I will have to buy it too, the show has good rewatchability. Is it a good boxset?
    My was a download only no special features.
    My was a download only no special features.

Just checked noticed the Digital download on Amazon, dvd and Bluray not released yet. Tempted to get the download as it's cheaper.
    I got mine from google play movies for only
    £9, I couldn't pass it up at that price.
    I got mine from google play movies for only
    £9, I couldn't pass it up at that price.

Really... Rushes to Google play lol you know you will be able to watch Google play purchases on YouTube.
    Season 2 trailer and it's bitchin! ;)

Looks awesome can't wait, and we know there will be loads of surprises.

Looks awesome can't wait, and we know there will be loads of surprises.

Me too! The stars are aligned because I'm excited for both season 2 of The Orville and Discovery. :-bd

Oh, I am SO psyched for this!!
    Looks great and even Discovery seems to have found a sense of humour too.
    Fox has ordered more episodes for season 2.
    Excellent!
    Poster for season 2.
    xlY9SeN.png
    Poster for season 2.
    xlY9SeN.png

Looking good.not sure when the release date is in the UK, is it being released a bit later in the US than season 1?
    Looking good.not sure when the release date is in the UK, is it being released a bit later in the US than season 1?

From what I've read season 2 will premier world wide on December 30th. :-bd