Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'd rather say LA Takedown.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I haven t seen that.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Looks like i'll have to check out Blackhat as well then, nice to see it has some fans. I'd also recommend the under appreciated Straight Time (1978) with Dustin Hoffman for those who enjoy Thief as Mann was one of the credited screenwriters.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Inferno (2016)
    ZVLL3tw.jpg
    I was in the mood for some Dan Brown and some Tom Hanks. I didn't enjoy this latest entry, which I had awaited with keen anticipation for 7 long years, as much as I had its predecessor Angels and Demons. That earlier film remains one of my all time favourite mystery thrillers, and so I've now realized that my expectations for its sequel were just too high at inception. Since my first viewing I have revisited Inferno twice including this watch, and the film gets better for me each time. I still don't think it's half as good as its predecessor, but it's got most of what I want from this genre. That includes beautiful and exotic foreign locations, a thrilling mass disaster plot, suspenseful action, a race against the clock chase to stop the perpetrator, character misdirection, verbose dialogue, some moments of cultural education for the curious, and a roster of charismatic global actors. One could perhaps be forgiven for thinking I'm talking about classic Bond, and indeed there are a lot of similarities.

Tom Hanks owns the role of Robert Langdon and is effortless playing him, bringing his trademark everyman weariness to the part. The supporting cast is a who's who of global talent, including Felicity Jones, Omar Sy, Irfan Khan (get this man in a Bond film please), Sidse Babett Knudsen and Ana Ularu. Some of them admittedly butcher the English language with their colourful accents (again, just like classic Bond), but there's no doubting the considerable star power at play.

The plot is quite simple. A mass pathogen is developed by a billionaire fanatic, and Professor Langdon is called in to investigate and stop its release. Enroute he loses his memory, encounters a beautiful doctor, visits exotic locales, and is chased by all kinds of characters, including from the WHO, a shady organization called 'The Consortium', and an old girlfriend. Finally, with smarts and a bit of luck, he solves the puzzle and stops a near disaster.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I enjoyed Inferno as well. Not as much as the first two. I'll pick it up on the cheap to complete my collection
    The Room (2003). Literally just 6 minutes in and it's already one of the worst films I've seen. It lives up to its reputation and then some; at least it's so bad it's funny!!!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The Room (2003). Literally just 6 minutes in and it's already one of the worst films I've seen. It lives up to its reputation and then some; at least it's so bad it's funny!!!

I've only seen clips but I must watch this in full before I catch The Disaster Artist.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I've only seen clips but I must watch this in full before I catch The Disaster Artist.

I do want to see that for sure. The Room is possibly the funniest bad movie I’ve seen - right alongside the likes of Troll 2. If it has to be terrible, it had better be funny!

I do want to see that for sure. The Room is possibly the funniest bad movie I’ve seen - right alongside the likes of Troll 2. If it has to be terrible, it had better be funny!

It's going to be tough for me, I've got no patience for these so-bad-it's-good types of movies. I got through 15 minutes of Sharknado once before I wanted to tear my hair out. Should've been declared "so bad it should be illegal".

It's going to be tough for me, I've got no patience for these so-bad-it's-good types of movies..

Nor even Super Mario Brothers?
    I suppose it depends on the movie. What I find humorous about a bad movie you might find to just be bad and vice versa. The Room and Troll 2, while horrible, I find to be funny in numerous scenes. Tommy’s acting in The Room is just too ridiculous; he always does these awkward laughs and sounds/looks baked throughout the entire film.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited December 2017 Posts: 8,158
    Any movie by Neil Breen. :0

It's going to be tough for me, I've got no patience for these so-bad-it's-good types of movies..

Nor even Super Mario Brothers?

I'm pretty sure I saw the opening of that movie on TV a verrrry long time ago. I don't remember anything from it, certainly didn't seem memorable.
    I don t remember a thing from it, either. Just that it s hilarious. I have it recorded.
    The Force Awakens

O'boy o'boy 13+ hours untill The Last Jedi. It's going to be a restless night for me.
    SharkBait wrote: »
    The Force Awakens

O'boy o'boy 13+ hours untill The Last Jedi. It's going to be a restless night for me.
    I must get to TFA tonight. I can't wait for Friday.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    maxresdefault.jpg

I have noticed this on rotation on Movies4Men over the last few weeks. I watched it last night. If it were at all possible to have both Collins, and Dalton, then I would have no objection to the idea of Collins as Bond. That moment, when Skellen makes his move in the study, he takes out 3 of the other side, in around 5 seconds. I had to rewind, and see that bit again.
    Rogue one : I may be in the minority here, but I find it a very worthy addition to the saga. Everything practically perfect in any way.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Rogue one : I may be in the minority here, but I find it a very worthy addition to the saga. Everything practically perfect in any way.

It s a great one.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

It s a great one.

I fully agree.
    Wait- too much agreement here...
    chrisisall wrote: »

It s a great one.

I fully agree.

No worries, I'm here! Wasn't a fan of it, became repetitive pretty quick.

It s a great one.

I fully agree.

Funny, I liked it a lot better the TFA... but to be fair I had HIGH expectations for that one...
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    maxresdefault.jpg

I have noticed this on rotation on Movies4Men over the last few weeks. I watched it last night. If it were at all possible to have both Collins, and Dalton, then I would have no objection to the idea of Collins as Bond. That moment, when Skellen makes his move in the study, he takes out 3 of the other side, in around 5 seconds. I had to rewind, and see that bit again.

Not well thought of in the snobby British film industry but who cares. The climactic assault on the embassy is brilliantly done. And it's a good thriller overall.

It s a great one.

I fully agree.

+1. Did nothing for me.

It s a great one.

I fully agree.

Funny, I liked it a lot better the TFA... but to be fair I had HIGH expectations for that one...

I loved that one, but I went into it having seen the first teaser twice and knowing nothing else beyond what I saw. I had no expectations which may have helped.
    bondjames wrote: »

It s a great one.

I fully agree.

+1. Did nothing for me.

+1

It's going to be tough for me, I've got no patience for these so-bad-it's-good types of movies. I got through 15 minutes of Sharknado once before I wanted to tear my hair out. Should've been declared "so bad it should be illegal".

Me neither. The Room was one of the worst movie experiences i have ever had.

It s a great one.

I fully agree.

I loved that one, but I went into it having seen the first teaser twice and knowing nothing else beyond what I saw. I had no expectations which may have helped.

I was loving it as well, until a certain point... 1200px-Crying-girl.jpg
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

It s a great one.

I fully agree.

Yeah i think it’s at least a 7.5/10 while I would give the force awakens a 4/10.

I think both Disney films (so far) have been great additions to the franchise. They both retain that ot feel and used future look. Unlike the prequels that were too cartoony and futuristic for their own good, them being set 30-20 prior to original trilogy... and the acting and dialogue was more natural in both mouse house films.