"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Unless a massive implosion happens then the battle for 2nd place is on.

I agree. Between Utd and Chelsea.

Stop dreaming of 2nd mate, it's way beyond Arsenal. What's wrong with top 4? No need to go crazy.

Bizarrely Lovren's clumsy push only goes down as the third worst piece of defending of the day.

Two shockers for Utd's goal and City's second. And City's first was hardly brilliant defending.

Whatever happened to good defending? Remember Serie A On C4 before Sky when it would be a 0-0 borefest punctuated occasionally by a moment of brilliance? Why are people almost ashamed to keep clean sheets these days? Seems to be working for Sean Dyche and I doubt Pulis will be out of work long.
    As a non-City fan, this is incredible to watch. They are fantastic, and seem to pick up three point no matter what. The depth of the squad is also on another level from the rest of the league as well.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2017 Posts: 4,554
    Klopp went off! LOL He had a right to. And the reporter who interviewed him lied: not everyone in the studio said it was a penalty.

@TheWizardOfIce : there wasn't a push as much as there was a player who slowed up and allowed contact. Watch how he stops attacking the ball and allows Lovren to run up his back. But it is what it is.
    TripAces wrote: »
    Klopp went off! LOL He had a right to. And the reporter who interviewed him lied: not everyone in the studio said it was a penalty.

I haven't seen that interview yet,it should be on here in a minute.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,395

Stop dreaming of 2nd mate, it's way beyond Arsenal. What's wrong with top 4? No need to go crazy.

Bizarrely Lovren's clumsy push only goes down as the third worst piece of defending of the day.

Two shockers for Utd's goal and City's second. And City's first was hardly brilliant defending.

Whatever happened to good defending? Remember Serie A On C4 before Sky when it would be a 0-0 borefest punctuated occasionally by a moment of brilliance? Why are people almost ashamed to keep clean sheets these days? Seems to be working for Sean Dyche and I doubt Pulis will be out of work long.

When did I include Arsenal in that ?
    I mentioned no names...mate.

We will be VERY lucky to get fourth.
    Personally I would like the season to end,kick Wenger out,and rebuild the whole fucking team.

Never seen him that angry! Even then he smiles and laugh – scary like!

Personally I would like the season to end,kick Wenger out,and rebuild the whole fucking team.

Top fourth is a dream come true by this point. I rather they went all in and win the EL. At least there's a chance for a title.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Haven't seen it. What's he angry about exactly?

The fact he didn't buy any defenders or that one of his players selfishly blasted the ball wide instead of teeing up a team mate to put the game beyond Everton?

If he's angry about the pen he can piss off. If your whole strategy relies on the opposition not having a single chance in the game because your defence is so pitiful then you need to look closer to home mate.

I'm angry. Not at the ref at the clown who can't set up a defence properly.

The fact he didn't buy any defenders or that one of his players selfishly blasted the ball wide instead of teeing up a team mate to put the game beyond Everton?

If he's angry about the pen he can piss off. If your whole strategy relies on the opposition not having a single chance in the game because your defence is so pitiful then you need to look closer to home mate.

Couldn't find a video, but here's a transcript:
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/10/jurgen-klopp-lashes-incredible-post-match-interview-everton-draw-7147664/
    edited December 2017 Posts: 9,117

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/10/jurgen-klopp-lashes-incredible-post-match-interview-everton-draw-7147664/

Plain embarrassing. Jose the same whining about a pen. The fact that Utd were never in the match irrelevant apparently.

Always the ref's fault ain't it boys?

Never seen him that angry! Even then he smiles and laugh – scary like!

Top fourth is a dream come true by this point. I rather they went all in and win the EL. At least there's a chance for a title.

Exactly..win the EL and a Champions League spot it there ,ala Man Utd last season.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 17,297
    Exactly..win the EL and a Champions League spot it there ,ala Man Utd last season.

Mhm. José did the right thing there. When they were to far behind, he just shifted focus. Considering how a season can become, EL win is a good bet.

Plain embarrassing. Jose the same whining about a pen. The fact that Utd were never in the match irrelevant apparently.

...and here's a video:

Of course, Wenger can be just the same in a similar situation, so this is nothing special in that regard.
    Wow ,Klopp was one angry bunny !!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Can't believe we are losing at home yet again! What on earth is going on?!

How was the game?

Watching Newcastle-Leicester right now. 2-2 went to 2-3 from an own goal. Tense game, this.

That is way better boys! Finally a win at home 3-1. Really hoping for a rewarding festive points period now and hopefully put ourselves back in the play off picture?!!!!

3-1? Impressive!

Long overdue my friend, players finally recovering from injury and now able to play makes a huge difference!

Hahah (Klopp inpression), yes! The journo had one difficult interviewee, that for sure! Just saw the Mourinho interview as well. Exemplary in comparison!

How was the game?

Watching Newcastle-Leicester right now. 2-2 went to 2-3 from an own goal. Tense game, this.

That is way better boys! Finally a win at home 3-1. Really hoping for a rewarding festive points period now and hopefully put ourselves back in the play off picture?!!!!

3-1? Impressive!

Long overdue my friend, players finally recovering from injury and now able to play makes a huge difference!

No doubt about that. Must be a good result going into the game at Elland Road!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Jose? Yes. Klopp? No. He had every reason to be angry.

Jose? Yes. Klopp? No. He had every reason to be angry.

Haven't seen the replay to be fair so it may well be.

But with these guys it's always a decision by the ref that costs them.

Liverpool should've been out of sight and that's not the ref's fault or Everton's it's Mane's so dig him out before you start sticking it to the journalist.

Hahah (Klopp inpression), yes! The journo had one difficult interviewee, that for sure! Just saw the Mourinho interview as well. Exemplary in comparison!

How was the game?

3-1? Impressive!

Definitely a good result. Leeds will be a tough match! Hoping for a positive result so I can wind up a couple of the lads at work! Lol!

How was the game?

3-1? Impressive!

Definitely a good result. Leeds will be a tough match! Hoping for a positive result so I can wind up a couple of the lads at work! Lol!

Let's hope for a good result then! Nélson Oliveira is a name that has come up on some goal notifications lately. Good player?

Incredible how your reception of José has stifted. You were idlozing the mean as a semi god not long ago...

Anyway in other news:

Barcelona are back on winning tracks after two frustrating draws with two perfectly fine goals disallowed in both games. A vin away against tricky Villareal was very important and pleasing. The team still does not look like world beaters, but with Suarez slowly runding his form and Dembele soon returning from injury, things could turn in 2018. Fingers crossed.
    jobo wrote: »
    Incredible how your reception of José has stifted. You were idlozing the mean as a semi god not long ago...

Sorry to shatter your rose tinted world but Pep would be exactly the same.

Jose still the guvnor as but for a preposterous double save Utd would have come away with a point.

Despite all City and Liverpool's dominance in the two games the two managers who at least know how to set up defences properly almost came away with two points between them. I

It's no secret to anyone how Jose and Big Sam were going to set up so if Pep and Jurgen really were the geniuses we're led to believe they would have come up with a better way to counter it than relying on their keeper to make a miracle save/save a pen.

Southampton, Everton and Utd had 88% between them out of 300% or an average of 29% yet Southampton could easily have won, Everton nicked a point and Utd could've nicked a point. That's hardly a spectacular vindication of possession football.

At the end of the day you can tiki taka all you like but it's goals that count. If you don't score enough of them but you do concede them you drop points.

Klopp's bleating particulary pathetic as if Everton are defrauding everyone by not leaving themselves wide open like idiot teams such as Spartak who clearly didn't even the most basic research as to how we play.

Pep got away with it yesterday because Utd's defence made some sloppy errors but Jurgen didn't because our defence did what it always does. This whole attitude of 'this my philosophy and I'm not changing the way we play for anyone' betrays a sign of weakness in a manager rather than greatness.

Pep gets away with it because he always has the best squad in the league. Jurgen never does have the best squad and thus has been found wanting when it matters as his record in finals proves.

People can slag Jose and park the bus as a tactic all they want but it's a legitimate strategy. Furthermore if you're going up against a better team than you it's almost a required tactic. Only fools like Wenger try and go toe to toe with better teams and we all know how that pans out every year against Bayern in the CL last 16.

Jose still the guvnor as but for a preposterous double save Utd would have come away with a point.

Despite all City and Liverpool's dominance in the two games the two managers who at least know how to set up defences properly almost came away with two points between them. I

It's no secret to anyone how Jose and Big Sam were going to set up so if Pep and Jurgen really were the geniuses we're led to believe they would have come up with a better way to counter it than relying on their keeper to make a miracle save/save a pen.

Southampton, Everton and Utd had 88% between them out of 300% or an average of 29% yet Southampton could easily have won, Everton nicked a point and Utd could've nicked a point. That's hardly a spectacular vindication of possession football.

At the end of the day you can tiki taka all you like but it's goals that count. If you don't score enough of them but you do concede them you drop points.

Klopp's bleating particulary pathetic as if Everton are defrauding everyone by not leaving themselves wide open like idiot teams such as Spartak who clearly didn't even the most basic research as to how we play.

Pep got away with it yesterday because Utd's defence made some sloppy errors but Jurgen didn't because our defence did what it always does. This whole attitude of 'this my philosophy and I'm not changing the way we play for anyone' betrays a sign of weakness in a manager rather than greatness.

Pep gets away with it because he always has the best squad in the league. Jurgen never does have the best squad and thus has been found wanting when it matters as his record in finals proves.

People can slag Jose and park the bus as a tactic all they want but it's a legitimate strategy. Furthermore if you're going up against a better team than you it's almost a required tactic. Only fools like Wenger try and go toe to toe with better teams and we all know how that pans out every year against Bayern in the CL last 16.

It's all your fault Liverpool didn't beat Everton.

You said you were going to start a Petition to get rid of DJ Lovren.
    001 wrote: »

I was too busy admiring Salah to remember such trivialities as the defence matter.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

What's this you saying on about "nicking a point"? This is United at home, and the genius move by Jose is to attempt to "nick a point" and failing. Yeah, great strategy there. What sort of great triumph would that be, remaining 8 points behind, yippee. Sorry, but you win any league by believing that you can go out and beat the best teams, especially at home, not by playing negative football and hoping the other side lets you in. And your talk there at the end about how managers stick to close to their own philosophy, well that truer of Jose than anyone else. They didn't go out to win, they went out to not get hammered 0 - 4. The only reason they played so well against Arsenal is because of the problems in Arsenal's own defense, not Jose's tactics.

"Pep gets away with it" Really? You're starting to sound like Jose in his post match conference. Man City breaks records for most consecutive match wins in the premier league, what a lucky SoB that Pep is. Ofcourse it has nothing to do with the fact that what he is doing actually works, whereas playing with 35% possession at home in the hopes of "nicking a point" when you're 8 points behind doesn't seem to.
    Only fools like Wenger try and go toe to toe with better teams and we all know how that pans out every year against Bayern in the CL last 16.

Every year. Every year…Well, not this year obviously, but if Arsenal make the top four and/or win the EL, they will meet Bayern in CL. It's like a force of nature.
    001 wrote: »

I was too busy admiring Salah to remember such trivialities as the defence matter.

WiZZer,

If The Kloppster starts DJ Lovren, Moreno or the Mug, You expect Liverpool to keep a clean sheet do you ????? You can't be the real deal?

Startup that Petition again,old man. Time to get rid of the 3 Stooges. :)