"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Oops. That wasn't in the turgid 0-0 script.

Jose got to reverse his bus out of the goal and attack now but I'm not sure it has any forward gears.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,395
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Delph has always been over-rated,...he is shit,basically but lucky,like that waste of space Jermain Jenus was.
    Jurgen already on the blower to Fabian's agent.

Bus nicely parked again I trust.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    barryt007 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Everton got dominated and walked away with a point despite doing nothing on the pitch. An official decided to hand them a point. That's the story of the game.

Nah,the story of the game is Liverpool cocked it up.

Yes or no: if the penalty isn't called, Liverpool has a W and three points. That's a Yes. So...
    Everton got dominated and walked away with a point despite doing nothing on the pitch. An official decided to hand them a point. That's the story of the game.

Yes or no: if the penalty isn't called, Liverpool has a W and three points. That's a Yes. So...

And if Mane in the first half didn't have his selfish head up his arse and passed the ball the penalty wouldn't have mattered.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 9,117

Utter bollocks.

You put your hand in someone's back in the area and you run the risk.

And if you don't buy any defenders and one of your players selfishly decides to let them off the hook by shooting instead of squaring to bury them then it's a disaster entirely if your own making.

2-0 and there's no way back for them. Or 1-0 with decent defenders the same is true.

But combining 1-0 with a pub defence and you're not going home with 3 points. And that's not the referee or Everton's fault that's rank ineptitude from Liverpool.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 17,297

Calvert-Lewin got pushed. Made the most of it, but he was still fouled.

_____
    Another gameweek, and again no clean sheets. Fantasy Premier League is difficult stuff!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

And if Mane in the first half didn't have his selfish head up his arse and passed the ball the penalty wouldn't have mattered.

One involved players making decisions. The other involved officials making decisions.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Another gameweek, and again no clean sheets. Fantasy Premier League is difficult stuff!

Speak for yourself son. I've got 3 Burnley players at the back.

_____

Its the best Fantasy league though...I got some nice points from Salah again which is good,and like Wiz I have a Burnley defender but also a Southampton one in place as well,giving nice dividends for a cheap cost ;)
    The thing about parking the bus is it only works if you don't defend like Liverpool.
    A 2-2 would suit Arsenal nicely...
    Lukaku is having a mare

Over-rated i'm afraid,always disappears in the big games.

I'm at a loss as to why.

You don't seriously consider you're playing in the same league as City and Utd do you?

There's the top 2 and then there's Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal in a grubby little dogfight for 4th.

Chelsea may or may not yet join the dogfight and make it a 4 way scrap for 3rd and 4th or they might just keep meandering along in 3rd.

But to think the results of Utd and City have any more bearing on where Arsenal's season than they do Swansea's is delusion in the extreme.
    Oops. That wasn't in the turgid 0-0 script.

Jose got to reverse his bus out of the goal and attack now but I'm not sure it has any forward gears.

I'm at a loss as to why.

You don't seriously consider you're playing in the same league as City and Utd do you?

There's the top 2 and then there's Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal in a grubby little dogfight for 4th.

Chelsea may or may not yet join the dogfight and make it a 4 way scrap for 3rd and 4th or they might just keep meandering along in 3rd.

But to think the results of Utd and City have any more bearing on where Arsenal's season than they do Swansea's is delusion in the extreme.

I am delusional....problem ?
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 17,297

Speak for yourself son. I've got 3 Burnley players at the back.

Mee injured, so I only had Pope this week. Would had started Mee otherwise! Bournemouth and Brighton did me no favours this week, though.

EDIT: Otamendi goal! Fantastic!

_____

Its the best Fantasy league though...I got some nice points from Salah again which is good,and like Wiz I have a Burnley defender but also a Southampton one in place as well,giving nice dividends for a cheap cost ;)

Salah is the best player my team has had this season! Have Cédric from Southampton, but they haven't been as secure in defense, unfortunately.
    Brilliant double save !!
    Brilliant double save !!

That's the title there.

Not quite Jim Montgomery as the first just hit him in the face but close.

Certainly an upgrade on Claudio Bravo!!
    Unless a massive implosion happens then the battle for 2nd place is on.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Agree City just won the title it's there's to lose now, United will keep fighting though Jose needs to pick players who will fight. The first half was garbage utter garbage

Lukaku needs to have a good second half of season, nothing sticks to him

Leicester won the title so anything can happen in the mad world of the Premier league still, but I think thats it,season over.

It's how Man City cope when that defeat comes, and if it is a low placed team that inflicts it.