"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

jobo wrote: »
    City are just too good! Tottenham is no pub team!

Park the Bus tactics against PEP City next time.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    The mancs getting away with one yet again. A clear pen not given. Masterclass from mourinho.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DCisared wrote: »
    The mancs getting away with one yet again. A clear pen not given. Masterclass from mourinho.

Very bold. I think I'd wait till Jurgen hasn't pissed 3-0 up the wall again before I had the nerve to criticise a double CL winning manager.

Still at least if we lose 4-3 again we will have been entertained and that's what's important.

Very bold. I think I'd wait till Jurgen hasn't pissed 3-0 up the wall again before I had the nerve to criticise a double CL winning manager.

Still at least if we lose 4-3 again we will have been entertained and that's what's important.

Looking good for Klopp & Co, @TheWizardOfIce!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 9,117

That's certainly much more like it. I couldn't care less how many goals we scored - we all know that's not the issue - but the way we never gave them the slightest sniff of getting back into it was much more encouraging.

Robertson put in a great shift and it's remarkable it's taken this long for him to get a chance given the state of the clown who has been picked ahead of him all season.

Lallana coming back, the likes of Solanke and Ings to come on and give the main men a rest very encouraging.

But we've seen thrashing teams who come and try to play open football against us before.

When we start getting results against teams who set up not to get beat and managers who have more nous than Eddie Howe's rather naive philosophy I might think we've finally turned the corner.

Arsenal away next which is winnable then Swansea and Leicester at home who we need to monster. Certainly 7 points out of those 9 the minimum requirement. The big test Burnley away on New Year's Day. If we win that then we will be showing definite progress finally.
    We've actually kept 13 clean sheets in the last 24 premier league games, the most by any team in that period believe it or not. City next with 11. Up the reds.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 17,297
    Arsenal away next which is winnable

That's my fear, for sure! Mustafi and Kolašinac might play, but I can see Salah making a few goals no matter the defense. Wenger sure needs Sánchez, Özil, Lacazette and the attacking players to do well.
    Messi apparently has to make every record his. He hit the woodwork twice in the first half today, bringing the total up to ten this year! The most in the world this season by far, obviously... ;))

That's my fear, for sure! Mustafi and Kolašinac might play, but I can see Salah making a few goals no matter the defense. Wenger sure needs Sánchez, Özil, Lacazette and the attacking players to do well.

I've a feeling Giroud is scoring but yeah I think we're getting atleast a couple aswell :) should be a good game.

I've a feeling Giroud is scoring but yeah I think we're getting atleast a couple aswell :) should be a good game.

Giroud would be a good pick against the Liverpool defense. Will Wenger start him, though?

That's certainly much more like it. I couldn't care less how many goals we scored - we all know that's not the issue - but the way we never gave them the slightest sniff of getting back into it was much more encouraging.

Robertson put in a great shift and it's remarkable it's taken this long for him to get a chance given the state of the clown who has been picked ahead of him all season.

Lallana coming back, the likes of Solanke and Ings to come on and give the main men a rest very encouraging.

But we've seen thrashing teams who come and try to play open football against us before.

When we start getting results against teams who set up not to get beat and managers who have more nous than Eddie Howe's rather naive philosophy I might think we've finally turned the corner.

Arsenal away next which is winnable then Swansea and Leicester at home who we need to monster. Certainly 7 points out of those 9 the minimum requirement. The big test Burnley away on New Year's Day. If we win that then we will be showing definite progress finally.

Salah,Robertson and the OX have been great signings for Liverpool.

I told you Robertson was a good signing. He defends well and is fast with excellent crosses.

But you dismissed him as a cheap buy etc.

Is Salah a World class player yet in your useless opinion ?

You know nothing MR Wizard............ :)
    001 wrote: »

Salah - Yes.
    Robertson and Ox - Have played about 6 games each and have done ok rather than spectacularly so if you call that a good enough sample on which to draw a conclusion I bow to your superior knowledge.
    I told you Robertson was a good signing. He defends well and is fast with excellent crosses.

He was a cheap buy. I don't see many clubs with serious aspirations queuing up to buy defenders who have just been relegated. But I never doubted he wouldn't be am improvement on Morono. It's the manager who you should be aiming this at as it took the Sevilla car crash for him to finally give the guy a chance, realising he couldn't possibly be any worse.

Who knows? Your Messis, Ronaldos and Suarezs do this week in week out season after season. If he still does it for the rest of the season and then the season after that then maybe he is. But again clearly him destroying a handful of crap teams more than sufficient evidence for you. I'd like to see him single handedly win some tight games (West Brom the other day a case in point, Utd at home?) or salvage a game when we are losing before I would even risk bandying about the term World Class. Look at Dele Alli? Last season amazing this season a carthorse. It's knee jerk people like you that have driven the market to these insane levels where 10 good games mean you are worth 100m.

Clearly not. Although I can read the table which states in black and white that tedious, negative Jose is 7 points clear of us even though everyone is slaughtering him. Despite the Egyptian Maradona's spectacular feats how come we are 6 points worse off than last season? That's progress is it?

You may be happy with that in your job as Salah's fluffer but I'm more concerned with Liverpool football club. I couldn't care less if it was Klavan or Karius scoring the goals or just winning 1-0 every week to an OG (didn't the jammy Scum have OG has second top scorer a few seasons ago?) if we were top of the table.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 1,575

Salah - Yes.
    Robertson and Ox - Have played about 6 games each and have done ok rather than spectacularly so if you call that a good enough sample on which to draw a conclusion I bow to your superior knowledge.

He was a cheap buy. I don't see many clubs with serious aspirations queuing up to buy defenders who have just been relegated. But I never doubted he wouldn't be am improvement on Morono. It's the manager who you should be aiming this at as it took the Sevilla car crash for him to finally give the guy a chance, realising he couldn't possibly be any worse.

Who knows? Your Messis, Ronaldos and Suarezs do this week in week out season after season. If he still does it for the rest of the season and then the season after that then maybe he is. But again clearly him destroying a handful of crap teams more than sufficient evidence for you. I'd like to see him single handedly win some tight games (West Brom the other day a case in point, Utd at home?) or salvage a game when we are losing before I would even risk bandying about the term World Class. Look at Dele Alli? Last season amazing this season a carthorse. It's knee jerk people like you that have driven the market to these insane levels where 10 good games mean you are worth 100m.

Clearly not. Although I can read the table which states in black and white that tedious, negative Jose is 7 points clear of us even though everyone is slaughtering him. Despite the Egyptian Maradona's spectacular feats how come we are 6 points worse off than last season? That's progress is it?

You may be happy with that in your job as Salah's fluffer but I'm more concerned with Liverpool football club. I couldn't care less if it was Klavan or Karius scoring the goals or just winning 1-0 every week to an OG (didn't the jammy Scum have OG has second top scorer a few seasons ago?) if we were top of the table.

You know why we are Losing or drawing games but i'll remind you, again.
    Dj lovren ,Moreno and the WORST GK in the EPL ,The Mug.

Are you Dyche's official fluffer ? :)

A championship side showing Mourinho how to play football. Lovely stuff.

Mourinho losing is always good for the soul! And laughing of his stupid excuses is a delightful bonus! ;)

Didn't catch the whole game, but Bristol City couldn't have done it better!

Maybe Mourinho should have parked the bus. :)
    Norwich boys play tonight! Come on lads we need a win against Brentford this evening! OTBC!!!!
    Arsenal v Liverpool today is a fabulous fascinating fixture.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 7,500

If who might have a shot at ending fourth deeply fascinates you...

Maybe so! Wonderful to see Arsenal change about the entire team against West Ham, and still make it.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Norwich boys play tonight! Come on lads we need a win against Brentford this evening! OTBC!!!!

How is the injury situation at Norwich right now? Think I read somewhere that Tettey was back?

As an Arsenal fan, I can't really look forward to this game, recent fixtures against Liverpool in mind…

Where is the tactical genius when you need him?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    jobo wrote: »

Where is the tactical genius when you need him?

In the City changing room.
    Hoping for a good (football) start to christmas tonight…
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Henderson already injured....frantic pace atm ...Sanchez looks up for it !

EDIT : 0-1...Why do I f******g bother with this team anymore....its the same script,same shit,every frickin season.

TBH I'm actually not even getting annoyed anymore...i'm not that bothered,getting more and more neutral re Arsenal and England every match.
    barryt007 wrote: »

EDIT : 0-1...Why do I f******g bother with this team anymore....its the same script,same shit,every frickin season.

TBH I'm actually not even getting annoyed anymore...i'm not that bothered,getting more and more neutral re Arsenal and England every match.

Can't see any Arsenal goal by the looks of it. Nice way to start christmas, eh?
    I actually doubled up with 'pool in my Fantasy team before this round. No Coutinho though – which I'm already regretting.

Petr Čech have been really good so far. Could have been a lot more than just the one for Klopp's boys.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Can't see any Arsenal goal by the looks of it. Nice way to start christmas, eh?
    I actually doubled up with 'pool in my Fantasy team before this round. No Coutinho though – which I'm already regretting.

Petr Čech have been really good so far. Could have been a lot more than just the one for Klopp's boys.

It's awful Torg,could have been 5-0 so far.
    And yes,merry frickin Xmas.....boos around the Emirates once more.

Pathetic cowards is basically what they are.
    And Wenger needs a kick up the arse back to France.
    WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 goals in about 4 mins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Hilarious.

If no one wants Jose I'll bite your hand off over this imbecile.

At the very least could we put in a transfer request for his bus?
    This game is just insane,and as my uncle Martin Tyler said in commentary,this is why neither team will win the Premier League.